LRSC basketball programs

No smack talk is allowed here.

LRSC basketball programs

Postby Big Blue » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:27 am

I see the LRSC men's basketball team have signed Kyle Henningsgard and Jake Hanson for next year. I think both of those are very good additions to an already stacked team. The women's team always features top North Dakota players and I see they add Mara Nelson from Carrington. Both LRSC programs seem to do a good job of recruiting in-state talent. Always good to see!
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: LRSC basketball programs

Postby Makotifarmguy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:19 am

Was waiting till we actually got to see them play a few times before responding. Wife and I watched the WSC vs LRSC game in Williston and decided to road trip over to Devils Lake yesterday and we watched LRSC play NDSCS.

The team has talent and at times can play extremely well. Unfortunately (and I have been talking about this for quite some time now) the level of D1JUCO is such that our ND kids have to make a big leap to get much playing time. I am not sure Moody (at UND) would even start at NDSCS.

Overall, I think WSC, BSC, and LRSC are at the same level but give an edge to NDSCS when it comes to our JUCO's. I think anyone is beatable at this level so if LRSC peaks at the right time, they will be fun to watch.

Going to try to get to WSC vs BSC on the 25th.
"Take the bull by the horns"
Makotifarmguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:48 am

Makotifarmguy wrote:Was waiting till we actually got to see them play a few times before responding. Wife and I watched the WSC vs LRSC game in Williston and decided to road trip over to Devils Lake yesterday and we watched LRSC play NDSCS.

The team has talent and at times can play extremely well. Unfortunately (and I have been talking about this for quite some time now) the level of D1JUCO is such that our ND kids have to make a big leap to get much playing time. I am not sure Moody (at UND) would even start at NDSCS.

Overall, I think WSC, BSC, and LRSC are at the same level but give an edge to NDSCS when it comes to our JUCO's. I think anyone is beatable at this level so if LRSC peaks at the right time, they will be fun to watch.

Going to try to get to WSC vs BSC on the 25th.

Enjoyed your overview Makotifarmguy. Have had an opportunity to watch all of these teams play a number of times. Would like to touch on a couple of things. LRSC had 4 ND players until Weston went down with a knee injury. At the time, he was one of the best players on the team. I believe he is the only sophomore from ND with the other 3 freshman seeing a lot of time. Bismarck has 12 ND players, Bottineau 1, United Tribes 4, Wahpeton 1 (RS), Williston 3.

I believe as well that Science is a shade above the rest right now in that division. You have to give Coach Engen and his staff credit, he has instilled a discipline in that team and is very noticeable even watching them warm up. But all of these teams on any given night can beat one another.

Also for the 4 year schools with ND players, Dickinson 1, Jamestown 14, Mary 5, Mayville 3, Minot 3, NDSU 3, UND 1, Valley City 7.

For the 14 colleges listed, there are approximately 62 ND players participating in college bb. Let's also say that there are 20 All-Staters per year for class A and B, for a total of 80 in the past 4 years. Subtracting those that went to other sports, I would say 62 is a good sampling. Now, not all are playing significant minutes, but from what I have seen, a lot of them are playing and it is a pretty good sampling for our population size. Just some fun facts.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby Makotifarmguy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:00 pm

Appreciate the feedback. Good to know a fellow JUCO fan is out there. Figured I was the only one! ha

Thanks for the added information. Good information to know.
"Take the bull by the horns"
Makotifarmguy
NDPreps Starter

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges