Tim Tebow

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Tim Tebow

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:30 pm

winner-within wrote:
ILoveBaseball21 wrote:Vince Young is going to replace Vick as the starter

I have always been a Fan of Young....Smoothest delivery in the League!!!....would be skeptical of Attitude though...

I was just kidding. That would be funny though
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:36 pm

ILoveBaseball21 wrote:
winner-within wrote:

I have always been a Fan of Young....Smoothest delivery in the League!!!....would be skeptical of Attitude though...

He's truly potentially better than Vick if he decided to get dialed in!!! Its up to Vince....and I don't mean in Philadelphia I mean it generally speaking.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:39 pm

winner-within wrote:
ILoveBaseball21 wrote:
winner-within wrote:

He's truly potentially better than Vick if he decided to get dialed in!!! Its up to Vince....and I don't mean in Philadelphia I mean it generally speaking.

Worse move ever for my team was letting Michael Turner go. Vince can be good when he wants.
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:25 pm

Indy5 wrote:
defensewinsgames wrote:So if everyone is buying into the get him weapons and give him a chance thing, then do Blaine Gabbert, Tavaris Jackson, and John Beck all the get the same opportunity? None of them have great weapons, (Jackson has Rice and Lynch but otherwise nothing)

Blaine Gabbert will get the same opportunity. He is a rookie and was their first round pick. Tavaris Jackson had weapons in Minnesota and was still no good. John Beck just doesn't deserve a chance. He wasn't highly picked and no one expects him to be any good.

So...because Denver drafted Tebow way to high he deserves more chances than everyone else? Tebow doesn't have the arm or the accuracy to build a franchise around. If they try it will just be a waste of another 6 years (them realizing it isn't gonna work and then having to start again). Doesn't make sense for them to do that to me (I would trade him and cut my loses) but they do have way more experience with pro sports than me so maybe they see something I don't
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:48 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
defensewinsgames wrote:So if everyone is buying into the get him weapons and give him a chance thing, then do Blaine Gabbert, Tavaris Jackson, and John Beck all the get the same opportunity? None of them have great weapons, (Jackson has Rice and Lynch but otherwise nothing)

Blaine Gabbert will get the same opportunity. He is a rookie and was their first round pick. Tavaris Jackson had weapons in Minnesota and was still no good. John Beck just doesn't deserve a chance. He wasn't highly picked and no one expects him to be any good.

So...because Denver drafted Tebow way to high he deserves more chances than everyone else? Tebow doesn't have the arm or the accuracy to build a franchise around. If they try it will just be a waste of another 6 years (them realizing it isn't gonna work and then having to start again). Doesn't make sense for them to do that to me (I would trade him and cut my loses) but they do have way more experience with pro sports than me so maybe they see something I don't

I'm not saying anything about Tebow at all with that statement. Just saying what will happen with those QBs.

Personally, I'd see if Tebow could get it done. The guy is a winner. Always has been and I feel he always will be. Its ugly, but he gets it done.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:41 pm

His team is ugly.....he ran for 57 yds in a 95 yard drive at the end of the 4th and every run was nice looking......especially the outside 25 yarder for the TD and Victory!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:17 am

I agree he is a winner, but your QB can't do nothing but run because he can't throw it. And as far as not having any weapons goes, go look at what Sam Bradford had last year when he broke all of those records. Avery (th only decent receiver was hurt all year and got cut in trainig camp this year), Steven Jackson had his 1st 100+ yd rushing game in three years like 3 weeks ago. He best receiver was Amendola for pete's sake and he still got it done.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:48 am

Denver should try to draft a guy like Landry Jones or Case Keenum, guys with pocket presence.
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:10 am

defensewinsgames wrote:I agree he is a winner, but your QB can't do nothing but run because he can't throw it. And as far as not having any weapons goes, go look at what Sam Bradford had last year when he broke all of those records. Avery (th only decent receiver was hurt all year and got cut in trainig camp this year), Steven Jackson had his 1st 100+ yd rushing game in three years like 3 weeks ago. He best receiver was Amendola for pete's sake and he still got it done.

he isn't my QB he's Denver's....I think he is a solid Prospect, and Come on, we all know he is a winner.. :roll: so I have know Idea why we keep saying this and then go on to say he has major issues in his style.

He is absolutely no different than any other young QB who had to prove himself and being a winner in College and then winning 5 out of 6 in the NFL does NOT constitute his future.

