Dunking In Warm Up

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Dunking In Warm Up

Postby Flying Wallenda » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:03 am

About 2-3 of us would dunk in warm up many moons ago - the elementary kids loved it - they'd stand near the doorway where the refs would come out and tell us when they were about to arrive - refs had to have heard the breakaway rims snapping away - good times....but at this point either gravity is winning or they've raised the baskets.....:)
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:05 am

Flying Wallenda wrote:About 2-3 of us would dunk in warm up many moons ago - the elementary kids loved it - they'd stand near the doorway where the refs would come out and tell us when they were about to arrive - refs had to have heard the breakaway rims snapping away - good times....but at this point either gravity is winning or they've raised the baskets.....:)

:D must be where you got your handle "flying Wallenda" :)

we had some leapers too, my brother was a 5' 10" jr. when I was a senior and he could get up...
coach had us do the jump at the Rim on the way down to Locker before game
crowd would go "whoa" when he would touch the middle of his forearm on the Rim :shock:
even more moons ago though....round backboards no break away's :)

fun memories!

young guys out there? if you like Jumping? Keep Jumping!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby KG4MVP » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:25 am

I thought it was only a T in warmups when the rim was snapped?
KG4MVP
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Boys