PRFL vs. Larimore

The teams in Class A

Re: PRFL vs. Larimore

Postby madseason » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:59 pm

wan2bqb wrote:
packers21 wrote:
Rivershark wrote:Larimore played a good game against a really beaten up Park River team. Larimore deserves the #1 ranking. Don't know how far this will drop PR in the rankings. I believe the Aggies are down to their 3rd string running back. Lost their all-state lineman on the 1st series. If they can get a win against Langdon next week, heal up, and get into the play-offs, I would expect a different game against Larimore. On the flip side, how do you beat a team where half of the team is seniors.

How do you beat a team where half of the team in seniors ?

Same way you beat a team full of Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors and Senior....Play better than them. This is one of the silliest things I have heard. Every year there are senior dominated teams that don't necessarily go on to win titles. That's why you they play the games, to prove who's better. It's like saying how do you beat a team with a big offensive line, or speed, or height....age has little to do with it. Talent, hard work and dedication any day, all day.
This is silly!!! these are growing kids!! Seniors are going to be bigger and stronger. 13 seniors is going to be a good team anywhere in ND!!! Go get your big and bad Freshmen in the state. I got money on Larimores seniors LOL
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby d_fense » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:47 am

madseason wrote:
wan2bqb wrote:
packers21 wrote:
Rivershark wrote:Larimore played a good game against a really beaten up Park River team. Larimore deserves the #1 ranking. Don't know how far this will drop PR in the rankings. I believe the Aggies are down to their 3rd string running back. Lost their all-state lineman on the 1st series. If they can get a win against Langdon next week, heal up, and get into the play-offs, I would expect a different game against Larimore. On the flip side, how do you beat a team where half of the team is seniors.

Same way you beat a team full of Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors and Senior....Play better than them. This is one of the silliest things I have heard. Every year there are senior dominated teams that don't necessarily go on to win titles. That's why you they play the games, to prove who's better. It's like saying how do you beat a team with a big offensive line, or speed, or height....age has little to do with it. Talent, hard work and dedication any day, all day.
This is silly!!! these are growing kids!! Seniors are going to be bigger and stronger. 13 seniors is going to be a good team anywhere in ND!!! Go get your big and bad Freshmen in the state. I got

money on Larimores seniors LOL

Sorry , I agree with wan2bqb. It may not be the case but it sounded like packers21 was whining about about the insurmountable odds of beating a Class A team with 13 seniors. Sure kids mature with age, but the mindset of they are bigger, stronger, older, more mature, is one of someone who has lost before they have even started.

I'm not saying that was packers21's intension, but it was the impression his post gave me.

This is football we are talking about, not tug-o-war.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Rivershark » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:19 pm

RedDirtFan wrote:
hook wrote:Park River Looked soft and flat. Other than Hankey no one stood out. Larimore dominated and if they had a QB that could throw the ball they would have won by 70. Park River dearly misses the energy that kids like Flaten and Zimmerman brought to the field.

First of all, this is absurd. It's not like it was 40-0 after the first half. Second, if you don't think Larimore's QB can throw the ball pretty well, then you don't have realistic expectations of a quarterback at this level of play. He hit some spots in tight coverage on Friday that are almost guaranteed interceptions for a lot of high school quarterbacks. Give the kid some credit.

If the Aggies can grind out some wins while they get healthy, there's a good chance these two teams see each other again, and it'll be a different game. Larimore is further along right now--that much is obvious, but if PRFL can get healthy and their kids can settle in to their positions, they'll be a much better team by the end of the year.

PRFL is close to having almost all of their players back this week. If these two teams happen to meet up again, I can guarantee you that this will be a different game with possibly a different outcome. The Aggies will not be the same team that showed up earlier this season.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby packers21 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:46 pm

d_fense wrote:
madseason wrote:
wan2bqb wrote:
packers21 wrote:

This is silly!!! these are growing kids!! Seniors are going to be bigger and stronger. 13 seniors is going to be a good team anywhere in ND!!! Go get your big and bad Freshmen in the state. I got

money on Larimores seniors LOL

Sorry , I agree with wan2bqb. It may not be the case but it sounded like packers21 was whining about about the insurmountable odds of beating a Class A team with 13 seniors. Sure kids mature with age, but the mindset of they are bigger, stronger, older, more mature, is one of someone who has lost before they have even started.

I'm not saying that was packers21's intension, but it was the impression his post gave me.

This is football we are talking about, not tug-o-war.

I was asking rivershark a question, if his post about half the larimore team being seniors was for real. I don't see a scenario where PR comes close to beating Larimore if they play again.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby alphadawg » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:10 pm

PRFL was basically missing three starters the first time they played. In class A ball you don't replace 3 starters with anyone close. Big difference when you start replacing a senior running back at 185 pds with a sophmore at 140 pds. Also remember all three starters play on both sides of the ball. Can they make up 40 points. No but PRFL puts some drives together and didn't finish them. PRFL dropped a sure touchdown early and next ball was tipped and intercepted. Add back 3 players and a little momentum early and it's a dog fight. And PRFL has the biggest baddest dude. And he makes big plays.
alphadawg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wan2bqb » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:39 pm

alphadawg wrote:PRFL was basically missing three starters the first time they played. In class A ball you don't replace 3 starters with anyone close. Big difference when you start replacing a senior running back at 185 pds with a sophmore at 140 pds. Also remember all three starters play on both sides of the ball. Can they make up 40 points. No but PRFL puts some drives together and didn't finish them. PRFL dropped a sure touchdown early and next ball was tipped and intercepted. Add back 3 players and a little momentum early and it's a dog fight. And PRFL has the biggest baddest dude. And he makes big plays.

Can everyone quit making excuses. This is football not badmitton. Kids get hurt, heck some even get injured? That's why they play an 8 game schedule and then the playoffs. And yes team do replace 3 starters ALL the time. Every team gets injuries and every team has players playing hurt. It about how you fight through it and how you recover and recoup. Can you find a way to win with the injuries and people out. It sicks kids get hurt but its called a contact sport for a reason. Please no more excuses and what ifs.....
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Postby alphadawg » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:05 pm

Wasn't making excuses. Packer21 can't envision a scenario where PRFL wins a rematch. How about if PRFL gets 3 starters back and Larimore has 1 of the Hofers hurt plus Verkulen and Wagner. Then would the game be different. In class A football that's a 40 point swing easily. PRFL did a 22 point swing on Larimore a couple years ago when neither team was injured.
alphadawg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby packers21 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:11 pm

Larimore has to many seniors
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby madseason » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:35 am

alphadawg wrote:Wasn't making excuses. Packer21 can't envision a scenario where PRFL wins a rematch. How about if PRFL gets 3 starters back and Larimore has 1 of the Hofers hurt plus Verkulen and Wagner. Then would the game be different. In class A football that's a 40 point swing easily. PRFL did a 22 point swing on Larimore a couple years ago when neither team was injured.
Actually PRFL's Flaten was out of that game with shoulder injury. I do agree with you though.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby alphadawg » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:29 am

yes actually PRFL did a 22 point swing in spite of missing Flaten and Noah Zimmerman for the second game. I think we will see this rematch. PRFL will recover and secure the 3 seed and then with the south being down I think they win the first playoff game to play the #1 seed Larimore. If Larimore overlooks them because of the previous score they will get beat.
alphadawg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby madseason » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:47 am

PRFL has to win the next two games to make the playoffs. I don't think either will be easy games. If they do make it to a rematch they are going to have to tackle a lot better. Larimore had way too many yards after contact. Getting past Northern Cass would be a tough team to beat also. But I would love to see a PRFL Larimore rematch. Larimore would probably win but not by 40-0
Last edited by madseason on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:00 pm

Like others have said, Park River is no lock to make playoffs. I believe both of the next 2 games will be tough match ups; especially going to Harvey to end the season. They seem to be almost back to full strength though so I don't think they have really figured out who they are as a team because they are consistently replacing people every week. I'm not convinced that with only 2 weeks left they are going to have time to figure out who they are either.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Rivershark » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:33 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:Like others have said, Park River is no lock to make playoffs. I believe both of the next 2 games will be tough match ups; especially going to Harvey to end the season. They seem to be almost back to full strength though so I don't think they have really figured out who they are as a team because they are consistently replacing people every week. I'm not convinced that with only 2 weeks left they are going to have time to figure out who they are either.

The thought that you can make a statement saying that they are consistently replacing people every week tells me that you know absolutely nothing about this team. I don't think anyone on this site has even suggested that PR is a lock for the playoffs. Larimore has a really good team and I want to believe that the PRFL players would jump at the chance to play them again with a healthy team. I would be really surprised if Larimore could repeat the 40-0 victory again.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:27 am

Rivershark wrote:
defensewinsgames wrote:Like others have said, Park River is no lock to make playoffs. I believe both of the next 2 games will be tough match ups; especially going to Harvey to end the season. They seem to be almost back to full strength though so I don't think they have really figured out who they are as a team because they are consistently replacing people every week. I'm not convinced that with only 2 weeks left they are going to have time to figure out who they are either.

The thought that you can make a statement saying that they are consistently replacing people every week tells me that you know absolutely nothing about this team. I don't think anyone on this site has even suggested that PR is a lock for the playoffs. Larimore has a really good team and I want to believe that the PRFL players would jump at the chance to play them again with a healthy team. I would be really surprised if Larimore could repeat the 40-0 victory again.

They have been replacing people because of injuries. I was alluding to the fact that this might be a null discussion because there is no guarantee that Park River would make the playoffs. I also have said before and still believe that PR would play to a one score game if they played again. Not sure what your so mad about.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby madseason » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:42 am

I'm thinking Larimore wins state to end their 11 man football. Unless they play Killdeer in the Championship. Killdeer will not lose three years in a row. Coach Dobitz would find a way to win. IMO.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to A