Coaching Changes

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Coaching Changes

Postby Nodak Guy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:57 am

Quick question. What's up with schools canning coaches during the season? Larimore last week with the boys and now Richland with the girls. Does anyone have any insight on this? This isn't the pros or collegiate level, people. Seems odd to me. Anyone?????
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Coaching Changes

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:43 pm

Richland coach resigned due to personal reasons per newspaper article

http://www.inforum.com/sports/high-scho ... h-richland
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby airmail » Wed May 31, 2017 8:26 am

I recently heard Rob Scherr is no longer coaching GBB at PRFL, and it was also rumored he will be helping in Grafton. Can anyone confirm this?
airmail
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Wed May 31, 2017 11:48 am

airmail wrote:I recently heard Rob Scherr is no longer coaching GBB at PRFL, and it was also rumored he will be helping in Grafton. Can anyone confirm this?

he's the HC in Langdon. I have heard this from multiple sources.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby airmail » Wed May 31, 2017 2:46 pm

Thanks for clarifying. I thought that "helping in Grafton" was a stretch! :lol:
airmail
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:54 pm

Flip wrote:
airmail wrote:I recently heard Rob Scherr is no longer coaching GBB at PRFL, and it was also rumored he will be helping in Grafton. Can anyone confirm this?

he's the HC in Langdon. I have heard this from multiple sources.

Interesting - Langdon Edmore will be in the hunt next year.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:24 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:Interesting - Langdon Edmore will be in the hunt next year.

next 3 years

edit: maybe longer
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby airmail » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:38 am

Flip wrote:
Flying Wallenda wrote:Interesting - Langdon Edmore will be in the hunt next year.

next 3 years

Can't argue with that. I thought the coach's daughter was a pretty talented young guard... does she follow dad to Langdon, or is she still in PRFL?
airmail
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:31 pm

airmail wrote:
Flip wrote:

next 3 years

Can't argue with that. I thought the coach's daughter was a pretty talented young guard... does she follow dad to Langdon, or is she still in PRFL?

she gone
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:16 am

how about North Border, South Border and Linton-HMB?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:16 pm

Flip wrote:how about North Border, South Border and Linton-HMB?

Jason Schmidt is back as head girl's coach at South Border and I have heard that Brian Flyberg is back as the head girl's coach at Linton-HMB but I am not 100% sure on that.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby OldSchoolBaller » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:17 am

Midway Minto with a coaching change as well. Josh Zikmund will be the coach. He was the boys JV coach for the last 2 years.
“It’s not the will to win that matters – everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.” - Paul "Bear" Bryant
OldSchoolBaller
NDPreps Reserve

Postby B-oldtimer » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:53 pm

What happen in Park River to coach Scherr I see first resigned his coaching position and shortly there after resigned his teaching position. I see that latest Langdon Area school minutes he was hired as head coach of the basketball for girls. He sure went from one talent rich school to another coop talent rich in players. Langdon has a lot of talent returning for the coming year with both size and quickness. They should be leading contender for Region 4 this coming year.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Rivershark » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:50 am

B-oldtimer wrote:What happen in Park River to coach Scherr I see first resigned his coaching position and shortly there after resigned his teaching position. I see that latest Langdon Area school minutes he was hired as head coach of the basketball for girls. He sure went from one talent rich school to another coop talent rich in players. Langdon has a lot of talent returning for the coming year with both size and quickness. They should be leading contender for Region 4 this coming year.

Nice guy, but lacked the necessary coaching and leadership skills. Wasn't something that happened overnight. Basically accumulated over the years from coaching football, and both the girl's and boy's varsity basketball. I can say more, but won't out of respect.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:04 pm

PRFL had the 3rd best varsity, best JV and best C squad in the state. How good would they have been if their coach would have had the "necessary coaching and leadership skills?"
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Rivershark » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:03 am

Flip wrote:PRFL had the 3rd best varsity, best JV and best C squad in the state. How good would they have been if their coach would have had the "necessary coaching and leadership skills?"

The varsity would have been #1.

You're going a little overboard claiming the JV and C squad teams were the best in the state.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby packers21 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:46 pm

Rivershark wrote:
Flip wrote:PRFL had the 3rd best varsity, best JV and best C squad in the state. How good would they have been if their coach would have had the "necessary coaching and leadership skills?"

The varsity would have been #1.

You're going a little overboard claiming the JV and C squad teams were the best in the state.

Hmmmm
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NoDakGuy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:12 pm

Rivershark wrote:
B-oldtimer wrote:What happen in Park River to coach Scherr I see first resigned his coaching position and shortly there after resigned his teaching position. I see that latest Langdon Area school minutes he was hired as head coach of the basketball for girls. He sure went from one talent rich school to another coop talent rich in players. Langdon has a lot of talent returning for the coming year with both size and quickness. They should be leading contender for Region 4 this coming year.

Nice guy, but lacked the necessary coaching and leadership skills. Wasn't something that happened overnight. Basically accumulated over the years from coaching football, and both the girl's and boy's varsity basketball. I can say more, but won't out of respect.

I would guess that some mom or dad got upset that their daughter wasn't getting enough time. There was that incident towards the end of the season that caused a few girls to miss some game time, too. I think the winner in all of this is Scherr, since he's able to get out of there and away from all of that. Best of luck to him in Langdon.
NoDakGuy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:10 pm

When you have a good dedicated coach with experience, in Class B North Dakota specifically, you are already one step ahead of many programs, the next thing of course, is players, and if you have a couple three serious ballers you are now another step ahead of many programs (Langdon will have this).....Scherr is stepping into some great talent and regardless of anything in the past I'm sure he realizes the future is bright.....but it will be up to the players to realize their potential and make it work....
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby B-oldtimer » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:17 pm

I think Langdon could be very good team this coming year. They will have size with Ronnigan and several other girls. They should have some real quick players being lead by Worley girl. They also have good a lot of good players that will be competing with each other for playing time. The big thing is there still going to be very young team so I think its going to take time for them to become good team but I believe they can be that if learn to play together.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:37 pm

I don't know the total makeup of Langdon, but they won't be that inexperienced.
Worley - 1,000 point scorer has obviously played a lot
Ronnigan - has already started 2 seasons, will probably go over a 1,000 points this season
Scheer - didn't start, but got to play a lot on last year's PR team.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:19 pm

So Stewart is gone from Bishop Ryan. She still has another daughter, correct? i'm assuming she's gone too?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby airmail » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:38 pm

Flip wrote:So Stewart is gone from Bishop Ryan. She still has another daughter, correct? i'm assuming she's gone too?

Yes - she has another daughter, Annika, a talented 6' sophomore. I believe there's a young man in the family as well. I'd guess the family would follow mom to live in Edina, but you never know.
airmail
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls