Anyone having problems with 'The Cube'

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Anyone having problems with 'The Cube'

Postby vikingman » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:26 pm

Is anyone else having problems either watching 'The Cube' webcasts, or actually streaming to the Cube?

When I'm watching a webcast at home, almost every school's stream seems to freeze on a regular basis. When I'm streaming myself, my streaming computer shows that everything is fine, but when I watch my stream on a laptop up in the booth, it also freezes and gives the 'Disconnected' message on a regular basis. I can't determine for sure if it is something with my computers/equipment/connection, or if The Cube has overextended itself and can't keep up with all the streams.

I'd like to hear of your experience with The Cube -- it may be time for me to switch to YouTube.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Re: Anyone having problems with 'The Cube'

Postby woodchuck10 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:08 pm

I tried watching St. John vs Mohall game earlier on the cube but wasn’t able to get it to work. Stanley Gazette does YouTube live and that worked awesome. Watched a few Stanley games this year.
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikingman » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:10 am

I've streamed the last 2 games to The Cube and YouTube both. YouTube never dropped out once.

The only reason I hesitate to drop the Cube is that 'The Cube' has the 'North Dakota' page where people can easily find many webcasts. If you're on YouTube, people have to KNOW you're on YouTube or they'll never find it. I had no idea Stanley was streaming their games on YouTube. If they had been on the Cube I would have been aware of it.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby vikingman » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:27 pm

As I suspected, The Cube must have been having problems, as they are now going out of business.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys