Class A Boys Predictions 2016-2017

Class AA Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Class A Boys Predictions 2016-2017

Postby elfman77 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:57 pm

I know it is very early, but I would like to start getting everyones predictions for next year, I will start off with mine.

WDA:

1. Minot High
2. Century
3. Dickinson
4. Mandan
5. Bismarck High
6. Legacy
7. St Marys
8. Jamestown
9. Turtle Mountain
10. Williston

EDC:

1. Davies
2. Devils Lake
3. Shanley
4. North
5. West Fargo
6. Sheyenne
7. Red River
8. Valley City
9. South
10. Central
11. Wahpeton
elfman77
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Class A Boys Predictions 2016-2017

Postby MoSiouxFan » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:36 pm

EDC

1. Davies
2. WF Sheyenne
3. Devils Lake
4. Shanley
5. West Fargo
6. Red River
7. Valley City
8. North
9. Wahpeton
10. South
11. GF Central
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:41 pm

I think Dickinson will win the WDA tournament. There is my semi bold prediction.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby MHSFan50 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:17 pm

balla45 wrote:I think Dickinson will win the WDA tournament. There is my semi bold prediction.

I don't think that's too bold a statement. They have some nice pieces to build around. A lot will depend on how much work their underclassmen do in the off-season.
MHSFan50
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:46 pm

MHSFan50 wrote:
balla45 wrote:I think Dickinson will win the WDA tournament. There is my semi bold prediction.

I don't think that's too bold a statement. They have some nice pieces to build around. A lot will depend on how much work their underclassmen do in the off-season.

They do bring a ton back. Moody and Meidinger are studs obviously, but also bring back Jorda, Oulette, and Steffan. I think that is a nice 5. Hoenke did some nice things for them at times.

I think Minot will be right there as well. Century again solid.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby MHSFan50 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:32 am

Minot is a bit of a question mark for me. Scoring shouldn't be a problem. I took some time to just peek at Minot's season stats (no tournaments included), and their top rebounder (Lund) had one more offensive rebounds (79) than the next highest guy had defensive rebounds (78). He was a full 90 rebounds higher (ORB and DRB combined) than the next highest rebounder. Will be interesting to see who steps up to fill that void.
MHSFan50
NDPreps Reserve

Postby go maji » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:16 am

MHSFan50 wrote:Minot is a bit of a question mark for me. Scoring shouldn't be a problem. I took some time to just peek at Minot's season stats (no tournaments included), and their top rebounder (Lund) had one more offensive rebounds (79) than the next highest guy had defensive rebounds (78). He was a full 90 rebounds higher (ORB and DRB combined) than the next highest rebounder. Will be interesting to see who steps up to fill that void.

Steven Mayne will most likely be Lunds replacement. He was an absolute monster on the jv team. I actually compare him to Lund, with more range. Also, he can run the floor.

This is the line-up that they will most likely use.

pg-Chandler Albertson
sg- Kyjuan Johnson
sf-Justin Engg
pf-imo could be some good competition fighting for this spot
c-Stephen Mayne
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:47 pm

I think Minot goes Johnson, Albertson, Schimke, Engg, and Mayne.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby go maji » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:09 pm

balla45 wrote:I think Minot goes Johnson, Albertson, Schimke, Engg, and Mayne.

I could see that. But since Johnson has been playing #2 his whole career, I don't know if they'll want to move him out of that spot. But I could see the reasoning behind moving him to #1. The 5th spot is a tricky one. It could be Schimke like you said, or Lamoureux. Any number of players. :?:
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:31 pm

I think Kyjuan is better with the ball than without the ball.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby hawk41 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:20 pm

WDA:

1. Minot High
2. Dickinson
3. Century
4. Bismarck High
5. Legacy
6. Mandan
7. St Marys
8. Jamestown
9. Turtle Mountain
10. Williston

EDC:

1. Davies
2. Devils Lake
3. West Fargo
4. North
5. Sheyenne
6. Shanley
7. Red River
8. Valley City
9. South
10. Wahpeton
11. Central
hawk41
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gvmearees » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:34 pm

Klubunde or Lamoureau before Mayne
gvmearees
NDPreps Reserve

Postby go maji » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:16 pm

gvmearees wrote:

Klubunde or Lamoureau before Mayne

Mayne is better inside than Klubunde, plus range. And you want a 6 ft Lamoureau playing center? Plus Mayne got varsity minutes last year.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:22 am

I don't follow Class A basketball much, but how is a team with Moody and Meidinger not the clear and heavy favorite to win state? I would think if you have two guys that are going to play division 1 basketball in ND that team would be in consideration for one of the greatest ND teams ever. What am I missing?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby BBall Fan #1 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:03 pm

I believe both Fargo Davies and Minot are picked ahead of Dickinson. Of those two teams only one player has signed a LII with a Division II school. I am not sure who is missing what.
BBall Fan #1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:59 pm

state tourney predictions:

West: Dickinson, Minot, Century, Bismarck High.

Dickinson & Minot will be the favorites from the West. Minot will be very deep in numbers & Dickinson will contend for the title this year. This could be a title game if they finish 1-2 in the WDA.

East: Davies, Devils Lake, WF Sheyenne, WF Packers/Fargo North tossup.

Davies is the favorite, but DL & Sheyenne can make some noise at state this year. DL will be an athletic running team and Sheyenne will have some trees that can control the paint. They will be a tough matchup for a lot of teams this year. North has some good players returning, and WF always seems to have a decent team but I believe the other 3 will finish ahead this year.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Jeff Baranick » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:47 am

I also think the quartet of Class A West Region teams qualifying for state this season will consist of Dickinson, Minot, Century, and Bismarck. The Midgets have the two DI signees in Moody and Meidinger, who are both difference-makers...Moody on the offensive end and Meidinger on the defensive end. The Magi program seemingly reloads every winter and will most certainly be in the hunt for a state title again. The same goes for the Patriots and Demons--with Century having a slight edge over BHS. My gut feeling is that Minot and Century will play again for the West Region crown, with one of those teams coming away with a state championship come March. I'm not nearly as familiar with the eastern schools; but I'm not surprised to hear that Davies is probably the class of the bunch this winter!
Jeff Baranick
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d_fense » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:29 am

Flip wrote:I don't follow Class A basketball much, but how is a team with Moody and Meidinger not the clear and heavy favorite to win state? I would think if you have two guys that are going to play division 1 basketball in ND that team would be in consideration for one of the greatest ND teams ever. What am I missing?

Have you ever had a chance to watch them play? I think what you are "missing", as you put it, mainly has to do with Meidinger. Moody is really a talented player without question. Terrific shooter, ball handler, and competitor. Meidingger is going to play division 1 for one reason and only one reason. He is 7 feet tall. You just don't come across players with his size in ND very often. He has come a long way over the last 3 years. If you are only talking about skill, he wouldn't start on many class b teams if he was 6'3. But he isn't 6'3", he is 7' and he has the potential to be one of the top players to come from ND, eventually.

They may take state, but there is good competition out there. Davies, if I'm recalling correctly beat them in the tournament last year, and Davies will be much better this season.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys