Best football field in the state.

Postby the low down » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:01 am

heelsfan wrote:Beulah has a really nice field.  It's located in the park by the Knife river and is protected from the wind surrounded by trees.

Sounds a lot like Velva's.
the low down
NDPreps Starter

Postby klg_11 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:02 pm

i liked willistons old one. bleachers on one side and tailgating all the way around. the players would walk from field into high school locker room across parking lot. GREAT atmosphere.

the new one isnt bad but nothing like the old one. the new one is a cople blocks away and only tailgating on one side and the bleachers are on teh other side of the track rather than up to the field.
klg_11

Postby 1_Chevy_1 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:56 am

carrington by far has the best stadium in the country:muscle::muscle: we are winners
1_Chevy_1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Roughrider » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:38 pm

If anyone has been to bowman and seen the field than you will agree with me. it is excellent. the grass is so unbelievably nice. they have people working on it almost all year around. they have just replaced the track two years ago. Just this last year they have put in a new grandstand and crows nest which is just awesome. i think Bowman has a very nice field
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DAKOTA SPORTS » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:59 am

What about some of the field in Region 1 9 man - Hankinson and Wyndmere.  Many great games and great field grass. 
DAKOTA SPORTS
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Mauer07 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:27 am

Whitney Stadium in Dickinson is going to be very nice in the future they might put in Field Turf and put locker rooms by the field for the teams and more seating . Those changes need to happen pretty soon because it is pretty bad
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby SportsAreLife » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:48 pm

Mauer07 wrote:Whitney Stadium in Dickinson is going to be very nice in the future they might put in Field Turf and put locker rooms by the field for the teams and more seating . Those changes need to happen pretty soon because it is pretty bad

Whitney will be very sweet after they remodel it, it diffiently needs it.
SportsAreLife

Postby SportsAreLife » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:51 pm

Roughrider wrote:If anyone has been to bowman and seen the field than you will agree with me. it is excellent. the grass is so unbelievably nice. they have people working on it almost all year around. they have just replaced the track two years ago. Just this last year they have put in a new grandstand and crows nest which is just awesome. i think Bowman has a very nice field

I agree it is a very nice field. Also I like Oak Grove's with all the trees and the river behind it really sweet place.
SportsAreLife

Postby 3nout » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:32 am

Lisbon has a nice field at Sandager Park. Lots of tradition on that yard. Towner does have a nice field, and currently updating.
3nout
NDPreps Starter

Postby T-Bone » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:41 pm

3nout wrote:Lisbon has a nice field at Sandager Park. Lots of tradition on that yard. Towner does have a nice field, and currently updating.

I'll agree with you. Lisbon does have a great field. I think they just redid it recently. Very nice and a fun atmosphere.
T-Bone

Postby grizz » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:19 pm

SportsAreLife wrote:I agree it is a very nice field. Also I like Oak Grove's with all the trees and the river behind it really sweet place.

I liked playing at FOG. It kinda let me relax with all the trees and the river near by.
Last edited by grizz on Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mauer07 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:35 am

i like any kind of football field that has some kind of scenic view around the field like oak groves
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:23 am

FOG is a pleasant setting but I don't like swatting skeeters every other second.

Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby busch3434 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:02 pm

DAKOTA SPORTS wrote:What about some of the field in Region 1 9 man - Hankinson and Wyndmere.  Many great games and great field grass. 
yeah, wyndmere's field use to be in pretty tough shape....but now it's gotten alot better, pretty quick field to play on for natural grass but the atmosphere has gotten much better in the past years I would have to say since there last championship team....i don't like hankinsons too much, but love the hard fought games between the two teams
busch3434
NDPreps Starter

Postby cheesewheel » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:34 pm

I'd have to say that Whitney Stadium is one of the nicest fields to play on. But only at the beginning of the year. With 3 teams playing on it, it gets pretty turn up towards the middle or the end of the year. But starting out it is a great field.
cheesewheel
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Best football field in the state.

Postby jtdc492 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:32 pm

Border Central had an awesome field back in the day. 80 yds including the end zones. Kickoff from the 20, and just set the football in one of the gopher holes. Afterwards celebrate by digging the gravel out of your appendages. Ahh, I can still smell the cow manure. Those were the days!
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby NorthDakota11 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:01 pm

Oak Grove is a beautiful setting and for a stadium pleasing on the eyes you can't find a better one in the state... Coaching there two falls ago for a playoff game... one week before deer opener... I'm throwing some passes to the kids when I look over and I'm thinking to myself... if only this was one week later and i was in the deer stand... Really nice 5by5 whitetail was laying in the trees along the river... where else in the state can you see something like that while getting ready for a game? It was Awesome... Playing surface on the other hand at Oak Grove left a little to be desired... very wet in some spots...

Whitney will be amazing when it gets done... Field turf.. great track... lockerrooms... Very state of the art! Coaches will be fighting to get to be in the crows nest!
"Why did you go for two?"

"Because I couldn't go for three..." - Woody Hayes
NorthDakota11
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoAus8 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:30 pm

Valley City's field has a great view of the Hi-Line bridge and the hills on the horizon. Great place to play and watch games
GoAus8
NDPreps Starter

Re:

Postby baseball1402 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:17 pm

itsallabouteddie wrote:
SCC wrote:Central Valley's field always seems to be in really good shape and is a fun place to watch 9-man.

best field i ever played on, and its not even close

That field is amazing Coach Vigen takes care of that field like its his kid. He refirtalizes it every year and waters it every day. We take care of that field really good and it has a really good atmospher. Theres trees surrounding it the grass is soft people can park by the south endzone or the parking lot its just a really nice field. I think its the best in the state
baseball1402
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:20 pm

I think that Oak Grove's football field is a really nice field with an awesome location down by the river (great in the fall :D ); also add the fact that if you wanted to sit on the dike around the football field you would get a great view of the game.

However with the flood last spring the football field is out of comission right; hopefully it will be ready to go again for the next football season.
Last edited by Run4Fun2009 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby footballislife14 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:32 am

the badlands community bowl is by far the nicest field out there in AA football...except that so far there is very limited seating with the stadium not being completed
footballislife14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bighouse » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:03 am

Dickinsons field
bighouse
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:01 am

bighouse wrote:Dickinsons field

Good quality turf, and their stadium/pressbox is unreal. I will say I've been on every turf field in the state, and Minot State's turf is by far the nicest. Only people who have the same stuff are the Patriots, Nebraska, and Iowa from what I've been told. Maybe one more college.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sniper » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:20 pm

Shiloh - Miller Field. Softest turf I have ever been on.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby go maji » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:36 pm

Sniper wrote:Shiloh - Miller Field. Softest turf I have ever been on.

The only way to answer this question is to have different categories.

Best Field/Stadium: Community Bowl

Best view: Either Minot stadium has great views.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then there's another category, stadium used by 1 team. Because they have 2+ schools paying for a stadium. This category can be up for debate.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Football