Carrington's Football Field

The teams in Class A

Carrington's Football Field

Postby Rivershark » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:42 pm

I need some insight on what the seating accommodations are like at Carrington's Football Field. Do they let the fans stand on the track or do you have to stand behind a fence? Will they have bleachers for the fans or do we just show up 2 hours before the game and claim the stands?
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Carrington's Football Field

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:09 am

There is a track and a fence between the bleachers and field on both sides. You can stand along the fence except for in front of the bleachers on the home side.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndmn » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:06 am

when we played there it was very difficult to see....best option was standing on the top 3 rows of the bleachers on the visiting side....as stated, there is a track in between the fence and the field and they will not let you on the track for good reasons.....tough viewing for visitors though
ndmn
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Rivershark » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:16 am

I think that the visiting teams fans should just show up early and sit in the stands to make the home town fans know how sucky the accommodations are for visiting teams.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NodakQ2 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:35 am

Yeah, the Carrington set up is kind of like Larimore's, so if you are familiar with their set up...
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RedDirtFan » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:43 am

ndmn wrote:when we played there it was very difficult to see....best option was standing on the top 3 rows of the bleachers on the visiting side....as stated, there is a track in between the fence and the field and they will not let you on the track for good reasons.....tough viewing for visitors though

I completely disagree with the "for good reasons" part. If property taxes pay for the darn surface, taxpayers should have the option to stand on the surface for short periods of time on 4-6 days a year. No major damage is going to come from that. I commend Rugby for being at least one school with a newer surface that doesn't enforce something so silly.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby RedDirtFan » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:57 am

RedDirtFan wrote:
ndmn wrote:when we played there it was very difficult to see....best option was standing on the top 3 rows of the bleachers on the visiting side....as stated, there is a track in between the fence and the field and they will not let you on the track for good reasons.....tough viewing for visitors though

I completely disagree with the "for good reasons" part. If property taxes pay for the darn surface, taxpayers should have the option to stand on the surface for short periods of time on 4-6 days a year. No major damage is going to come from that. I commend Rugby for being at least one school with a newer surface that doesn't enforce something so silly.

For the record, I understand that obviously the away fans had nothing to do with the funds for the surface. I'm just stating that it's silly to not let home and away fans have the best possible view of a game. Standing 25-40 feet away is a joke.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Rivershark » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:47 pm

Is see on Google maps if you just bring in a couple flat bed trailers and park them on the street you might be able to see the game. It's really sad that they can't have something decent at least for older people that love football but would rather not stand the entire game.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby d_fense » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:02 pm

Carrington's accomendations for fans stink. Print a homemade media pass, laminate it, bring a camera, and stand on the sidelines. ;)
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby madseason » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:20 am

After hearing this I REALLY hope Larimore wins . PRFL has a great field and a good view for the fans. Well that's if PRFL wins. Pretty sure they will.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:01 am

They had a decent amount of bleachers (for a regular game) Prfl had a huge crowd there, so I'm sure some had a tough time seeing the game. Especially since the track and field are about two feet higher than outside the fence. If they would have let PRFL bring a couple flatbed trailers to set up in between the bleachers, I think everyone would have had a pretty good view.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby caserace0710 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:59 pm

I stood on the Carrington did on 5 yd line area on the east side. The only issue I had was battling with the sun. It also appeared that Park River had more fans than Carrington did. They must've shut Park River and possibly Fordville and Lankin down yesterday lol. :lol:

Overall the field had a nice playing surface for a grass field. Hard too see my phone when I was posting scoring updates on Twitter due to the sun.
http://northdakotahsfootball.altervista.org
North Dakota High School Football historical information since 1975
caserace0710
NDPreps Starter

Postby PrepFBrules » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:12 pm

EVERYONE - call the super in Carrington and let him know all fans should be able to stand on the track during games. It would do no harm to the track, and make for a better experience for everyone. Dr Duchherer 701-652-3136
PrepFBrules
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:46 pm

PrepFBrules wrote:EVERYONE - call the super in Carrington and let him know all fans should be able to stand on the track during games. It would do no harm to the track, and make for a better experience for everyone. Dr Duchherer 701-652-3136

I'm curious. How many schools let you stand on the track during a FB game?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:53 pm

Flip wrote:
PrepFBrules wrote:EVERYONE - call the super in Carrington and let him know all fans should be able to stand on the track during games. It would do no harm to the track, and make for a better experience for everyone. Dr Duchherer 701-652-3136

As a track coach, if its a good, quality track I wouldn't want anyone standing on it. An old track, that still is asphalt or in poor condition and is never used is a completely different story. I've never been to Carrington's track BUT from the view on Google Maps it looks to be a really good track. You don't want anything to happen to that track (other than the normal wear-and-tear from meets)...because those tracks are NOT cheap!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby NodakQ2 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:04 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Flip wrote:

As a track coach, if its a good, quality track I wouldn't want anyone standing on it. An old track, that still is asphalt or in poor condition and is never used is a completely different story. I've never been to Carrington's track BUT from the view on Google Maps it looks to be a really good track. You don't want anything to happen to that track (other than the normal wear-and-tear from meets)...because those tracks are NOT cheap!

Run...You are correct in your assessment. I'm not track expert, but it was completely redone with an rubbery special track compound. I understand them for wanting to protect their investment as well.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cmplx6 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:59 pm

If I was coaching I wouldn't want any fans standing directly behind my team with out any barrier. If that was my track I wouldn't want anybody on it that wasn't using it for track. With that being said, they should try and make better accommodations for the visiting fans. But if they can't, who cares it's called home field advantage.
cmplx6
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball4 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:23 pm

By far, my least favorite field to be a visitor at. Had to stand in a pickup bed in order to even see...the announcer called every first down we had "ironic" (which doesn't even make sense) & the concession stand/bathrooms are all the way across the whole field (which they often aren't real close, but it is clearly not a visitor friendly field). Not sure how they could change things up if the track is a concern but some decent stands would be a start.
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:25 pm

I dislike watching games where they allow vehicles to be parked next to the field on the sidelines. If the ball is on one side of the field I like to walk over to that side and watch. Vehicles next to field make walking and following the ball difficult to impossible.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby 5-time state chump » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:57 pm

LOL. Listen to this turd. "Everyone should be able to...." LOL.

Ever think that isn't the way it works? I know its 2016, but you growing up thinking everyone is entitled, lol...uhh...sorry isn't quite the way it works in the real world.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A