EDC Final Leadup

EDC Final Leadup

Postby heimer » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:47 am

Let me take a stab at a lead up for tonight's EDC Final.

"Tonight, a homegrown team from the smallest A school in the state will take on a super team created when someone couldn't get along with her coach and her parents rewarded bad behavior by buying a house across town."

Did I get it right?

If you're not a Hi-Liner fan tonight, there is something wrong with you.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Re: EDC Final Leadup

Postby JMHS » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:14 pm

I am not and never have been a follower of ND high school volleyball, but I find your lead in statement interesting. Go Hi-Liners !
JMHS
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:51 pm

JMHS wrote:I am not and never have been a follower of ND high school volleyball, but I find your lead in statement interesting. Go Hi-Liners !

West Fargo already won this afternoon...sets up an interesting, potential semifinal matchup between WF & Jamestown at State this weekend. I do agree though...seems fishy about everything that happened last year/this year.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby theallaroundballer » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:38 pm

Just on the surface, I don't see the controversy here. Classic case of old school coach refusing to adapt to the new environment of high school athletics. It's not like those Sheyenne players were asking to be catered to and pampered, but to just be treated with dignity and respect, something Newton failed to do according to the accusations. I will always defend player mobility and if her parents legitimately moved within the district lines of WF, then play ball. Not a great look to be barred from competing her senior year if she already committed to NDSU as a junior. I suppose they should have gone the more traditional route of just sending her to Kindred right? :lol:
But there have been way shadier situations that have transpired at the B level that didn't achieve as much notoriety. Again, if y'all have more insight on this, please indulge me because this seems like a genuinely intriguing story.
theallaroundballer
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Volleyball