SEATING AT ND HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAMES

North Dakota High School Football
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

SEATING AT ND HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAMES

Postby kljamer » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:56 pm

I witnessed something at last weeks game between WF Sheyenne and WF Packers that I was not happy with. I am a long time resident of West Fargo and I have never been to a game where I was told I had to sit in a particular section (we had 1/3 of the seating from the 30 yard line to the goal line). It made me want to sit right on the 50 yard line just to make a point and watch the game (but I didn't). It shouldn't matter where you sit and watch a game to cheer on your favorite team whether it's high school, college, or Pro Football. My point is at West Fargo High we don't tell fans where they have to sit, they are welcomed to sit where ever they like. Sure we have bleachers on the east side for the visiting team to sit behind there bench but if they choose to sit on the west side we don't go up to them and tell them they are sitting in the wrong section. LET FANS SIT WHERE THEY WANT TO SIT!
kljamer
NDPreps Reserve

Re: SEATING AT ND HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAMES

Postby madseason » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:22 pm

I agree! Sit where u want! If you want to sit with the fans from the other team like an idiot so be it.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:31 pm

madseason wrote:I agree! Sit where u want! If you want to sit with the fans from the other team like an idiot so be it.

Sorry that makes it sound like I'm calling you an idiot and I'm not. First come first serve. If you get the fifty that should be your spot. :)
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kljamer » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:17 am

My point about this whole thing is people that watch football and it doesn't matter High School, College, or Pro, nobody says where you have to sit or stand. I will not be told where I or my family has to stand or sit to watch a football game when I pay the same admission as everyone else. If you go to a majority of high school games and college or pro chances are you will have fans from both teams by you. It's called sportsmanship, having fun and respect for one another.
kljamer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RedDirtFan » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:15 am

kljamer wrote:I witnessed something at last weeks game between WF Sheyenne and WF Packers that I was not happy with. I am a long time resident of West Fargo and I have never been to a game where I was told I had to sit in a particular section (we had 1/3 of the seating from the 30 yard line to the goal line). It made me want to sit right on the 50 yard line just to make a point and watch the game (but I didn't). It shouldn't matter where you sit and watch a game to cheer on your favorite team whether it's high school, college, or Pro Football. My point is at West Fargo High we don't tell fans where they have to sit, they are welcomed to sit where ever they like. Sure we have bleachers on the east side for the visiting team to sit behind there bench but if they choose to sit on the west side we don't go up to them and tell them they are sitting in the wrong section. LET FANS SIT WHERE THEY WANT TO SIT!

You are flat out overreacting. That 2500 person stadium was trying to pack in far more people than it's capacity. I'm sure they just asked you to sit in a specific place because they had sections set aside to make sure fans from both schools had seating. I doubt this is an every week thing.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am

The school district worked very hard to get all those people into that stadium. It is not something that will be seen at all games but this was a special circumstance that called for some creative thinking. I was shocked that they let the students down onto the track. Be happy that you got a seat.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby madseason » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:51 pm

Baller wrote:The school district worked very hard to get all those people into that stadium. It is not something that will be seen at all games but this was a special circumstance that called for some creative thinking. I was shocked that they let the students down onto the track. Be happy that you got a seat.

SAD!!
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kljamer » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:21 pm

The school district worked very hard to get all those people into that stadium. It is not something that will be seen at all games but this was a special circumstance that called for some creative thinking. I was shocked that they let the students down onto the track. Be happy that you got a seat.

Creatiive thinking would have divided the stands in half if that is what you were trying to do 50/50 not 25/75 there were alot of people from both sides that support their teams. Did you see the West Fargo Packers try and divide where fans should sit last year and make Mustang parents sit on the east side? NO they didn't. All I am saying is that I am a West Fargo tax payer and my taxes support both schools and from now on I will sit where ever I want espeacially when I show up an hourf and a half before kick off.

No intentions of trying to make anyone upset just stating the facts!
kljamer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:37 pm

kljamer wrote:The school district worked very hard to get all those people into that stadium. It is not something that will be seen at all games but this was a special circumstance that called for some creative thinking. I was shocked that they let the students down onto the track. Be happy that you got a seat.

Creatiive thinking would have divided the stands in half if that is what you were trying to do 50/50 not 25/75 there were alot of people from both sides that support their teams. Did you see the West Fargo Packers try and divide where fans should sit last year and make Mustang parents sit on the east side? NO they didn't. All I am saying is that I am a West Fargo tax payer and my taxes support both schools and from now on I will sit where ever I want espeacially when I show up an hourf and a half before kick off.

No intentions of trying to make anyone upset just stating the facts!

Why should it be 50/50 when it's their home game?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby kljamer » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:08 am

You people are getting this whole posting going in the wrong way. I am just stating that no matter where you go be it high school., college, or pros you always have the chance to be seated next to someone who will be cheering for the opposing team and if I get to a game where it is general admission and I am there first I should be able to sit where I want to sit.
kljamer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mandan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:08 pm

Do the West Fargo schools have temporary bleachers they could bring in? In Mandan, when they play Bismarck High, and expect a lot of people, they bring in quite a few temporary bleachers for the Bismarck fans to sit on over on the side behind their team to make sure there is enough room for everyone.

When I go to a visiting stadium, the first thing I do is find the fans from my team so I feel more comfortable enjoying myself during the game. Maybe this is a personality difference (I'm introverted rather than extroverted), but I would want to sit where most of my team's fans are sitting.
Mandan
NDPreps Starter

Return to Football