New Regions for 2017

The teams in Class A

Re: New Regions for 2017

Postby bulldog_power » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:57 pm

Are there any other traditional 11man teams in 9man right now that people think may opt up. I the one that stands out to me is bishop Ryan. Does anyone know if they are going to may the jump back to 11man
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby EEDA » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:03 pm

It looks like Region 4 will be loaded next year with Trinity, Hazen, Beulah, Shiloh and now Killdeer. Should be interesting .
EEDA
NDPreps Starter

Postby lovwatchingsports » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:25 pm

EEDA wrote:There's talk on the 9-man forum that Killdeer is considering opting up to class A for the 2017-2018 seasons. What's the word out there ? Is there anything to it ?

Ryan,Larimore
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby lions700 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:06 pm

Rivershark wrote:I think Velva is just grinning from ear to ear in Region 3

Good night. I didn't notice that until you said that. You are right, though.
lions700
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cmplx6 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:46 pm

lions700 wrote:
Rivershark wrote:I think Velva is just grinning from ear to ear in Region 3

Good night. I didn't notice that until you said that. You are right, though.

It will be a little tougher now with Ryan opting up into Region 3. DLB and Lewis and Clark seem to be doing good. Kenmare has one of the best offenses in the state in 9-man. Velva might not have the cake walk they think it will be. Don't get me wrong, Velva is a great program, but I think there will be some more competition than just Velva.
cmplx6
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mailman_25 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:42 pm

I think with Ryan opting up, the 4 regions are all pretty balanced. All programs from time to time have ups and down, injuries, etc. Yes, Region 4 looks tough, but I don't expect any team to go on a 3-4 year period where they dominate the class like Velva did awhile back. With the teams dropping from Class AA, I am sure their will be a lot of smack talk, but there will also be some good football. I for one would've liked to see a Park River/Beulah match-up last year.
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:52 pm

Mailman_25 wrote:I think with Ryan opting up, the 4 regions are all pretty balanced. All programs from time to time have ups and down, injuries, etc. Yes, Region 4 looks tough, but I don't expect any team to go on a 3-4 year period where they dominate the class like Velva did awhile back. With the teams dropping from Class AA, I am sure their will be a lot of smack talk, but there will also be some good football. I for one would've liked to see a Park River/Beulah match-up last year.
Would have been a great game but PRFL would have beat Beulah last year. By Two points :D
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDPREP » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:59 am

madseason wrote:
Mailman_25 wrote:I think with Ryan opting up, the 4 regions are all pretty balanced. All programs from time to time have ups and down, injuries, etc. Yes, Region 4 looks tough, but I don't expect any team to go on a 3-4 year period where they dominate the class like Velva did awhile back. With the teams dropping from Class AA, I am sure their will be a lot of smack talk, but there will also be some good football. I for one would've liked to see a Park River/Beulah match-up last year.
Would have been a great game but PRFL would have beat Beulah last year. By Two points :D

They wouldn't have been top 4 last year, Shanley, St Mary, Wahp, Beulah all would have beat them.
NDPREP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:10 am

NDPREP wrote:
madseason wrote:

They wouldn't have been top 4 last year, Shanley, St Mary, Wahp, Beulah all would have beat them.
Now that is Funny!! You must not have seen PRFL last year. Grafton was tied with shanley at halftime. PRFL was up by like 30 over grafton at Halftime.They would have won AA last year. Or been close to winning it. Would have won the East for sure. Hazen barely lost to Beulah. They didn't make it out of the first round of the playoffs. Lost to Velva who got shut out 33-0 by Killdeer. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it. Obviously you are smoking something and drinking too much AA coolaid.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:48 pm

They should make an exception for Turtle Mountain and move them down to "A" Its hard to build a program when you are getting blown out week after week. Move a Beulah or Dickinson trinity back up to AA? I know it's not how it works but??? I'm thinking maybe one team would want to opt back up to AA?
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:03 pm

I know these last two statements I made contradict each other. AAA and AA don't have the huge disparity in talent from top to bottom like the "A" and 9man game have. Some games they should just start the mercy clock from the first kick IMO.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:31 pm

madseason wrote:I know these last two statements I made contradict each other. AAA and AA don't have the huge disparity in talent from top to bottom like the "A" and 9man game have. Some games they should just start the mercy clock from the first kick IMO.

or why even play them?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:50 pm

madseason wrote:They should make an exception for Turtle Mountain and move them down to "A" Its hard to build a program when you are getting blown out week after week. Move a Beulah or Dickinson trinity back up to AA? I know it's not how it works but??? I'm thinking maybe one team would want to opt back up to AA?

Have you checked out the distances those AA teams are going to have to travel next year? Who would want to opt up to that.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Old #9 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:16 pm

Please explain to me how you can compare teams that played at the beginning of each season to how they play at the end? Park River played Grafton at the beginning of the season and the same with Beulah vs Hazen which was not that close of a game at 22-6. You then compare how Hazen lost the first round of the playoffs? obviously Velva and Killdeer were a better team at the end of the season last year not Hazen. As for Grafton vs Shanley it was a bigger game still towards the beginning of the season, again how can you compare this to the same team that played at the end of the season. I cant say I have seen all these teams play but that does not make any sense to me.
Old #9
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:24 pm

packers21 wrote:
madseason wrote:They should make an exception for Turtle Mountain and move them down to "A" Its hard to build a program when you are getting blown out week after week. Move a Beulah or Dickinson trinity back up to AA? I know it's not how it works but??? I'm thinking maybe one team would want to opt back up to AA?

