MR BASKETBALL!!!

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby RockNRoll » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:59 pm

Whose everyone got?
RockNRoll
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:48 pm

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby Sniper » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:18 pm

Aanen Moody.
Sniper
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:30 am
Location: Bismarck, ND

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby NodakQ2 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:37 pm

Moody
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:48 pm

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby RockNRoll » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:53 pm

Tronis McKay... the kid is awesome to watch/skills/athletic and makes the team better..
RockNRoll
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:48 pm

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:26 pm

Convincing arguments could be made for Kyjuan Johnson, Tronis McKay, and Aanen Moody.

Moody had the best season though and should win. But you never know.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

If you do not like how I operate, play for someone else. I do not need to beg.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
User avatar
balla45
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4056
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota USA

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:32 pm

balla45 wrote:Convincing arguments could be made for Kyjuan Johnson, Tronis McKay, and Aanen Moody.

Moody had the best season though and should win. But you never know.


Will there be more than 3 finalists? Any other possibilities??
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 13776
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:50 pm

I do not vote. No convincing argument could be made for any other player to win.

Sem missed games and that was used against Hanstad, so I am sure it will be used against him. No one else stood out as much. Moody is best player. Johnson is best player on 3x A champions. McKay is best player on potential 2x B champions.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

If you do not like how I operate, play for someone else. I do not need to beg.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
User avatar
balla45
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4056
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota USA

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby wem » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:18 am

What is used to determine this award? Is it only senior year or is it a career? Is it best statistical player or best overall player?(Huge difference) Is it media or coaches? When are the candidates chosen?
wem
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:59 am

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:50 am

SCC can probably answer that for you better than I can.

Media award.

Candidates announced Wednesday.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

If you do not like how I operate, play for someone else. I do not need to beg.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
User avatar
balla45
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4056
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota USA

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:34 am

In my mind it has to be Aanen Moody.
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:52 am

2 person race - Moody/Mckay. Moody wins convincingly.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:39 pm

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby RockNRoll » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:21 am

I think Mckay wins!! Great player!!
RockNRoll
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 2:48 pm

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby packers21 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:06 pm

Moody, Johnson, Mckay
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby wem » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:47 pm

If its media, Moody wins hands down. He been built up to the point that he walks on water. He's a great athlete, and has great stats, but there are a handful of better players. That was seen at state A. I know most will disagree, but you better come back with more than his scoring. How much D does he play?
wem
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:59 am

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:55 pm

2017 Mr. Basketball Finalists

Aanen Moody (Dickinson)
KyJuan Johnson (Minot)
Jacob Mertens (Devils Lake)
Jake Paper (Fargo Davies)
Siman Sem (Fargo North)
Tronis McKay (Four Winds-Minnewaukan)
Logan Nelson (Northern Cass)
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 13776
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby balla45 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:03 am

wem wrote:If its media, Moody wins hands down. He been built up to the point that he walks on water. He's a great athlete, and has great stats, but there are a handful of better players. That was seen at state A. I know most will disagree, but you better come back with more than his scoring. How much D does he play?


Team took 3rd at State A and lost 4 games. Led Class A in steals. Team mostly plays zone. Who are the handful of better players?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

If you do not like how I operate, play for someone else. I do not need to beg.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
User avatar
balla45
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4056
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota USA

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby hoophoophoop » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:34 am

At least three in region 1, seen him in person, anyone who goes up to a kid greets him by saying I'm playing division 1 n shakes his hand is, well you no what.
hoophoophoop
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:15 pm

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby Sportsrube » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:45 am

balla45 wrote:
wem wrote:If its media, Moody wins hands down. He been built up to the point that he walks on water. He's a great athlete, and has great stats, but there are a handful of better players. That was seen at state A. I know most will disagree, but you better come back with more than his scoring. How much D does he play?


Team took 3rd at State A and lost 4 games. Led Class A in steals. Team mostly plays zone. Who are the handful of better players?


Could not agree more, Moody should win this award.
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby wem » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:04 am

Moody wins going away with what I know now about criteria for award. Won't even be close. If it was a coaches award vs media award it would be a lot closer.
wem
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:59 am

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby Flip » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:26 am

hoophoophoop wrote:At least three in region 1, seen him in person, anyone who goes up to a kid greets him by saying I'm playing division 1 n shakes his hand is, well you no what.

Moody scores 40 ppg in region 1.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby The Schwab » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:37 am

I'd take the over, flip. Dude is the real deal
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3450
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby d_fense » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:23 pm

Flip wrote:
hoophoophoop wrote:At least three in region 1, seen him in person, anyone who goes up to a kid greets him by saying I'm playing division 1 n shakes his hand is, well you no what.

Moody scores 40 ppg in region 1.


Almost no way he would average 40 points in region 1. He would have to be on a team that would allow him to shoot a crazy number of shots. He would have 4 minutes a game less time to get there than he did in Class A. I only have Moody's stats through the first 21 games.

