Score Updates

The teams in Class A

Re: Score Updates

Postby madseason » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:07 pm

wan2bqb wrote:34-14 EEK. That may be the nail in the coffin.
Yep! 41-14 now. I think EEK could give Larimore a good game.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby wan2bqb » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:08 pm

41-14 EEK. And yes on this day I would take Clayton Gruniech. Both offensively and defensively he has been a beast. Best player on the field without a doubt!
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball4 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:14 pm

Looks like we agree once again (as well as our picks before this game started). Of course our score predictions were off a little :D
He pressured Hankey and brought him down several times. Beast mode is right. The defense was on him the entire game and he still covered some ground. Kudos to the QB & the otherplay makers from EEK. Team effort. Congrats on a great game.
Last edited by bball4 on Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby wan2bqb » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:20 pm

That was my point all along I'll take the TEAM with more weapons. Luke Wertz, Cole Gerig, Nolan Peterson, and lane Hanson.
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Postby wan2bqb » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:21 pm

41-22 garbage time TD vs second string.
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Postby theallaroundballer » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:25 pm

Yo madseason, where you at? You plan on coming out of hiding to defend your boys from us big bad commentors?
theallaroundballer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wan2bqb » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:26 pm

48-22 guess EEK didn't like PRFL going deep on the second string and on siding the kick. Put starters back in and Brennan Vance takes the pick to the house.
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Postby wan2bqb » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:27 pm

Hey no need to get cranky. He was supporting his team. No big deal I appreciate the enthisiasm
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:27 pm

theallaroundballer wrote:Yo madseason, where you at? You plan on coming out of hiding to defend your boys from us big bad commentors?

he isn't hiding. he posted on this topic 18 minutes before you...
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby theallaroundballer » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:38 pm

madseason wrote:

On the EEK bandwagon now, huh? That didnt take long. Don't worry, though, I'm sure your boys from PR would've given Larimore a run the second time around.
theallaroundballer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby madseason » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:26 pm

theallaroundballer wrote:
madseason wrote:

On the EEK bandwagon now, huh? That didnt take long. Don't worry, though, I'm sure your boys from PR would've given Larimore a run the second time around.
No not on bandwagon they will lose to Larimore who will also win state.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby theallaroundballer » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:02 pm

madseason wrote:
madseason wrote:

I'm not denying that; Larimore's far and away the best team in A this year. Just pointing out that you were giving EEK no shot this week against Hankey & Co., who were shut down rather easily.
theallaroundballer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby alphadawg » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:10 am

madseason wrote:
madseason wrote:

I'm not denying that; Larimore's far and away the best team in A this year. Just pointing out that you were giving EEK no shot this week against Hankey & Co., who were shut down rather easily.

Your so called beast needed two officials timeouts to be helped off the field. And he coughed the ball up twice. Don't think it was as easy a game as the score indicated.
alphadawg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bball4 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:56 am

alphadawg wrote:
madseason wrote:
madseason wrote:

Your so called beast needed two officials timeouts to be helped off the field. And he coughed the ball up twice. Don't think it was as easy a game as the score indicated.

Are you seriously cutting a player down for needing help off the field? Pummeled over and over again & got right back in the game....he who listed excuse after excuse about PRFL injuries? God forbid a player get the wind knocked out of him and be human needing a couple minutes to catch his breath or cramping up. Are we really resorting to cutting a player down like that? Holy sour grapes.
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby alphadawg » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:15 am

No I'm not calling him out. In the context off the previous poster calling it an easy game I was adding some relevant facts. Gruenich played very well. Hard nosed kid.
alphadawg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bball4 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:31 am

I was at the game and watched it on BEK TV the next day.
I don't think it was an easy game for EEK. PRFL has a huge, strong line. I think EEK is just more of a balanced team.
I was standing in front of that first fumble after he broke all those tackles. PRFL did a great job of stripping that one. He was just attacked.
Like I said in a previous post, I am impressed with him on defense. He was in Hankey's face an awful lot.
If Larimore focuses as heavily on him as PRFL, I think EEK will have a better chance. They have other weapons. I thought their pass game was impressive. Again, I just like the Cinderella story. They lost 16 games in a row the first two years of the co op. Congrats to them for turning the program around.
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby alphadawg » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:57 am

yes Gruenich put some good hits on Hankey (got up every time). Both teams executed their game plan. EEK's plan was to make Hankey beat them thru the air. Not give him the easy runs. PRFL's plan was to stop Gruenich first. Other then him breaking a couple runs they did. They didn't score either time after his long runs. One was the fumble/strip and the other was a red zone turnover on downs.

