2016 State Playoffs

The teams in Class A

Re: 2016 State Playoffs

Postby teamwork100% » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:03 pm

Let's get some chatter going! Two big games coming up. What's everybody's predictions for the upcoming games.
teamwork100%
NDPreps Rookie

Postby madseason » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:33 pm

I'm not climbing, I'm jumping on the EEK bandwagon. They are a balanced attack. Langdon will have to have the game of the year through the air to win. EEK D backs get a couple picks. EEK by 12. EEK wins over Bishop Ryan 34-22 . EEK State Champs. First time? Some chatter :) Langdon wins state next year :shock:
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lovwatchingsports » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:46 pm

teamwork100% wrote:Let's get some chatter going! Two big games coming up. What's everybody's predictions for the upcoming games.

Eight on page two.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby madseason » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:53 pm

lovwatchingsports wrote:
teamwork100% wrote:Let's get some chatter going! Two big games coming up. What's everybody's predictions for the upcoming games.

Eight on page two.
8 on page two picked Larimore and Velva?? What are you saying?
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:03 pm

Last 8 comments on page two have predictions for the semi finals
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby madseason » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:58 pm

The Schwab wrote:Last 8 comments on page two have predictions for the semi finals
A lot of bad ones me included I think LOL. never mind I think my bad picks were page one. :lol: :twisted:
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Jeff Baranick » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:39 pm

Living out west, I've not had the privilege of seeing EEK or Larimore in person this season. But based on the 1st showdown earlier this fall, I predicted a Polar Bear win in last Saturday's rematch, and believed Larimore was 2016's best Class A squad. So, I was completely caught off-guard when I saw the final score last weekend! It's possible EEK might experience a letdown on Saturday after its exhilarating win over Larimore. But I think EEK gets to the Dakota Bowl with a tight win over Langdon Area-Munich. Out west, I think Minot Ryan will prevail over Des Lacs-Burlington in a Region 3 rematch. The Lakers won the first encounter five weeks ago by two points I believe; but I think the Lions will avenge that setback this Saturday. Ryan played well on the road to down Hazen by 17 last week. Regarding the Dakota Bowl, I'm predicting an EEK state championship on Veterans' Day....28-14!
Jeff Baranick
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jimor » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:27 pm

EEK 50 Langdon 20 Langdon couldn't stop running game. DLB 32 Ryan 20
jimor
NDPreps Starter

Postby bsoldiergirl » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:25 pm

DLB 32 Ryan 20...What an awesome game on an absolute perfect day for football.
Despite DLB missing (4) 2pt conversions, they were still able to win. While Ryan's ground game was good, DLB's was almost nonexistent. Both teams passed the ball a lot with semi accuracy. Knutson from DLB ran back a kickoff (90 yards?) for a touchdown. Penalties hurt both teams equally. Ryan protected the ball well (1 turnover) while DLB had 3. Both teams played awesome defense. Both teams played their hearts out and left it all on the field.
One should never underestimate the power and determination of the Lakers :wink: ..... GO LAKERS :!: :!: :!:
Play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter

Postby bisonation6 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:45 pm

I'm curious to know Bishop Ryan's record in the semifinals in the last 10-15 years. Feel bad for them as they can never seem to find a way into the Dakota Bowl no matter how good of team they have or what they do.
bisonation6
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoTheDistance » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:36 pm

jimor wrote:EEK 50 Langdon 20 Langdon couldn't stop running game. DLB 32 Ryan 20

EEK defense was tough. Pass coverage was thick and although he tossed a couple interceptions, Langdon QB threw some incredible passes. Very talented player. They are going to be a force next year. Congrats to them on a good season. From 1-7 last year to the semis is impressive.

One more week of no haircuts. Go THUNDER! :D
GoTheDistance
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theallaroundballer » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:00 pm

bisonation6 wrote:I'm curious to know Bishop Ryan's record in the semifinals in the last 10-15 years. Feel bad for them as they can never seem to find a way into the Dakota Bowl no matter how good of team they have or what they do.

But their run is especially impressive when you consider the coaching carousel they've endured over the last decade. Compton is their 5th coach in the last, what, 9 years? Just speaks to the character and work ethic of their kids to have success nearly every year despite all the coaching changes. But hats off to DL-B on overcoming their mistakes and limiting Ryan's big plays. Should be a great game between them and EEK! Good luck to both teams!
theallaroundballer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:24 pm

I will take Ellendale-EK this weekend in the state championship. They are battle tested after going through one of the most difficult roads to the championship I can remember in recent history (this is my opinion anyway). The beat a good Park River team that never put it together. They beat probably the best team in the state in Larimore. They easily walked over a Langdon team with a ton of firepower on offense. I just don't see a team as well rounded (maybe Larimore before the Hofer injury) as EEK. I will take the running game of EEK to run up well over 250 yds again and hang a impressive two way victory in the state championship. EEK by a score of 35 to 20. May be even worse if they can get a little pass game rolling and the defense clicks like it has been.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby bball4 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:58 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:I will take Ellendale-EK this weekend in the state championship. They are battle tested after going through one of the most difficult roads to the championship I can remember in recent history (this is my opinion anyway). The beat a good Park River team that never put it together. They beat probably the best team in the state in Larimore. They easily walked over a Langdon team with a ton of firepower on offense. I just don't see a team as well rounded (maybe Larimore before the Hofer injury) as EEK. I will take the running game of EEK to run up well over 250 yds again and hang a impressive two way victory in the state championship. EEK by a score of 35 to 20. May be even worse if they can get a little pass game rolling and the defense clicks like it has been.

