NDHSAA STEPPED IN IT

The Buzz on Class B.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

NDHSAA STEPPED IN IT

Postby luvmyb » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:42 pm

I am wondering who else feels that the NDHSAA has stepped in it with the decision to lower the cutoff for class A - B? With all of the discussion on this site about Valley City & all I think that more focus should be on the ineptitude and poor leadership at the NDHSAA. I would encourage Syling to resign and join Carlsrud in retirement. Maybe a few others should join them in discrace.
luvmyb
NDPreps Reserve

Re: NDHSAA STEPPED IN IT

Postby Zelda » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:43 pm

To begin with, NDHSAA didn't follow the constitution and changed the number without following the governmental processes, they made the decision after VC and parents went to the local office and cried and complained about how tough it was for them to compete in A. They made the change to up the cut-off number, and the schools all found out about it later. At this point, that is when the schools began to challenge their doing it as they did it without any say from the schools, as once again, the NDHSAA didn't follow the process.

They gave the VC school over a year to come up with some form of a plan for 3 divisions that would be acceptable, but since there wasn't a challenge, it appears that VC wasn't doing anything to help themselves out for an acceptable plan.

At this point, the B schools began their challenge again, as they felt the year's time was enough for them to do something to get the ball rolling. It was lead by a couple of administrators with the support of majority of B schools to be sure that the process was followed correctly and the schools all have a say in the decision.

One thing about all of this that they were concerned about was not just basketball and volleyball. Their concerns also were for music (arts) competitions, golf, wrestling, track, etc. those activities that numbers can mean so much more for taking places (not always, but for the most part, play a big factor). It isn't only about BB and VB which is what the A school would like to make one think. There is so much more to this than just that, but when you listen to irrational radio commentators who don't bother to connect with the people who KNOW the facts, because they don't want anyone to hear them either, and instead just spew their hatred towards now all of the B schools who voted to follow the process as the bi-laws dictate, it is typical that most don't even come close to knowing the whole picture that these class B schools were fighting to protect. In the hour that I listened to that pig talk fat, I learned that I needed to turn the radio off and talk to the admin. at my school and to those he is accusing of being self serving and find out the real story. I am glad I did, and would encourage everyone to do the same. Our B schools are not opposed to VC, just in the way it was handled. It is understood that something needs to be done, but a suitable plan needs to be set forth and agreed on by the schools, not just one school to benefit themselves. Quick fixes are never the answer.

For us (small B schools), it is about our kids, where many times in jr. high our teams are made up of every boy or girl in those grades making up the team, not because they made the team, but because we need them to have a team. We want this to continue and when we play against other schools in the same situation, we continue our rivalries and friendships amongst ourselves. We don't have the A bad attitude fans who don't care about the individuals on the other team because they don't know them, nor want to know them. We usually know most families and kids within our area schools and it is a great get together of competition and getting to see our friends from the neighboring schools on these evenings. We are in this together, something the larger schools know nothing about. When VC has come to our schools, we have not gotten the same appreciation, instead they ridicule our facilities, have rude fans, and just don't get it. They don't and won't ever fit into a small school setting until their numbers are down to where they need to be (as defined by 325). Maybe then, they will go through the similar things we have, and will be more compassionate. We small schools realize that we NEED each other, VC doesn't feel like they need us, and it has shown.

Getting back to NDHSAA, they realized that they made a mistake and had to allow the ammendment process to occur. They did what was needed to make their wrong a right, and allow the state schools to make the decision. That was made with a 70 - 34 vote.

It wasn't just the two admin. votes that RC (Steve34 and Heimer - yes, one and the same) is trying to spew in his illogical actions. These same two admin. have been working side by side with VC admin. and others in the state to come up with a system that would be best suitable for all of our schools in ND. They are continuing with meetings to this date to find a suitable solution that the majority feels is workable and will continue to move on "positively". This trashing that 101.1 VC radio is doing is terrible for our state. His voice needs to be shut down, as he doesn't talk the facts, nor talks to those who have the facts, he just REACTS and spews his hatred for this state. I hope that our local sponsors will do what is necessary to send the message. It is unfortunate that our kids have to hear this irrational talk and we hope that they don't think that is the proper way for adults to be acting. He has definitely set an extremely poor example for our youth. We don't question his education, we feel bad for those who had to suffer through those classes with him present.
Zelda
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bisonguy06 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:48 pm

If Steve34 is a person who is in any kind of a position of influence, I think he would be in a lot of hot water if his employer saw all of the comments that he has made over the last two years. He has been totally unprofessional at times.
Bisonguy06
NDPreps All-State

Postby avidsportster » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:07 pm

One would think, if not, that business will essentially pay the ultimate price. If losing listeners, sponsors, and business to its city is the message that needs to be sent, then that may be the price paid.
avidsportster
NDPreps Reserve

Postby utilityman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:43 pm

I haven't posted on here for awhile, I'm from VC and I myself am sick of reading all the same crap on every thread. The votes done, were back in A and we have to deal with it. But, my question to you is: How do you know that this Steve guy is indeed Ryan Cunningham? I mean to call him out and basically tell people to quit listening to KOVC/ 101.1 and to have the VC businesses suffer one would think you would have 100% solid evidence that this is RC. I haven't seen that, and in fact if it is, even if I myself disagree with Mr. RC on certain things I think your being a little too drama over the whole thing. Just let it go and ignore him if you don't like what he's saying, maybe you could call his employer and voice your opinion if you have to.

I'll be waiting to read your evidence that Steve34 is indeed Ryan Cunningham.
utilityman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Zelda » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:33 pm

Yep, tired of it too, but all of this was started with Steve34 impersonating the Supt. from LaMoure. You may be tired of it, and you guessed it, so are many of us. But, now that the heat is going in the other direction, I am sure that it isn't as fun to read this stuff. For some time, several contacts have figured out who Steve34 is from listening to his radio show and reading what has been written on here by him. And, to put an end to all of his hype, he had to be called out, so that it would stop. This forum wasn't meant for that kind of radical conduct and people just being told it is clear that they are _____(whatever he dreamt up in his tantrum), and all of the other misinformation that he was putting out there. If attempting to destroy another town and its members is okay, then I guess we shouldn't have attempted to put an end to that misery. Indeed it was him, read the posts throughout, another member posted an article that nails it. You may be thinking it is a little too much drama, funny you have not previously been calling him out for all of the drama, have you read his posts the last couple of years, he has no issue telling people who they are wrong. My gosh, my responses are only in telling what actually occurred and not taking his crap towards our town. You may be right about the radio station and putting it down isn't right, but that is a fact that it is happening. Other towns have said that they would pull their ads, etc., and some may or maybe have. It isn't fair to those who work with him, and that I regret. I do appreciate Mark Mackenzie's broadcasting. The saying, "What's good for the goose is good for the gander" fits my thoughts on why he needed to get his treatment back. This meaning, he needed to be treated the same way and be subjected to the low level standards he was dealing. My other proof - ha ha, mmmmm been reading anything from him lately? So, just as you felt you needed to say to let it go, check the posts, no one has continued on with this since we have gotten him to quit! Prayer is strong.
Zelda
NDPreps Reserve

Postby utilityman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:54 pm

I don't have a problem with the "Steve34" is off the edge/radical thoughts etc....I just don't want people to look at VC the wrong way, I don't want ONE person to make good people view VC as whiny town caught in the middle of A & B. Were not whiners, we have played A ball forever and thats just the way it's going to be for awhile. We have won at the A level before ( just not much recently) I played on teams that kicked butt on the Fargo Schools, we were the Davids beating the Goliaths back then, we relished the chance to go to West Fargo and beat them on their home court. Times have changed though and there's no Jeff Boschee's coming up, the 7th graders have some good BB players, that may be the next chance at winning more than losing at the A level.

Now to my point, I just didn't want a "negative" effect on the town itself commercially, when you people come to town we want to welcome you, we want you to buy gas, eat at our restaurants etcc... just like I do when I go to LaMoure, I will fill gas at Good's and if were there for a tourney we will stop downtown and spend our money at your locally owned restaurant. And even if this Steve34 is RC!?, don't view us all the same way. I take it your from LaMoure?, you have good coaches, your a close knit community that works with kids when there 5 years old, VC has parks and rec coach kids till there 14 in baseball and 7th grade in basketball, thats where we have to change things to get competitive in A ball. heck kids are playing in the sand til there 12 yrs old in baseball and the basketball is a joke. Football were usually pretty good due to a "thunder" program that starts them at 5th grade and we play schools more our size.
utilityman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Zelda » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:25 pm

Utility man, you are so right about not taking some guys acts out on the people of VC. LaMoure has no intentions of that. LaMoure looks forward to a good challenge, plans to come up there trying for a victory (although it may or may not turn out that way) and we are hoping they play respectable and give a game that makes it worth everyone's money to see. Our fear was with the trash talk on the radio and with the stuff that was being said here about running up the score on LaMoure was that the kids would get involved in it and something unfortunate could happen. That we do not want happening and wanted all of this bad hype to quit, the wild talk on the radio had our town rip roaring mad and I guess they feel that it is the radio station's responsibility to squelch it. You are right that his behavior can definitely have a negative impact on your businesses. I am not saying that that may not happen, I guess that depends on how the people feel this matter has been taken care of by the station. As a matter of fact, I have talked with several people from VC in the last few days, and not one said that they care much for what RC says, and we understand that he does not represent VC.