It was the EEK supporting cast that stepped up. Hats off to them. Also their coaching staff definitely scouted the Langdon game as they exploited the same things with the hail mary and the halfback pass.
alphadawg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wan2bqb » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:43 am

alphadawg wrote:yes Gruenich put some good hits on Hankey (got up every time). Both teams executed their game plan. EEK's plan was to make Hankey beat them thru the air. Not give him the easy runs. PRFL's plan was to stop Gruenich first. Other then him breaking a couple runs they did. They didn't score either time after his long runs. One was the fumble/strip and the other was a red zone turnover on downs.

It was the EEK supporting cast that stepped up. Hats off to them. Also their coaching staff definitely scouted the Langdon game as they exploited the same things with the hail mary and the halfback pass.

Wow!!!!! I for one am sick of seeing this kind of crap, you say your team is better, so be it, glad you have pride. You think your kid is tougher, ok, maybe he is, but to say well my player at least got up after every tackle while...blah,blah,blah. These are high school kids, teanagers that are out there doing everything they can to win a game. A game that 98% of them will never play past the high school level. Celebrate their achievements, encourage them to succeed and understand that no matter how hard they try, and how much they want it, not every situation in life will always go their way. Celebrate the victories, learn from the defeats, and be humble for the opportunity to experience them both. You cannot succeed without failure, and you cannot fail without trying.
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Postby alphadawg » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:45 pm

I am not going to argue with you anymore.

you started it all by saying the EEK kid is better on both sides of the ball than the PRFL one.

Then you post the following:

Great points! Agree with almost everything, your points are all valid but i think i would take Gruniech because as coach i think he MAY be a more coachable player, it just my personal opinion, and it would mean i get him on my team next year, lol.

A statement about the character of a player that you apparently know nothing about. My kid has played with Hankey for a lot of years in a couple of sports and that statement is offensive.

then you crow after the game that you were right that Gruenich was the better player.

Then you give us a sermon.

Never thought I'd say this but Go Polar Bears!!!!
alphadawg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bball4 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:58 pm

alphadawg wrote:I am not going to argue with you anymore.

you started it all by saying the EEK kid is better on both sides of the ball than the PRFL one.

Great points! Agree with almost everything, your points are all valid but i think i would take Gruniech because as coach i think he MAY be a more coachable player, it just my personal opinion, and it would mean i get him on my team next year, lol.

A statement about the character of a player that you apparently know nothing about. My kid has played with Hankey for a lot of years in a couple of sports and that statement is offensive.

then you crow after the game that you were right that Gruenich was the better player.

...In his defense, I think he was just saying who he would pick. He didn't really attack the character of anyone because, really, we can't. Hankey is a great athlete & appears to have a good attitude from what I have seen. I guess if you go for Larimore because of someone's opinion on here about one player, well that's up to you.
Also-- side note or more of a question...we don't have high school baseball around me. I heard Hankey is an exceptional baseball player. Does he have plans to play at the next level?
Last edited by bball4 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby wan2bqb » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:51 pm

alphadawg wrote:I am not going to argue with you anymore.

Interesting you question me as to my attitude towards both players or any player for that matter? Here are excerpts from the posts I have had on this subject and I challenge you to find anywhere where I disparaged Mr. Hankey or any other player from any other team. See below and also read what is written not just what you want to, I bolded the key statements so you could understand, and yes I did take offense to what you wrote and think maybe a look in the mirror may be more appropriate. :

PRFL is a very good football team, Hankey and Co., ( I hate just singling him out, but he is a stud on the football field) will show up ready
EEK is a solid football team that has probably the best running back I have seen all year, And yes I did see Mr. Hankey and he is a very pure natural athlete and I would take him on my team any day but if I had to chose based on what I have seen this year I would go with Gruneich.
I don't believe Mr. Gruniech gets the credit he deserve on defense either.
Doesn't quite sound like give Mr. Hankey the ball "With a couple minutes left on the clock and the ball they called his number and it was game over even with the bad ankle." I believe they are good teams with great players.
Both are impressive and both run HARD
Take it for what it is, but I believe Gruniech has the edge in elusiveness, Hankey in straight speed, and power wise its a toss up. I know it seems to contradict my elusiveness statement but I think Gruniech might look for contact on more occasions but also has the better feet of the two. But like I said I would take either on my team no questions asked. And that team would be better for it. Two of the best in A ball and probably towards the top of the state in all classes. My opinion. EEK will key on Hankey and if they control him they win. I believe top to bottom EEK has more weapons but interior line play will be the key
i think i would take Gruniech because as coach i think he MAY be a more coachable player, it just my personal opinion KEY WORD THERE MAY
And yes on this day I would take Clayton Gruniech. Both offensively and defensively he has been a beast. Best player on the field without a doubt!
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Postby CoachB » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:32 pm

WOW !!
CoachB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby alphadawg » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:50 pm

Bball4. Only rumor I've heard is NDSU FB

Later guys
alphadawg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:36 pm

MOVE ON GUYS! or I'll be forced to take further action
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Bacon » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:56 am

You guys get a little worked up over here on the A side.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to A