Top Players from each region

The teams in Class A

Top Players from each region

Postby CountryDelight » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:13 pm

Who would you say are the top players from each Region?
CountryDelight
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Top Players from each region

Postby madseason » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:42 pm

I think you could pretty much put the PRFL senior class and a few juniors as some of the top players in the state. Cudmore, Hunter, Flaten, Rehovsky, Dobmeier, Zimmerman, Lindgren, Nord, and add Juniors Hankey, Johnson, Clemetson.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RattlerWebWonk » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:40 pm

madseason wrote:I think you could pretty much put the PRFL senior class and a few juniors as some of the top players in the state. Cudmore, Hunter, Flaten, Rehovsky, Dobmeier, Zimmerman, Lindgren, Nord, and add Juniors Hankey, Johnson, Clemetson.

***barf***
Save your boy crushes for your ND Sports Confessions tweets.
RattlerWebWonk
NDPreps Starter

Postby RedDirtFan » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:51 pm

RattlerWebWonk wrote:
madseason wrote:I think you could pretty much put the PRFL senior class and a few juniors as some of the top players in the state. Cudmore, Hunter, Flaten, Rehovsky, Dobmeier, Zimmerman, Lindgren, Nord, and add Juniors Hankey, Johnson, Clemetson.

***barf***
Save your boy crushes for your ND Sports Confessions tweets.

9 times out of 10 your reply would be accurate but those kids are all very good players.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby RattlerWebWonk » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:16 pm

Dustin Weeks from WNG has committed to to play for D-1 Wyoming. Recruiters must be looking at his size...6'8" and 280. I'm looking forward to seeing the matchup between Weeks and DL-B's Austin Moen (6'5" 265) and Jayden Gunville (all-state last year) on September 18th. After that game we should know if Weeks is truly a D-1 kid.
RattlerWebWonk
NDPreps Starter

Postby CountryDelight » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:17 pm

Austin Moen is a big kid but 6'5 may be pushing it 6'3 max
CountryDelight
NDPreps Reserve

Postby CountryDelight » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:26 pm

Cudmore, Hankey , Hunter ,and Rehovsky, don't know much about any others.
CountryDelight
NDPreps Reserve

Postby madseason » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:11 am

CountryDelight wrote:

Cudmore, Hankey , Hunter ,and Rehovsky, don't know much about any others.

Rehovsky,Dobmeier, Lindgren, Nord, Johnson and Clemetson are lineman and imo don't get enough credit. All you hear about usually is the scorers. Flaten was all region LB last year. And Zimmerman at 140lbs if that, hits harder than most 200l pounders(big hit on Dobitz in championship game to force fumble to Hankey for TD)
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RedDirtFan » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:28 am

madseason wrote:Rehovsky,Dobmeier, Lindgren, Nord, Johnson and Clemetson are lineman and imo don't get enough credit. All you hear about usually is the scorers. Flaten was all region LB last year. And Zimmerman at 140lbs if that, hits harder than most 200l pounders(big hit on Dobitz in championship game to force fumble to Hankey for TD)

It's a lot of fun to watch Flaten, Dobmeier, and Hankey fly around at the linebacker spots.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby RattlerWebWonk » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:09 am

Maybe it's because his team will be lucky to win 4 games this year, but I can't believe that no one is talking about Michael Kelly from Oakes. With his combination of size, strength, speed and work ethic, he could be the best DI prospect coming out of this year's senior class!
RattlerWebWonk
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:31 am

RattlerWebWonk wrote:Maybe it's because his team will be lucky to win 4 games this year, but I can't believe that no one is talking about Michael Kelly from Oakes. With his combination of size, strength, speed and work ethic, he could be the best DI prospect coming out of this year's senior class!

Kelly is a great player. But I'm so sick of you have to be 270 and 6'7 to play D1 ball. If you are 6'7 270 and can run like the wind. YEP!! Take a look at Hankey, Flaten and Dobmeier from PRFL. Flaten is the smallest of the bunch but faster IMO. Hankey is a Junior and IMO will play D1 somewhere. and Dobmeier doesn't get enough credit. When you have a team of stars people get overlooked. If you were at the PRFL Larimore game you would probably say Flaten dominated at defense and special teams. But every week it changes. and from what I hear is no one wants PRAISES! they are a team and they win as ONE!
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:42 am

And Zimmerman took out the QB with a nice ankle tackle. Larimore coach didn't like it , But I think that is football? Tackle em low?
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RedDirtFan » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:13 am

You're both right.