You say it too well about the youth programs that are needed to make strong teams for the future. I am glad that you guys have a bright spot with your junior high program. As they say, "A little success breeds success".
Zelda
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bisonguy06 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:00 am

utilityman wrote:I haven't posted on here for awhile, I'm from VC and I myself am sick of reading all the same crap on every thread. The votes done, were back in A and we have to deal with it. But, my question to you is: How do you know that this Steve guy is indeed Ryan Cunningham? I mean to call him out and basically tell people to quit listening to KOVC/ 101.1 and to have the VC businesses suffer one would think you would have 100% solid evidence that this is RC. I haven't seen that, and in fact if it is, even if I myself disagree with Mr. RC on certain things I think your being a little too drama over the whole thing. Just let it go and ignore him if you don't like what he's saying, maybe you could call his employer and voice your opinion if you have to.

I'll be waiting to read your evidence that Steve34 is indeed Ryan Cunningham.

"Heimer" revealed his identity as Ryan Cunningham.
"Heimer" joined on January 20th, a week before the vote to move the line back to 325.
"Heimer" was created as a new identity right around the time that Steve34 was losing credibility, losing his mind, and getting himself kicked out.
"Heimer" supports the same positions on ND high school athletics as Steve34. He came forward and proposed the same 32 team AA/A + class B basketball plan that Steve34 supported on preps and Cunningham has discussed on the radio.
"Heimer" posed as a more civil "Steve34," but when people started pressing his buttons, he fired back with personal attacks in exactly the same manner that Steve34 would have.

And the most direct evidence that heimer = steve34 = ryan cunningham is the following:
"Steve34" ignited a firestorm in AA football by citing an article written by Ryan Cunningham on NewsDakota.com, calling it "interesting reading."

Realignment talk: Here we go
by steve34 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:47 pm

Interesting reading:

New Football Plan Reunites Jamestown, Valley City
By Ryan Cunningham NewsDakota.com

October 20

Valley City--A new football realignment idea being circulated by Devils Lake High School would reunite Valley City and Jamestown in the same class and region.

It would also make an already improved AA football class even tougher.

The plan calls for the number of teams in the AAA class to be reduced again to 10 teams. This year, the class was chopped from 16 to 12, forcing four schools down to the AA class.

With Fargo Davies moving into the AAA division, three current teams at that level would move down. Those three would be Jamestown, Dickinson, and Williston. The Blue Jays would be placed in Region I (eastern division), where the Hi-Liners have called home since the sport when to four classes.

Devils Lake would remain in Region II (western division) of AA football, which is the goal of the plan. Under the current plan, when Davies High School is added to AAA, one team will have to move up from AA to make a 14 team class. Devils Lake would likely be that team.

The eastern division would be comprised of Valley City, Jamestown, Grafton, Central Cass, Wahpeton, Fargo Shanley, Fargo Oak Grove, and Carrington. The west would have Devils Lake, Dickinson, Williston, Belcourt, Bottineau, Minot Ryan, Williston, and Beulah.

Lisbon, Kindred, and Dickinson Trinity would move to the A level. Harvey, Velva, and Stanley would move to 9-man, a move that Harvey could have made with the current plan. Head coach Brad Sandy has said Harvey would likely choose to play at the A level for the forseeable future.

Realignment is just beginning it's process, with those involved organizing their materials, according to Devils Lake High School officials. The plans would not take effect until 2011-12.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The article presents a very biased, favorable view of this proposal from Devils Lake High School, which might explain why Steve34 liked the article and the plan so much.

Interesting reading, indeed.
Bisonguy06
NDPreps All-State

Postby Zelda » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:05 pm

Another, RC won State Speech award in high school, which explains his ability to write such dripping with sarcasm responses and posts.
Zelda
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cast3 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:07 pm

There is truely no need for the NDHAA. The school districts and regions could run there own tournaments.
Get rid of the worthless NDHSAA!
cast3
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:19 pm

cast3 wrote:There is truely no need for the NDHAA. The school districts and regions could run there own tournaments.
Get rid of the worthless NDHSAA!

The NDHSAA does a lot more than just run tournaments. Get a clue.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 5-time state chump » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:23 pm

After reading all the hub-bub on this board about VC...it seems to me that ND should get all the schools Valley City's size and put in one division.

So you'd have:

Class A
Valley City
Class B

There, now was that so tough?
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby neilhwenberg » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:00 pm

These all seem like logical reasons for Class "C" in basketball coming back onto existence and dropping of 9 man football and making either 11 man football or 6 man football the two modes of football classes for ND High Schools.
neilhwenberg
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sarwanov » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:52 am

I personally have no problem with 'Steve34'
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.
sarwanov
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Bigbrew22 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:13 pm

neilhwenberg wrote:These all seem like logical reasons for Class "C" in basketball coming back onto existence and dropping of 9 man football and making either 11 man football or 6 man football the two modes of football classes for ND High Schools.

Don't mess with 9man football its a fine tradition and needs no change I personally never want to see six players trying to play a game of football. Maybe in a gym call it arena fb. No sorry not interested!
Bigbrew22
NDPreps Starter

Return to Basketball - Class B