Tim Tebow

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Tim Tebow

Postby ndfan » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:36 pm

UNREAL!!
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:54 am

ndfan wrote:UNREAL!!

Just Might be the understatement of the week!! OK Year... :D

Teebs, born with a Horse Shoe on his Helmet!!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:55 pm

He is a beast in the 4th quarter. If the defense can keep them in it until the 4th, Tebow is gonna get the win. The 1st 3 quarters are pretty ugly but god when it counts he is great under pressure
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:38 am

When it comes to Winner-Within publicizing QB's...Its true I have a few lines written and a few words spoken about TTebow....But he ran into another QB I have really put some time into!!!! Good Game Brady!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:11 pm

Comments on his latest performance? 13-30, 185 yds, 4 picks. Lost in a blow out to a pretty bad bills team.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:44 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:Comments on his latest performance? 13-30, 185 yds, 4 picks. Lost in a blow out to a pretty bad bills team.

Had a bad game. It happens to anyone. Was only 3 picks, one was a fumble. Bills secondary is pretty good actually. Picked off Brady 4 times earlier this year. They got up 7-0 early and coaches went ultra-conservative to let the Bills go 17-0 in the 2nd quarter. From then, Tebow looked like a young QB trying to desperately to come from behind on the road.

He is in such a bad place in my opinion. Coaches are too conservative in the 2nd quarter which is where they always fall behind. They NEVER have a short passing game. Seems like all the plays are play action (not a bad deal with thier running game, except when they were going nowhere today) or it's 4 verts. His receivers are so terrible. They never can get seperation on a route and they dropped 6 balls today. I'm pretty sure they've dropped around 5 in every game.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:59 pm

So this game was a fluke or the rest of the season was a fluke? I agree he is in a terrible place. Who do you think deserves the most blame for the loss: Tebow, the coaches, the D, or the whole team?
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby bison football73 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:47 pm

honestly tebow does. the bills had 2 defensive touchdowns off of an interception and a fumble and the 2 other picks the bills ended up scoring
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:32 am

bison football73 wrote:honestly tebow does. the bills had 2 defensive touchdowns off of an interception and a fumble and the 2 other picks the bills ended up scoring

Agreed he is in a Late season Crumble, but thats because they are starting to Dial in on his tendencies....The Broncs will need to Strategize over the summer and add pieces to the puzzle.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:07 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:So this game was a fluke or the rest of the season was a fluke? I agree he is in a terrible place. Who do you think deserves the most blame for the loss: Tebow, the coaches, the D, or the whole team?

I think this game is a fluke, not the whole season. The whole team deserves blame. Coaches called one of their worst games, Tebow turned it over (something he never does) and the D couldn't almost stop Spiller.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:44 pm

When your qb turns the ball over 4 times it's impossible to win. I didn't watch the game so I don't know how the game calling went but I think tebow is just like the wildcat offense, it worked cause it was new and now teams have figured it out. They need to draft another receiver and work on the game plan for next year
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:05 pm

As far as the Spiller thing goes, the opposing team can have a great running game and you can still win. Look at the Rams and Vikings, Jackson and Peterson have good running games most of the time and the Vikings and Rams seldom win
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:25 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:As far as the Spiller thing goes, the opposing team can have a great running game and you can still win. Look at the Rams and Vikings, Jackson and Peterson have good running games most of the time and the Vikings and Rams seldom win

I know that, I'm just saying the Bills were moving the ball like crazy. And I don't think anyone "figure out" Tebow. They know what they always have known. He just had a bad game. Can't dig a hole every game and say save us to your QB in his 13th start.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:59 pm

The elite QBs in the league are able to do it. Now I'm not saying I expect Tebow to be able to, he has little experience but the way everyone has been talking about him he should be able to do anything.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:17 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:The elite QBs in the league are able to do it. Now I'm not saying I expect Tebow to be able to, he has little experience but the way everyone has been talking about him he should be able to do anything.

Elite QBs don't do it every game. He did it 5 times, but there comes a point when reality sets in and he can't lead a miraculous comeback with a bad team.

People forget that before Tebow came along they were in the "s*ck for Luck" sweepstakes.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:01 am

Tom Brady overcome his leagues worst yards allowed defense everyweek....If I'm not mistaken the Packers are 2nd worst (could be wrong on this, sorry if I am) and Rodgers overcomes that. The reason Tebow was winning games is because their good defense was keeping it close until the 4th quarter. He was giving games away the first 3 (with the exception of the New England game). I say this even though I'm a Tebow fan. I think he is a great role model and exactly what the sport needed. But so far he hasn't shown enough to be a starting QB. Yes, he has won games but he is better than what he is showing and has a lot to prove.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:46 am

Using names like Brady and Rodgers in a Tim Tebow thread should get you banned for a few days.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:07 am

Why? it was said that the elite QBs in the league don't do it so I was proving they do. You can't go around banning people for no reason
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:50 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:Why? it was said that the elite QBs in the league don't do it so I was proving they do. You can't go around banning people for no reason

They don't get dug in huge holes everytime though. Rodgers is always playing with the lead. Their defenses aren't good, but their coaches don't take the game out of their hands in the first half and watch them fall behind 2 or 3 scores every game.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:48 pm

Eli Manning and especially Matt Staffird have done it multiple times this year
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:13 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:Eli Manning and especially Matt Staffird have done it multiple times this year

Every game? And has it been 2 or 3 scores? I know they came from behind, but Tebow hasn't gotten to play with a lead ever except for against Kansas City.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:33 pm

The Lions have like 4 comebacks from down 17+ this season. I agree this can't be expected from Tebow but if you look at some of the stuff that has been stated on this thread it seems others do. It just bothers me that when the Broncos win it's all because of Tebow and he did it himself and when hey lose he has nothing to do with it and it's everyone elses fault. I think some people are to in love with Tebow to be objective about this like they should.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Old Baller » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:05 am

OT playoff game: Denver 29, Pittsburg 23. Tebow 10 of 21 for 316 yards; 50 rushing + 1 TD. Who would have thought this would happen? Granted the Steelers were banged up but still...
Old Baller
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:45 pm

Old Baller wrote:OT playoff game: Denver 29, Pittsburg 23. Tebow 10 of 21 for 316 yards; 50 rushing + 1 TD. Who would have thought this would happen? Granted the Steelers were banged up but still...

Yep, Elway suggested "Pull the Trigger" and thats just what the Outlaw QB Kid did! :P
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:57 pm

I agree, I think they let him air it out a bit more and not have to second guess himself. Gotta wonder how Denver will do next year giving Tebow a full offseason with the first team, tailoring the offense to him a bit more, and finding a few more pieces that fit well into their offense. Tebow now has as many playoff wins as Romo and Cutler, and more than Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan, and Carson Palmer.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Hot Topics