Thompson vs North Prairie

The teams in 9 Man

Thompson vs North Prairie

Postby steel » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:15 am

Even though its a nonregion game, this looks to be a fun matchup. I don't know alot about the teams, but I think it is Thompson's speed and skill players as a strength vs North Prairie size, strength and line. I give both teams credit for matching up on a bye week when didn't need to, especially Thompson with a huge game against W-L next week. Any insights or predictions. It is supposed to be decent weather. I will go with Thompson 32-28. My predictions haven't been too good so I definitely wouldn't put any money on that wager.lol
steel
NDPreps Starter

Re: Thompson vs North Prairie

Postby Flip » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:50 pm

scc wrote:From a QRF standpoint...

I'm wondering if this has a lot to do with why it was scheduled. Does a head to head matchup supersede QRF if Thompson and Cavalier are both #1 seeds and they meet in the playoffs?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:58 pm

Flip wrote:
scc wrote:From a QRF standpoint...

I'm wondering if this has a lot to do with why it was scheduled. Does a head to head matchup supersede QRF if Thompson and Cavalier are both #1 seeds and they meet in the playoffs?

According to NDHSAA website, QRF will be used to determine home field advantage for tied like-seeded teams...that's all I could find.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby bulldog_power » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:48 pm

I agree it seems to be good from a QRF point of view. Does anyone know how it does work if you win or lose. Will it hurt there QRFs if they lose. I am not familiar with how it works or is calculated. Please fill me in if you have a better handle on the QRF and what affects it.
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:52 pm

bulldog_power wrote:I agree it seems to be good from a QRF point of view. Does anyone know how it does work if you win or lose. Will it hurt there QRFs if they lose. I am not familiar with how it works or is calculated. Please fill me in if you have a better handle on the QRF and what affects it.

I think it would have to hurt North Prairie since they are #1 in QRF, probably not a lot though. Thompson has the most to gain IMO with a win. I don't think they lose much in QRF if they lose since NP is ranked so high. Run has a better handle on this than me though.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby steel » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:55 am

If Thompson and Cavalier both made it as #1 seeds, I think QRF would be a farce if Thompson was granted homefield and Cavalier was still unbeaten. Head to head should always be the first criteria. Both teams have some very tough games to get through before that is the case.
steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby woodchuck10 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:35 pm

Does the QRF include the results during the playoffs? I would think it wouldn't but could see reasons why it should.

NP 30 Thompson 24
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:24 pm

woodchuck10 wrote:Does the QRF include the results during the playoffs? I would think it wouldn't but could see reasons why it should.

NP 30 Thompson 24

I would guess, no, but I can't say for sure.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby bulldog_power » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:02 pm

I will take thompson by 3 scores. Tommies have To much speed for NP
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:11 am

steel wrote:If Thompson and Cavalier both made it as #1 seeds, I think QRF would be a farce if Thompson was granted homefield and Cavalier was still unbeaten. Head to head should always be the first criteria. Both teams have some very tough games to get through before that is the case.

Every time Thompson wins...it helps Cavalier's QRF.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby bulldog_power » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:37 pm

Any insight on this game. Sounded like a heck of a first half, but then thompson seemed to run away with it in the second half. Did they just play better in that half, or did north prairie just lay an egg in the second half
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby airmail » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:00 pm

bulldog_power wrote:Any insight on this game. Sounded like a heck of a first half, but then thompson seemed to run away with it in the second half. Did they just play better in that half, or did north prairie just lay an egg in the second half

I think Thompson tightened up on defense a bit in the second half to their credit. But the biggest difference was that they also (almost) quit taking untimely penalties. Their defensive penalties resulted in the continuation of many of North Prairie's scoring drives, and THS penalties also nullified two TDs of their own (one being the first play of the game). They will need to clean it up from the start against Wyndmere-Lidgerwood this week.
It was a fun game to watch, with two very talented teams. I think NP was reasonably successful in stopping Reck, but their secondary just couldn't keep up with the THS receiving corps. In a nutshell, the number and speed of THS offensive weapons overtook NP's size advantage.
airmail
NDPreps Starter

Return to 9 - Man