Have you checked out the distances those AA teams are going to have to travel next year? Who would want to opt up to that.

Even if a team wanted to opt up to AA, the next smallest enrollment would be moved down. In this case, Central Cass. There really is no way for TMCHS to move down.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:40 pm

I feel bad for kids who are on a team that gets blown out week after week, I really do. I don't think that a Class A basketball town should be playing in the A division of football. Their basketball team won 4 games last year (only 1 after Christmas) and was defeated by more than 20 in 9 games (including 4 40+ point losses, one of which was to a team in class B (FW/M)). It seems like they must be going through a rough cycle of athletes. I don't think that means they should be dropped to Class A football (where things probably wouldn't be any better)
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Barfly » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:44 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
packers21 wrote:

Even if a team wanted to opt up to AA, the next smallest enrollment would be moved down. In this case, Central Cass. There really is no way for TMCHS to move down.

The next smallest team isn't automatically moved down, they have the first option to move down. If they do not chose to move, the next smallest has the option. And so on and so on. This would never happen, but if nobody chooses to move down, then the team optioning to move up is denied.
Barfly
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:57 pm

Old #9 wrote:Please explain to me how you can compare teams that played at the beginning of each season to how they play at the end? Park River played Grafton at the beginning of the season and the same with Beulah vs Hazen which was not that close of a game at 22-6. You then compare how Hazen lost the first round of the playoffs? obviously Velva and Killdeer were a better team at the end of the season last year not Hazen. As for Grafton vs Shanley it was a bigger game still towards the beginning of the season, again how can you compare this to the same team that played at the end of the season. I cant say I have seen all these teams play but that does not make any sense to me.
I'm just going by like teams played. Sure Beulah improved over the year. PRFL didn't improve? I'd say they did. I'll talk about PRFL"s team last year all I want. I win every time :) I'm Just saying PRFL last year was not below the top four of "AA"" like another said.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:07 pm

Barfly wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
packers21 wrote:

The next smallest team isn't automatically moved down, they have the first option to move down. If they do not chose to move, the next smallest has the option. And so on and so on. This would never happen, but if nobody chooses to move down, then the team optioning to move up is denied.
I heard Grafton wanted to move to AAA. Would that make any difference?
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:18 pm

Larimore is going 9 man next year. I would put money on Larimore this year winning the east in AA. They are not as good as PRFL was last year. But who in AA east would beat them?? Name a team.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EEDA » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:38 pm

madseason wrote:
Barfly wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
packers21 wrote:

If you just heard that Grafton wanted to move up to AAA, then you better tell that guy on the barstool next to you that he's had enough !
EEDA
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:45 pm

Old #9 wrote:Please explain to me how you can compare teams that played at the beginning of each season to how they play at the end? Park River played Grafton at the beginning of the season and the same with Beulah vs Hazen which was not that close of a game at 22-6. You then compare how Hazen lost the first round of the playoffs? obviously Velva and Killdeer were a better team at the end of the season last year not Hazen. As for Grafton vs Shanley it was a bigger game still towards the beginning of the season, again how can you compare this to the same team that played at the end of the season. I cant say I have seen all these teams play but that does not make any sense to me.
I would say every team is going to get better. If you don't get better there is something wrong Coach etc.. ?? It's not going to change that much at the end of the year. If you beat a team by 40 at the beginning of the year you will most likely beat them by that at the end. IMO!
Last edited by madseason on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:47 pm

:lol:
EEDA wrote:
madseason wrote:
Barfly wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
packers21 wrote:

If you just heard that Grafton wanted to move up to AAA, then you better tell that guy on the barstool next to you that he's had enough !
:lol: Just waiting for that. Grafton wants to be 9 man. Everyones travel next year is crazy. Grafton cant cry about that anymore. The closest PRFL has next year is Langdon by a couple hours I think. Grafton should be moved to "A" region 2 . YEP.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby wan2bqb » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:49 pm

madseason wrote:Larimore is going 9 man next year. I would put money on Larimore this year winning the east in AA. They are not as good as PRFL was last year. But who in AA east would beat them?? Name a team.

SHANLEY, SHANLEY, SHANLEY. In a three games series. AND Kindred would most likely beat them 2 out of 3 times. Larimore is a very, very good Class A team but there is no way they run away with it against either of the top two teams in the east and HCV would be interesting if they played again. My humble opinion but who knows???
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:53 pm

wan2bqb wrote:
madseason wrote:Larimore is going 9 man next year. I would put money on Larimore this year winning the east in AA. They are not as good as PRFL was last year. But who in AA east would beat them?? Name a team.

SHANLEY, SHANLEY, SHANLEY. In a three games series. AND Kindred would most likely beat them 2 out of 3 times. Larimore is a very, very good Class A team but there is no way they run away with it against either of the top two teams in the east and HCV would be interesting if they played again. My humble opinion but who knows???
Shanley is better than last year. They might win 2 out of three. No way Kindred beats Larimore. I've seen both teams.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to A