Agree...I have been picking this team since they played MNS. I have little to no knowledge about DLB...I assume they will try to stop Grueneich but they have a lot of other weapons with a line that plays a lot bigger than they are. Impressed with Wertz, goehring, Peterson....etc. well rounded group that plays together. I am picking a score similar to Langdon.
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby defensewinsgames » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:01 am

bball4 wrote:
Agree...I have been picking this team since they played MNS. I have little to no knowledge about DLB...I assume they will try to stop Grueneich but they have a lot of other weapons with a line that plays a lot bigger than they are. Impressed with Wertz, goehring, Peterson....etc. well rounded group that plays together. I am picking a score similar to Langdon.

I had thought previously after watching them in the regular season that if you stop Grueneich you win. Park River focused heavily on Grueneich and stopping that power pitch and it made no difference. They then got beat on some deep balls and up the middle. Langdon looked like they had never seen the power pitch and it is EEK's best play. I know they must have worked on it and focused on stopping it but there is the theory behind how you should be able to stop it and then making it happen and I haven't seen anyone make it happen yet. That offensive line deserves as much credit as Grueneich for the execution of that offense. Game plan means little if you can't execute and EEK runs it so well that I just don't think they can be stopped right now. Especially since in the playoffs they have begun throwing the ball very well. Like I said before, I think this game has the potential to be ugly if EEK gets clicking. They play extremely well with a lead, they are built for playoff football.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby teamwork100% » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:35 am

defensewinsgames wrote:
bball4 wrote:

I had thought previously after watching them in the regular season that if you stop Grueneich you win. Park River focused heavily on Grueneich and stopping that power pitch and it made no difference. They then got beat on some deep balls and up the middle. Langdon looked like they had never seen the power pitch and it is EEK's best play. I know they must have worked on it and focused on stopping it but there is the theory behind how you should be able to stop it and then making it happen and I haven't seen anyone make it happen yet. That offensive line deserves as much credit as Grueneich for the execution of that offense. Game plan means little if you can't execute and EEK runs it so well that I just don't think they can be stopped right now. Especially since in the playoffs they have begun throwing the ball very well. Like I said before, I think this game has the potential to be ugly if EEK gets clicking. They play extremely well with a lead, they are built for playoff football.

You've nailed it. This team works for each other. Grueneich is an amazing athlete and a very humble kid. But these boys work for each other. It's so refreshing. They are so much fun to watch. Go Get' em EEK Thunder!! You've got my vote!
teamwork100%
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bsoldiergirl » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:32 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:
bball4 wrote:

Throughout the playoffs, people on this page, not everyone :wink: , had DLB on the losing end of their playoff games. They deserve to play in Fargo after beating Velva and Ryan twice to get where they are now. DLB is a well rounded team with very tough athletic players and a lighting fast receiving core. They have a running back that has had a 230+ yard game and other games over 100+ yards. Their receivers are tall, fast and very athletic. The key to a Laker win is establishing a ground game and taking care of the ball, no turnovers. Many people, who haven't seen the Lakers play, may be surprised at what they see. The level of teamwork, cohesion, determination, love of the game and heart of every player on the team will help them snap a 23 year drought for DLB. In 1993, the Lakers won the title at the very first Dakota Bowl. I think the Lakers will come out on top with a 22-16 win. Either way, win or lose, ugly or close, I hope both teams, and their fans, show awesome sportsmanship and appreciation of the team on the other side of the ball!
GO LAKERS :!: :!: :!:
Last edited by bsoldiergirl on Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:39 pm

CLASS A SENIOR ATHLETE NOMINEES
Region 1: Jacob Hanson, Milnor-North Sargent
Region 2: Jackson Hankey, Park River-FL
Region 3: Cole Dauphinais, Bishop Ryan
Region 4: Wyatt Carr, Hazen

CLASS A REGIONAL COACHES OF THE YEAR
Region 1: Craig Lachowitzer, Northern Cass; Jon Schiele, Ellendale/Edgeley-Kulm
Region 2: Kal Triplett, Larimore; Josh Krivarchka, Langdon
Region 3: James Johnson, Des Lacs-Burlington; Larry Sandy, Velva/Sawyer
Region 4: Bret Johnsrud, Hazen; Louis Dobitz, Killdeer
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby madseason » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:21 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:CLASS A SENIOR ATHLETE NOMINEES
Region 1: Jacob Hanson, Milnor-North Sargent
Region 2: Jackson Hankey, Park River-FL
Region 3: Cole Dauphinais, Bishop Ryan
Region 4: Wyatt Carr, Hazen

CLASS A REGIONAL COACHES OF THE YEAR
Region 1: Craig Lachowitzer, Northern Cass; Jon Schiele, Ellendale/Edgeley-Kulm
Region 2: Kal Triplett, Larimore; Josh Krivarchka, Langdon
Region 3: James Johnson, Des Lacs-Burlington; Larry Sandy, Velva/Sawyer
Region 4: Bret Johnsrud, Hazen; Louis Dobitz, Killdeer
Hankey Senior athelete! Only way he doesn't win is they don't want to give it to the same team two years in a row. Shouldn't matter but it might IMO. Good luck to both EEK and Des Lacs! Looking forward to a good game. Coach should go Schiele EEK. Honorable mention Krivachka Langdon. Sandy and Dobitz we already know are great coaches. :) And Johnson and Johnsrud deserve to be at the top also. Great Job Coaches! You don't hear it enough.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Blackheart » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:16 am

Anyone know if there is a Webcast for today's games?
Blackheart
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:01 am

Blackheart wrote:Anyone know if there is a Webcast for today's games?

Live streaming on WDAY.com
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Blackheart » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:29 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Blackheart wrote:Anyone know if there is a Webcast for today's games?

Live streaming on WDAY.com

Thank you.
Blackheart
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to A