Question of the day

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Question of the day

Postby Big Blue » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:22 pm

To me, the highlight of the state class b girls tournament was the halftime interview with the E-K-M coach. The reporter comments "You're down 12 points to a great team, you have to be happy about that." Best question ever. In other news, I miss Jon Cole. NBC where are you????
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Question of the day

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:03 pm

Face palm...
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bigbrew22 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:17 pm

The Schwab wrote:Face palm...

:lol:
Bigbrew22
NDPreps Starter

Postby HighPlainsDrifter » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:00 pm

Big Blue wrote:To me, the highlight of the state class b girls tournament was the halftime interview with the E-K-M coach. The reporter comments "You're down 12 points to a great team, you have to be happy about that." Best question ever. In other news, I miss Jon Cole. NBC where are you????

Especially when, up to that point, they had only scored 19 themselves.
HighPlainsDrifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby NodakQ2 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:28 pm

Bring back Stephanie Goetz! Or not...
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:52 pm

Big Blue wrote:To me, the highlight of the state class b girls tournament was the halftime interview with the E-K-M coach. The reporter comments "You're down 12 points to a great team, you have to be happy about that." Best question ever. In other news, I miss Jon Cole. NBC where are you????

Jon Cole never asked questions. He made a statement and then stuck the mic in your face. Most coaches could handle it, but it made for many uncomfortable interviews with HS athletes.

I didn't see the interview, but that's a horrible question.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ReadyToPlay » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:58 am

The reporter, Jeremy, is a very ambitious guy and it shows in his sports casts. Of what I have observed in his nightly sports new casts, he is often bombarded with a ton of games to report on throughout the area,(ND and MN) and he knows every clip to the tee, every players name, the time of the game. etc..... and this is all edited, put together, and ready to go "live", sometimes within a half hour of the last game getting over. I can only imagine that his head is just buzzing constantly to make deadlines, editing during any kind of supper or snack that he might even see, and then try to look all refreshed without the sweat and tension even surfacing. I saw the same thing with the former sports anchor Maddie Satler. She was a ball of fire of the same makeup. It looks to me like it is a very tense job and I don't know how long he will last at his pace. His particular question to the coach wasn't very well planned out and remember it was "live" so he couldn't take it back, but if you want to look at the positive side of it, the coaches response was very honest stating basically that she was not satisfied and that they will continue to try and do things that got them there. In looking back over the years, this work load that Pat Sweeney did all those years was remarkable. It takes a lot of years of honing your skill as in any job, and I hope Jeremy can endure the business as I enjoy his upbeat attitude.
ReadyToPlay
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big Blue » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:31 am

I liked the guy's energy. He is very enthusiastic and ambitious, I just couldn't help but gasp at a couple of statements he made. Despite that, he is definitely an improvement from past couple of years. To respond to flip, when I grow up I want to be Jon Cole. The awkwardness made my elementary and middle school years worth living. Because of Jon and the NBC crew, the experience watching state class b tournaments is something I will always remember. Don't know why, but ABC just hasn't been able to replicate the experience.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby heimer » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:55 am

Big Blue wrote:Don't know why, but ABC just hasn't been able to replicate the experience.

Probably has more to do with the basketball than the network.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby lamontcranston » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:22 pm

ReadyToPlay wrote:The reporter, Jeremy, is a very ambitious guy and it shows in his sports casts. Of what I have observed in his nightly sports new casts, he is often bombarded with a ton of games to report on throughout the area,(ND and MN) and he knows every clip to the tee, every players name, the time of the game. etc..... and this is all edited, put together, and ready to go "live", sometimes within a half hour of the last game getting over. I can only imagine that his head is just buzzing constantly to make deadlines, editing during any kind of supper or snack that he might even see, and then try to look all refreshed without the sweat and tension even surfacing. I saw the same thing with the former sports anchor Maddie Satler. She was a ball of fire of the same makeup. It looks to me like it is a very tense job and I don't know how long he will last at his pace. His particular question to the coach wasn't very well planned out and remember it was "live" so he couldn't take it back, but if you want to look at the positive side of it, the coaches response was very honest stating basically that she was not satisfied and that they will continue to try and do things that got them there. In looking back over the years, this work load that Pat Sweeney did all those years was remarkable. It takes a lot of years of honing your skill as in any job, and I hope Jeremy can endure the business as I enjoy his upbeat attitude.

His name is not Jeremy.
lamontcranston
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lamontcranston » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:23 pm

heimer wrote:
Big Blue wrote:Don't know why, but ABC just hasn't been able to replicate the experience.

Probably has more to do with the basketball than the network.

It's a push.
lamontcranston
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tmd33643 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:31 pm

I don't think Grand Forks is the best location for state basketball. I wish the WDA could go to Minot so girls state b basketball could be in Bismarck and switch to Minot every other year. They are much better locations. Nothing against Grank Forks, great city. Just not for state basketball. I think there would be more fans showing up.
tmd33643
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Girls