You say he Cant pass....or is it more like THEY cant catch....I don't think many on here have been watching him in a game vs on the highlight reel....he has bounced alot of passes of his teammates Numbers and thru there gloves in his 6 games...
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:14 am

Brandon Llyod is his new favorite target. How do you like what Jake Locker did in the Tennessee game?
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:25 pm

I wish they would have won.... don't know enough about him but 2 td's and no picks is a good start...looks like he went 9-19 and 140 yds....
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:34 pm

Ok the receivers drop a few. But if you watch an entire game he misses a lot of throws that he should make. I'm all for him getting a chance but if he doesn't improve they need to cut their losses
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:02 am

winner-within wrote:I wish they would have won.... don't know enough about him but 2 td's and no picks is a good start...looks like he went 9-19 and 140 yds....

He looked really good in what I saw.
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby defensewinsgames » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:09 pm

Which young QB does everyone think has the most potential (most likely to be a quality starting QB)
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:39 pm

After 30 years of watching it my conclusion is.....it wont be who you think it is.....he will need a relentless line to work his magic.....if he's a scrambler, his longevity may be hampered.....his coach will have to know how to utilize his talents and use him to his best ability.

I know who the most Physically Strong, most Charismatic, most marketable (and this always helps, when special care is needed) QB is as we speak is....Tim Tebow
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby bison football73 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:03 am

i like christian ponder honestly. definately andrew luck even though he isnt in the nfl yet. i cant go with the scrambling qb's, they dont last long enough in my opinion.
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby defensewinsgames » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:41 am

No one is jumping on the Cam Newton band wagon? I liked what I saw from Sam Bradford a lot last year, if he can get back to where he was he is gonna be a heck of a QB. Ponder looks pretty good, Tebow if he can fix his accuracy is gonna be a great QB. It's impossible to teach his work ethic, his drive, his desire to win, and his want to do whatever it takes to help the team.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:44 pm

Teeebs!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ILoveBaseball21 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:31 am

defensewinsgames wrote:Which young QB does everyone think has the most potential (most likely to be a quality starting QB)

I would say Cam Newton, sure his team isn't very good and they don't win very many games, their offense is pretty solid. If he sharpens his passing a little bit and hits his targets they will start winning games if their defense does half decent.
ILoveBaseball21
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:49 am

Nope, This is a TT thread.....I said the same thing about Cam last year as I did Tim this year and every one jumped all over it.....Now that Cam has Proved himself and Tim has won 6 outa 7 ....we could actually Start a new Thread on VY....who I suspect will also Excel (more than most on here expect) in the NFL!!!

And Please Ziggy....Fire Frazier.....because I was dead Wrong on his ability and Chief
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:19 pm

Cam lead the league in picks for a while. I'm not sure if he still doe but he has to be up there. Throwing 300+ yds a game doesn't do you any good if you throw 3 picks and your team still loses. Just saying.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:25 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:Cam lead the league in picks for a while. I'm not sure if he still doe but he has to be up there. Throwing 300+ yds a game doesn't do you any good if you throw 3 picks and your team still loses. Just saying.

So who would you Take... Cam, TT, or Rivers, to lead your Team
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:53 pm

If I had a good team in place and had a shot at the super bowl this year I would take Rivers no doubt. This is his first bad season he has had in a real long time and I think we are to fast to condem him. He is still a real good QB who has the potential to be great but hasn't got the opportunity to prove it yet in the post season. If I had to build a team from the ground up I would take Cam Newton. You can't teach his height, speed, and shiftyness. He has a good arm and just needs to improve his decision making. Tebow has a lot of characterisitcs I love in a player but I think Cam has what it takes.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:13 am

defensewinsgames wrote:If I had a good team in place and had a shot at the super bowl this year I would take Rivers no doubt. This is his first bad season he has had in a real long time and I think we are to fast to condem him. He is still a real good QB who has the potential to be great but hasn't got the opportunity to prove it yet in the post season. If I had to build a team from the ground up I would take Cam Newton. You can't teach his height, speed, and shiftyness. He has a good arm and just needs to improve his decision making. Tebow has a lot of characterisitcs I love in a player but I think Cam has what it takes.

I agree with most of what you say....Although If you want to become a marksman, pinpoint, most accurate passer (which is what will Take you to the SupBowl...then you have to put Scrambling on the back burner...I think Brees, Brady, and Of course Rodgers, are the prime example of this...with Brees rushing 2 times this season for a TD and the other 2 none (If I'm correct)....in all reality the Beast QB doesn't necessarily have the best line....he just knows how to deliver before, or right before he gets smoked!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:05 am

Couldn't agree more! That's why I don't love Tebow or Newton, they both look to run first and pass second. At least when Newton scrambles sometimes he keeps his eyes down field but someone needs to have a talk with both of them and tell them to settle down
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Hot Topics