Who are the young up and coming players

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Who are the young up and coming players

Postby ndbluetwo4 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:59 am

Broncos811 wrote:
bsoldiergirl wrote:I would like to add Josh Knutson, a freshman, from DLB to that list. He is around 6'0 and has started on the varsity team the last 3-4 games(due to player injury). Before that, he was the 6th man off the bench. Since starting, he has displayed an excellent feel and natural ability for the game of basketball. He is quick, agile, versatile and able to make plays happen in difficult situations. He has been known to hit a 3 pointer once in a while. He scored 22pts and was key in the Lakers win against Stanley on Feb. 20th. I see a great future for him. :D

Another name to keep in mind for DLB is Freshman Aaron Grandy (5'8-5'9 I think). He is poised to be, I predict, one of the best point guards in Region6( or even in the state) in the next few years. He is a leader and has a very good understanding of the game. What he lacks in height he makes up for with his quickness, insight(assists per game) and his awesome 3 point shot. He plays JV & gets a significant amount of playing time for the varsity team. There are great things ahead for this young man!! :wink:

I've seen DLB's A and B team play quite a few times, and I definitely don't disagree there is a lot of young raw talent there.
The exciting thing is though, that there is young talent throughout the region, nothing will be made easy for DLB.
As for Aaron Grady, he's got big young point guard competition from Trent Marquart (Glenburn), Dylan Lund (Sawyer), Cole Bethke (TGU), and some kid from Our Redeemer's JV who is injured (Anyone know his name?). But this competition will only make the players better.

DLB could really give the region a run for their money in a few years, but so will Bishop Ryan, Rugby, Our Redeemer's, maybe even MLS. I really can't wait to see what happens in the future with these teams.

I know who your talking about from OR and he is talented too. Glenburn has Marquart....that is it. DL/B, Ryan, ORCS, and Mohall will be the top four in District 12 for the next few years to come. From what I heard in this four groups of teams, Our Redeemer's beat every other team on that list. They have good squad coming up and most of them will probably soon transition into full-time varsity. Very excited to watch that team this season.
B>a
ndbluetwo4
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndmn » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:39 pm

Would agree on Jake Hanson from MNS...played ECI this past Spring/Summer and is QB for the football team. Looks to be quicker than last year (don't know if he lost a bit of weight)....anyway, very solid and will be tough to defend.
ndmn
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wan2bqb » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:31 pm

ndmn wrote:Would agree on Jake Hanson from MNS...played ECI this past Spring/Summer and is QB for the football team. Looks to be quicker than last year (don't know if he lost a bit of weight)....anyway, very solid and will be tough to defend.

Jake didn't lose weight he put on weight and grew. Jake is a junior this year has been starting since eighth grade albeit on some pretty poor teams. The M-NS co-op is just what the Dr ordered for Jakes game. He can play the point, dish and get to rim often, if they help try to help he will have many options to distribute the ball to. Could be M-NS's year to shine although the well doesn't run dry after this year. Two of the smallest schools in the region combine to make a formidable team if they can just learn to play together. The Junior high started last year so its well on its way.
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndmn » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:45 pm

good to hear...one of my favorite players.....the growth helped him stretch out then...should be a fun year with NC, Enderlin, MNS and then the Hankinsons, OG, CC, WL could always upset on a given day....
ndmn
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:33 pm

ndmn wrote:good to hear...one of my favorite players.....the growth helped him stretch out then...should be a fun year with NC, Enderlin, MNS and then the Hankinson, OG, CC, WL could always upset on a given day....

I would add Richland to that 'upset on a given day' list. They'll be pretty good this year
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ndmn » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:57 pm

very true...talented football players who also can play in the gym.....enjoy watching them too
ndmn
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:49 pm

Some intriguing young players (freshmen and sophomores) to keep an eye on would include some of the following...

Obviously the sophomore class features Hanson (Stanley), Kludt (Hettiner/Scranton), Marquardt (Glenburn), and Sand (Dakota Prairie) who have all had a lot of success. Others I have been impressed with would include Archambault (Solen), Bickett (Carrington), Effertz (Velva), Kihle (Burke County), and Ogbu (Shiloh Christian).

In my opinion, Isaac Undlin (MLS)is far and away the best freshman in North Dakota right now. Others i have been impressed with are Bohl (Bishop Ryan), Fettig (Napoleon), Jacobs (TLMM) and Schwabe (Thompson).

Obviously there are other talented athletes in these classes, but these players had stood out to me as individuals who will likely be impact players sooner rather than later.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:51 pm

I second Ogbu from Shiloh, freakishly athletic, could be a force for them
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:33 pm

balla45 wrote:Some intriguing young players (freshmen and sophomores) to keep an eye on would include some of the following...

Obviously the sophomore class features Hanson (Stanley), Kludt (Hettiner/Scranton), Marquardt (Glenburn), and Sand (Dakota Prairie) who have all had a lot of success. Others I have been impressed with would include Archambault (Solen), Bickett (Carrington), Effertz (Velva), Kihle (Burke County), and Ogbu (Shiloh Christian).

In my opinion, Isaac Undlin (MLS)is far and away the best freshman in North Dakota right now. Others i have been impressed with are Bohl (Bishop Ryan), Fettig (Napoleon), Jacobs (TLMM) and Schwabe (Thompson).

Obviously there are other talented athletes in these classes, but these players had stood out to me as individuals who will likely be impact players sooner rather than later.

Undlin has some pretty good bloodlines! He's a name we better start getting to know!
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby scout_101 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:37 pm

Keep an eye out on a couple of freshman from fw/m. Fred Redfox and gionni Robertson. Some names to to remember.
scout_101
NDPreps Starter

Postby ChickenWing » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:35 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ndmn wrote:good to hear...one of my favorite players.....the growth helped him stretch out then...should be a fun year with NC, Enderlin, MNS and then the Hankinson, OG, CC, WL could always upset on a given day....

I would add Richland to that 'upset on a given day' list. They'll be pretty good this year

I agree. The hoopster had Richland pretty far down in the region but I think they'll surprise people. They have a strong senior class and Cooper Lingen as a junior
ChickenWing
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lusesarrow » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:06 pm

Well their some kids here on the Resveration schools that need to be look at !!!! Because far to many scourts or sports columns only pay attention to bigger community small town kids get over looked
lusesarrow
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Edger » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:24 am

lusesarrow wrote:Well their some kids here on the Resveration schools that need to be look at !!!! Because far to many scourts or sports columns only pay attention to bigger community small town kids get over looked

Drop us some names here, so we can know who in particular to watch for.
Edger
NDPreps Starter

Postby Edger » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:51 pm

Its about halfway through the season now. Any impressive young up and coming players to keep my eyes out for? Freshman, Sophmore, or other young individuals that have made a great impression on anyone?
Edger
NDPreps Starter

Postby baskets-r-us » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:11 pm

Eddie White Bear from DLB handles the ball really well seen a couple highlights of him crossing a couple defenders and them falling down haha plus he can shoot
baskets-r-us
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Edger » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:00 pm

baskets-r-us wrote:Eddie White Bear from DLB handles the ball really well seen a couple highlights of him crossing a couple defenders and them falling down haha plus he can shoot

I agree. Eddie White Bear hit my radar last year. I have had an opportunity to watch him play a couple of times this year and he has noticeably exceptional point guard skills and passing ability. Though he is not a starter due to being only a Sophomore, I'm guessing, and possibly being new to his team.
Edger
NDPreps Starter

Postby BB11 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:20 pm

Isaac Undlin is one of the best players in Region 6 right now as a freshman. He can play inside-out. He can hit the 3 with some consistency and has little trouble getting to the rim and finishing. I am not 100% sure - but looking at box scores - I am guessing he is averaging 20+ points per game on a pretty decent team.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:29 pm

Most of these guys have already been mentioned. Undlin is probably the best freshman in the state A or B.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Edger » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:25 pm

BB11 wrote:Isaac Undlin is one of the best players in Region 6 right now as a freshman. He can play inside-out. He can hit the 3 with some consistency and has little trouble getting to the rim and finishing. I am not 100% sure - but looking at box scores - I am guessing he is averaging 20+ points per game on a pretty decent team.

I haven't had the opportunity to see Isaac Undlin play, but I'm looking forward to it. Newcomers I would like to add is Jesse White 7th grader from White Shield who is putting up great varsity numbers on a super young White Shield team, and Billy Johnson. Billy Johnson is a newcomer to Parshall. He is a 6'6 Sophomore and developing very well in the post this year.
Edger
NDPreps Starter

Postby baskets-r-us » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:51 pm

Edger wrote:
BB11 wrote:Isaac Undlin is one of the best players in Region 6 right now as a freshman. He can play inside-out. He can hit the 3 with some consistency and has little trouble getting to the rim and finishing. I am not 100% sure - but looking at box scores - I am guessing he is averaging 20+ points per game on a pretty decent team.

I haven't had the opportunity to see Isaac Undlin play, but I'm looking forward to it. Newcomers I would like to add is Jesse White 7th grader from White Shield who is putting up great varsity numbers on a super young White Shield team, and Billy Johnson. Billy Johnson is a newcomer to Parshall. He is a 6'6 Sophomore and developing very well in the post this year.

I totally agree with you on billy johnson, had the opportunity to see Johnson play a couple times he finishes well around the rim only thing he needs todo is put on a little muscle and he will be a force to recon with in a year or 2. Defends pretty well around the rim
baskets-r-us
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bandito380 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:26 pm

I like the undlin kid and feel he is going to get better before the year ends even....I have seen the Johnson kid play for white shield before the transfer and lanky is going to be his figh at the next level but with a little muscle he will be tough. I think wyatt hanson , logan aadness, and kadyn hanson out in Stanley are ones to watch also....one hanson is a pure shooter and scorer while the other has been coming more aggressive and putting sown slams over oppenents...the aadness kid has been leading the breaks on a new team and ran a triple double the other night ...throw in lebeau from new town too..if stays under control he is good penetrator and capable three point shooter
bandito380
NDPreps Reserve

Postby senditin » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:13 am

Edger wrote:

You wouldn't know it by watching him play but Jesse White has a handicap. It's very inspiring to watch him play. An incredible kid for sure!
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Texlie44 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:23 am

One of my friends grandson who plays for Rolla, who I feel will make an impact within a year or two. A 6'2-6'3 freshman post, excellent defender who can grab a lot of boards and block shots, not afraid to pull up from 15 feet, great team player who passes the ball very well, and a very hard worker!! Goes by the name of Kody Schlenvogt, feel he can be a reckoning in the near future.
Last edited by Texlie44 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Texlie44
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Texlie44 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:31 am

Keaton Nelson from benson county has a great post up, for a 6'4 freshman, he has received some good varsity minutes as he is their 6th man. Also a name to watch for!!
Texlie44
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bounce_32 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:49 pm

Andre Carrier from Cavalier is a 6'1" 8th grader that will be getting some recognition next year as a freshman. He handles the ball very well and can shoot the three. He is not intimidated and is a team player. I'm excited to see watch him evolve.
Talent is never enough, it's usually the hardest workers that come out on top!
bounce_32
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys