2015 East High School Baseball Preview

2015 East High School Baseball Preview

Postby Baseballfinatic15 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:25 pm

These are my predictions for the upcoming season as of the players that are expected to play:
West fargo, central, north fargo, south fargo, davies, wahpeton, valley city, shanley
1. West Fargo
2. Red River
3. Central
4. North Fargo
5. Davies
6. Shanley
7. South Fargo
8. Wahpeton
9. Valley City

I believe that West Fargo has got the talent to take first we just have to see if they don't get too big in the head.
Red River has a strong senior class and last year took 1st in the EDC tournament.
Central has a lot of young kids coming back from last year. Look for the kid they call "jesus"
North Fargo lost their Gatorade Player of the Year, however, they still have Carter Thompson in the line up along with Nathan Hegstad as a pitcher.
Davies will be interesting to watch. After last year and dealing with suspensions and stuff like that, it's hard to say how it will pan out. The Hartness brothers are back and I think one is suspended for a bit. They still have Collin Birch for the mound though.
Shanley is gonna have a rough year but I think they can make it to EDC. They really only have some decent pitching other than Swanson. Offensively and defensively it will be a learning year for these young kids.
Wahpeton is a town that I really don't know a lot about. Other than their catcher I wasn't impressed with a whole lot from last season but they could come out from no where.
Valley City hasn't had a good season in a long time. I can't predict they'll do much better this year unless the Feeney rumor is true.
Baseballfinatic15
NDPreps Rookie

Re: 2015 East High School Baseball Preview

Postby MoSiouxFan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:31 pm

Baseballfinatic15 wrote:These are my predictions for the upcoming season as of the players that are expected to play:
West fargo, central, north fargo, south fargo, davies, wahpeton, valley city, shanley
1. West Fargo
2. Red River
3. Central
4. North Fargo
5. Davies
6. Shanley
7. South Fargo
8. Wahpeton
9. Valley City

I believe that West Fargo has got the talent to take first we just have to see if they don't get too big in the head.
Red River has a strong senior class and last year took 1st in the EDC tournament.
Central has a lot of young kids coming back from last year. Look for the kid they call "jesus"
North Fargo lost their Gatorade Player of the Year, however, they still have Carter Thompson in the line up along with Nathan Hegstad as a pitcher.
Davies will be interesting to watch. After last year and dealing with suspensions and stuff like that, it's hard to say how it will pan out. The Hartness brothers are back and I think one is suspended for a bit. They still have Collin Birch for the mound though.
Shanley is gonna have a rough year but I think they can make it to EDC. They really only have some decent pitching other than Swanson. Offensively and defensively it will be a learning year for these young kids.
Wahpeton is a town that I really don't know a lot about. Other than their catcher I wasn't impressed with a whole lot from last season but they could come out from no where.
Valley City hasn't had a good season in a long time. I can't predict they'll do much better this year unless the Feeney rumor is true.

Are West Fargo Sheyenne and Devils Lake no longer in the EDC?
MoSiouxFan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baseballfinatic15 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:32 pm

My bad, I don't know if Sheyenne is going to have a Varsity team this year but I did forget about Devils Lake. I believe they will still have a team.
Baseballfinatic15
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Tfly90 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:43 am

Sheyenne does not have a varsity program this year, they only have a jv a freshman team.
Tfly90
NDPreps Rookie

Postby go maji » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:13 pm

Baseballfinatic15 wrote:These are my predictions for the upcoming season as of the players that are expected to play:
1. West Fargo
2. Red River
3. Central
4. North Fargo
5. Davies
6. Shanley
7. South Fargo
8. Wahpeton
9. Valley City

What's the Feeney rumor?
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:31 pm

go maji wrote:
1. West Fargo
2. Red River
3. Central
4. North Fargo
5. Davies
6. Shanley
7. South Fargo
8. Wahpeton
9. Valley City

What's the Feeney rumor?

It's in another thread on here, but it wouldn't be legal anyways. So, it's false.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby NoDakular_Context » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:16 pm

Comments, no particular order:

I agree that West Fargo will be the team to beat. A lot of depth.

Davies picked up a transfer catcher from North. I forget his name. Will be interesting to see if he starts over one of the Hartness brothers. Also, watch for Carter Sanden with a big left-handed big bat.

The Central player referred to as 'Jesus' must be Walz. Smart, aggressive pitcher. Love him.

Red River lost a number of very important players... Regimbal, etc. filling holes will be critical.

Swanson is a tough lefty for Shanley. Guys who don't like lefties will have a lot of trouble with him.

North also lost a number of critical players - not just Schultz. Holes to fill in the infield. Some good returning starters, as mentioned. Young pitchers and infielders will be a big question.

South will be interesting. I like their pitching stable - even after Ratlaff. Pugliano will see a lot of innings.

Wahpeton will likely struggle again, as will Valley City and Devil's Lake.

All that said, I'm reluctant to make a list... I'll leave it there!
NoDakular_Context
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baseballfinatic15 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:23 pm

Melhoff is the kids name that was a transfer to Davies from North. I have been told he is a good player but last year he was suspended so I do not know if that is true. He might see some infield action with the Hartness behind the plate.
Baseballfinatic15
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Indy5 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:01 am

Baseballfinatic15 wrote:Melhoff is the kids name that was a transfer to Davies from North. I have been told he is a good player but last year he was suspended so I do not know if that is true. He might see some infield action with the Hartness behind the plate.

Kid with the long hair that played for Post 400? He was a pretty good player. He will certainly be able to help them.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Return to Class A