Region 1's highest scores are Jake Hanson and Logan Nelson. Hanson scored 26.5 points a game. I think but am not sure Nelson was just shy of that. I can't find Nelson's stats on line but did find Hanson's.

Comparing Hanson to Moody...
Hanson shot 69% from 2 compared to Moody's 56%. If in region 1 Moody's % would be higher than 56%, but not as high as Hanson's as Moody would take a greater number of more difficult 2 point shots. Both players shot 37% from the 3 point line. In region 1 Moody would have also shot a higher percentage than he did in the WDA. If i were to guess Moody would have been around 43% in region 1, with a high of 45%. If Moody was to be selective in his shot selection from 3 he could be around 50%, but that just isn't his game. From the line Hanson was 83% compared to Moody's 90%. I wouldn't expect Moody to shoot any different in Region 1 from the line.

For Hanson to have averaged 40 points this year (while shooting the same percentages) he would have have had to up his shots attempted from just under 16 a game to just over 24 shots a game or an additional 193 shots on the season. You can find boy's in region 1 that will shoot that many times in a given game, but it doesn't happen very often. Hanson only shot as many as 24 times in a game once this year where he scored 38. I think it would be difficult for a player to be in a situation where they could average that many shots in a game in region 1.

Scoring is a numbers thing. Could Moody have averaged 40 points a game in region 1? Sure, it is possible, but the volume of shots that it would take would be difficult to achieve. He would have to be on a team that would sacrifice a great deal to allow him to shoot that many times in a season
d_fense
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:13 am
Location: Small town eastern ND

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby balla45 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:40 pm

Just a reply to the topic in general. Moody should win because he is the best player. He may not win, which is unlikely, but possible, but he is the best player. He had the best statistical season of anyone in the state while consistently getting box and 1d or face guarded. Additionally, he had multiple games this season where he could have gone for anywhere between 50-70 points and did not get to because they were up by so much. Example Williston home game of 46 points in 21 minutes. On the 3 better players in region 1... Why aren't they playing D1 basketball next year? I believe Nelson is the only R1 player with an NSIC offer. Not taking anything away from R1 as I find that there are several talented seniors there. Hanson, Nelson, and Mauch particularly stand out to me, but let's be realistic here.

On Moody being "exposed" so to speak at the A. He was quite bad from a shooting stand point against Bismarck Century. That said, he was face guarded by a 6'7" full ride NSIC kid on an unbelievably good defensive team. Did we forget about his 25 point outing in round 1 or his 35 point outing in round 3?

I am quite biased, but I feel that Moody, Sem, Johnson, and Carr are at completely different levels than everyone in the state. That said, I watch much more A ball than B ball and my opinions of most B players are typically on a 1-3 game sample size.

Hopefully the best player wins. I very much remember Dexter Werner losing to an inferior player who had very impressive inflated statistics.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

If you do not like how I operate, play for someone else. I do not need to beg.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
User avatar
balla45
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4056
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota USA

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby d_fense » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:48 pm

I am not sure what hoophoophoops was saying. In looking I don't see that he said there are 3 region 1 players better than Moody. I don't know what he was saying or trying to say. Not very clear.... Which I tend to find in his posts.

Moody is the best player in the state, and should win Mr. Basketball. I was only speaking to the claim that he would average 40 points a game in region 1.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:13 am
Location: Small town eastern ND

Re: MR BASKETBALL!!!

Postby Sportsrube » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:55 pm

balla45 wrote:Just a reply to the topic in general. Moody should win because he is the best player. He may not win, which is unlikely, but possible, but he is the best player. He had the best statistical season of anyone in the state while consistently getting box and 1d or face guarded. Additionally, he had multiple games this season where he could have gone for anywhere between 50-70 points and did not get to because they were up by so much. Example Williston home game of 46 points in 21 minutes. On the 3 better players in region 1... Why aren't they playing D1 basketball next year? I believe Nelson is the only R1 player with an NSIC offer. Not taking anything away from R1 as I find that there are several talented seniors there. Hanson, Nelson, and Mauch particularly stand out to me, but let's be realistic here.

On Moody being "exposed" so to speak at the A. He was quite bad from a shooting stand point against Bismarck Century. That said, he was face guarded by a 6'7" full ride NSIC kid on an unbelievably good defensive team. Did we forget about his 25 point outing in round 1 or his 35 point outing in round 3?

I am quite biased, but I feel that Moody, Sem, Johnson, and Carr are at completely different levels than everyone in the state. That said, I watch much more A ball than B ball and my opinions of most B players are typically on a 1-3 game sample size.

Hopefully the best player wins. I very much remember Dexter Werner losing to an inferior player who had very impressive inflated statistics.



Excellent post. If Moody doesn't win this award he will lose it to an inferior player the same as Dexter did.
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Next

Return to Boys

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests

cron