Best Class B boys BB program

Share your stories of the towns, teams, and players of the past.

Postby itsallabouteddie » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:30 pm

any thoughts on who you think has the best program overall in class b boys basketball
itsallabouteddie
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:38 pm

Long term successful coaches make the program, Dan Carr at Linton gets a lot from his guys.  Another obvious choice is Mayville, and lately Trinity. 
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby itsallabouteddie » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:51 am

normally with me being a Hillsboro guy i would say Hillsboro, but we've kind of underachieved since coach beyer left so i think i would have to say mayville, the last ten years they've just dominated with the mid-nineties dominance and the early 2000 success. but i like to tell my mayville friends that the recent success can be attributed to the fact that the coach is a Hillsboro grad, who i think was one of the best players Hillsboro ever had, and just so happens to be eddie beyers son in law. kenmare used to have one of the better programs but they've kind of fallen off the earth lately.
itsallabouteddie
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:18 am

Kenmare has lost a lot of students since their hey day, and they also have had a wrestling program which has thinned the numbers.  They still have fielded talented teams only to fall to the regional curse.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Y-not Daily » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:12 pm

Linton has to be up there... May-Port and Trinity in recent years... When Beulah is in B, it seems to do well..
Y-not Daily

Postby itsallabouteddie » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:17 pm

If i'm not mistaken, isn't Beulah dropping back to the B next year? and if so which region will they be in?
itsallabouteddie
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:53 am

I haven't heard anything but it would seem logical.  In the B they could dominate and have a chance at the premier tourney in ND.  They are sorta on the bubble as far as students.  Maybe they should do some forced busing to Golden Valley.  :P
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:19 pm

I would go with Trinity, Mayville, Fargo Oak Grove or any of the teams that Ron Carlson has coached. They are all a toss up.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby happy » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:07 am

Linton is one of the top in the state. Even this year when they don't have the players like the used to, Dan Carr is still sitting pretty decent. He gets those kids started in elementary school and builds from that. I think Dan does a great job over in Linton.
happy
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bluedevilbball » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:09 am

I will have to agree with Linton in girls and boys teams they run a good program.
bluedevilbball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lambboy » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:58 am

Beulah is going to region 7 next year. watch out Trinity!
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Return to North Dakota Legends of High School Athletics