Watford city

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Watford city

Postby braves84 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:26 am

I know there was talk a while ago about them going class a, does anybody know where that stands right know. I saw they played Dickinson a couple of times this year, when do they make the move up?
braves84
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Watford city

Postby NDbballfan-AandB » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:09 pm

2 years is what I have heard.
NDbballfan-AandB
NDPreps Rookie

Postby OLDBBfAN » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:39 pm

They will join Class A 2018-2019 season.
OLDBBfAN
NDPreps Reserve

Postby go maji » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:04 pm

It will be cool to have another team in the west. But serious question, I can understand moving down to be more competitive. But why is Watford City so excited to move up?

Once again respect to Watford City and their fans.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby triplebbb » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:24 am

WC is not that excited about moving up : ( The huge gains in enrollment have not brought in an influx of great athletes. Some really good ones moved around 5-6 years ago but not many recently. WC will have a hard time competing in almost all sports. We do have great facilities and coaches who are putting in work but participation numbers in most activities have not risen and in many cases are at low numbers (GBB around 17 9-12 with one 8th grader) All grades except 10, 11, and 12 are over 100 students, with some lower elementary closer to 140. No one will feel sorry for us so we will do our best.
triplebbb
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:27 pm

I would assume that Watford is not excited at all about moving up. If there numbers are low this year in girls basketball I can't imagine they will increase when playing class A. I'm hoping that there can be a silver lining to this after a couple of years and the 3 class system would pass, but i'm sure that won't happen.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys