Napoleon-GS- vs Linton HMB

The teams in 9 Man

Napoleon-GS- vs Linton HMB

Postby steel » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:23 am

Any thoughts on this game. It looks like it will decide the region. I know a little about Napoleon, Weigel is a tough runner, Fettig is very elusive and a talented athlete. Linton looks to be a little more balanced, excellent QB and receivers. Any insights, predictions. Good luck to both.
steel
NDPreps Starter

Re: Napoleon-GS- vs Linton HMB

Postby Bacon » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:13 pm

Linton, Napoleon, and Kidder county are all good teams and very close as far as talent. Linton and Napoleon squeaked by Kidder with an 8 point difference. Both were very close games. I think it will come down to who has less turn overs and penalties. Linton will be motivated after getting beat last year on their home field. I expect a close game that could go either way. Probably come down to the last possession.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ziva378 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:06 am

Napoleon G-S 31
Linton-HMB 22

Only heard the 2nd half it was on KSJB Jamestown, but it sounded like quite a game! Linton was up I think it was 22-8 early in the 3rd quarter. Napoleon scored one touchdown in the 3rd quarter and 2 TD's in the 4th quarter to complete the comeback. Believe it was a Jamison Fettig 75yd TD run to pretty much clinch the region 3 championship! Linton drove the field at the end of the game but came up short. I think both teams will represent the region well in the 9 man state playoffs.
Ziva378
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Browning » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:19 am

Napoleon scored first but Linton answered then Napoleon fumbled on its own 20 and Linton ran it in and jumped ahead 16 to 8. Linton scored on a long run to make it 22 to 8 at half. Linton also had a four down goal line stand that stopped napoleon on the one. The second half was all napoleon with a final score of 31 to 22 Napoleon winning. Napoleon stopped Linton on a fourth and three that sealed the game it was 22 to 23 Napoleon leading but Linton was driving after that Linton played a run stopping defense with no one over the top and the qb broke it for a long score. Both teams are good and could fair well in post season play.
Browning
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bacon » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:04 pm

Napoleon head coach is a master at second half adjustments. I've been watching this team for quite a few years and it seems they always have a better second half than first. He really knows how to read teams and tell his players what to do to correct some mistakes.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:23 pm

Bacon wrote:Napoleon head coach is a master at second half adjustments. I've been watching this team for quite a few years and it seems they always have a better second half than first. He really knows how to read teams and tell his players what to do to correct some mistakes.

I remember seeing Nap's Roster last year.....they had a young team, seeing them having success is no surprise.......
beating Linton in that area, is and has been virtually impossible for years and years.....Coaching and Player combo is Key!....great area of the State when it comes to Class B anything!!! :)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Return to 9 - Man