Distance Events this weekend

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Distance Events this weekend

Postby Shepster » Tue May 24, 2016 7:36 am

I am really looking forward to this weekend. I follow all track stuff, but really Class A distance events. This weekend should be outstanding in that regard. With Sam Clausnitzer (BHS), Leif Everson (Williston) and Hunter Lucas (Davies), the 1600 and 3200 on the boys side should be really fast and competitive. The 800 is stacked up as well. On the girls side, Karly Ackley (GFC), Mattie Shirley-Fairbairn (BHS) and Kelby Anderson (Century) should be similar. All three are in the top 10 all time in ND Class A in the 1600, and Shirley-Fairbairn and Ackley are 1 and 2 respectively all time in the 3200. And like the boys, the 800 is pretty stacked up and should be fun to watch. These are just the front runners, the fields in all of these events are deep and very talented. Distance running is at a very high level in ND right now. I can't wait.
Shepster
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Distance Events this weekend

Postby bsoldiergirl » Sun May 29, 2016 2:04 pm

Shepster wrote:I am really looking forward to this weekend. I follow all track stuff, but really Class A distance events. This weekend should be outstanding in that regard. With Sam Clausnitzer (BHS), Leif Everson (Williston) and Hunter Lucas (Davies), the 1600 and 3200 on the boys side should be really fast and competitive. The 800 is stacked up as well. On the girls side, Karly Ackley (GFC), Mattie Shirley-Fairbairn (BHS) and Kelby Anderson (Century) should be similar. All three are in the top 10 all time in ND Class A in the 1600, and Shirley-Fairbairn and Ackley are 1 and 2 respectively all time in the 3200. And like the boys, the 800 is pretty stacked up and should be fun to watch. These are just the front runners, the fields in all of these events are deep and very talented. Distance running is at a very high level in ND right now. I can't wait.

Ryan Wheeling (New Town) Class B dominated the distance events. He won the 800, 1600, 3200 and was the anchor leg of the winning 3200m relay.

It is so fun to watch him, he seems to never tier and has a consistant pace allowing him to distance himself from other runners in the last 400 meters.
Play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter

Postby Shepster » Tue May 31, 2016 2:10 pm

They did not disappoint. Both class 3200 meter races were as good as they get. Less than a second separated Lucas and Clausnitzer in 9:09 and 9:10 in an epic battle. Then Ackley edges Shirley-Fairbairn by .08 in the fastest and second fastest girls 3200 meter times ever by ND girls. Just doesn't get much better than that.
Shepster
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue May 31, 2016 3:32 pm

Shepster wrote:They did not disappoint. Both class 3200 meter races were as good as they get. Less than a second separated Lucas and Clausnitzer in 9:09 and 9:10 in an epic battle. Then Ackley edges Shirley-Fairbairn by .08 in the fastest and second fastest girls 3200 meter times ever by ND girls. Just doesn't get much better than that.

Class B Girls was tight also with Frolek (MWL) edging Perez (OG) with both times at 10:55 & 10:56 respectively. These two times (plus Fox, SM) are the first ones under 11:00 since 2000 that don't have the last name Anderson (Krista, Lindsay & Alyssa). Boys 3200 was dominated by New Town.

I think its safe to say this was one of the deepest years for the 1600 & 3200 meters across both classes and genders.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby bsoldiergirl » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:56 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Shepster wrote:They did not disappoint. Both class 3200 meter races were as good as they get. Less than a second separated Lucas and Clausnitzer in 9:09 and 9:10 in an epic battle. Then Ackley edges Shirley-Fairbairn by .08 in the fastest and second fastest girls 3200 meter times ever by ND girls. Just doesn't get much better than that.

Class B Girls was tight also with Frolek (MWL) edging Perez (OG) with both times at 10:55 & 10:56 respectively. These two times (plus Fox, SM) are the first ones under 11:00 since 2000 that don't have the last name Anderson (Krista, Lindsay & Alyssa). Boys 3200 was dominated by New Town.

I think its safe to say this was one of the deepest years for the 1600 & 3200 meters across both classes and genders.

I totally agree Run. I usually go get a hot dog and Coke during the distance runs, not this year. I found myself glued to my seat wondering who will win!!
Play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter

Return to Track and Field