Michael Kelly is a great player. The Hofer kids are a lot like that, imo, but he's probably got more speed than you usually see at that size. A unique talent.

Flaten, Dobmeier, and Hankey are definitely great linebackers. I don't see much separation between them, if any. They all do different things.

Will Zimmerman is a definite playmaker. I was happy to see him find the endzone last night on that second PRFL touchdown.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby HammerTime » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:14 pm

From what I've seen, Rugby's Anders Johnson is actually a pretty good QB. Pretty accurate and a little mobile. I think he could really shine if he was behind a better O-line.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hook » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:12 pm

madseason wrote:And Zimmerman took out the QB with a nice ankle tackle. Larimore coach didn't like it , But I think that is football? Tackle em low?

didn't like the low tackle... he is 5'6 130lbs.. pound for pound the tuffest player I have seen this season! The kid sacrifices his body on every play.
hook
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:41 pm

hook wrote:
madseason wrote:And Zimmerman took out the QB with a nice ankle tackle. Larimore coach didn't like it , But I think that is football? Tackle em low?

didn't like the low tackle... he is 5'6 130lbs.. pound for pound the tuffest player I have seen this season! The kid sacrifices his body on every play.

I Agree! I hope he makes it through the year?
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ChickenWing » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:06 am

Region one:
Oakes
Michael Kelley
Chris Schmidt
Brody Barthalomew
Norther Cass
Springer
Bomert
MNS
Hanson
Goolsbey
Carrington
Ferguson
Carr
Their Line
Oak Grove
Slaggle
EEK
Entsy
#3 RB can't remember the name
ChickenWing
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NodakQ2 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:08 am

ChickenWing wrote:Region one:
Oakes
Michael Kelley
Chris Schmidt
Brody Barthalomew
Norther Cass
Springer
Bomert
MNS
Hanson
Goolsbey
Carrington
Ferguson
Carr
Their Line
Oak Grove
Slaggle
EEK
Entsy

Chickenwing...You left out possibly Carringtons best player...All State Safety and Quarterback - Wendell.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:33 pm

I think you need to add Zetocha for Oakes. Schmidt didnt show up at all in our game on Friday. Perhaps he was hurt? For EEK, #3 is Clayton Grueniech, best overall player and only a sophomore. Next is Taylin Walks, DL, who is a tackling machine and unblock-able at times. Entzi, Tanner Zahn who had a very good year at CB and Brennan Vance are all about the same.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby YMCMB » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:56 pm

Id even add Matt kuipers to the list of Oakes players. He was having a pretty decent season until an ankle injury kinda took him off the map with bartholomew playing so well. Think he finally got it going again In the EEK game where he busted a few big runs.
YMCMB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:47 pm

NodakQ2 wrote:
Oakes
Michael Kelley
Chris Schmidt
Brody Barthalomew
Norther Cass
Springer
Bomert
MNS
Hanson
Goolsbey
Carrington
Ferguson
Carr
Their Line
Oak Grove
Slaggle
EEK
Entsy

Chickenwing...You left out possibly Carringtons best player...All State Safety and Quarterback - Wendell.

I'd also include OG's Ben Hoggarth to the list of athletes...kid is a beast on the field and only a sophomore.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby madseason » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:55 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
NodakQ2 wrote:
Oakes
Michael Kelley
Chris Schmidt
Brody Barthalomew
Norther Cass
Springer
Bomert
MNS
Hanson
Goolsbey
Carrington
Ferguson
Carr
Their Line
Oak Grove
Slaggle
EEK
Entsy

I'd also include OG's Ben Hoggarth to the list of athletes...kid is a beast on the field and only a sophomore.
Region 2? I'll say Hankey, Flaten, Dobmier, Hunter, Rehovesky, and Cudmore. for PRFL I'd say more but if I only get 6 i'll take these guys

madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RedDirtFan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:44 pm

6 max for what?
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Fballfan29 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:26 am

anything from the west?
Fballfan29
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndmn » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:29 am

Oak Grove Jr running back is spelled Slagle and would agree on Ben Hoggarth....really an aggressive football player and will only get better over his next 2 years.
ndmn
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to A