The teams in Class AA.

NEW POLL (9/13)

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:22 pm

1. Wahpeton (8) 3-0 55
2. Grafton (3) 3-0 45
3. Minot Ryan 3-0 38
4. (tie) Bottineau 3-0 11
4. (tie) Fargo Shanley (1) 1-2 11

Also receiving votes: Central Cass (3-0) 9, Kindred (2-0) 6, Valley City (2-1) 5.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: NEW POLL (9/13)

Postby Dakotasportsfan » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:47 am

I am not seeing much talk on Wahpeton and now they are #1 in AA. Does anybody know anything about them?
Dakotasportsfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby GoPack#2 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:18 am

How can Shanley still get a first place vote even though Grafton destroyed them last week.
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thewanderer » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:29 am

GoPack#2 wrote:How can Shanley still get a first place vote even though Grafton destroyed them last week.

It is my opinion that after week four, we will clear the air a little bit as far as who should be highly ranked. Early season games set the boundaries but until the top teams start beating each other, it tough to take rankings to seriously. I am suprised to see Shanley still recieving votes, altough i do believe that they will be a contender at the end of the season. JMHO
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:36 am

thewanderer wrote:
GoPack#2 wrote:How can Shanley still get a first place vote even though Grafton destroyed them last week.

It is my opinion that after week four, we will clear the air a little bit as far as who should be highly ranked. Early season games set the boundaries but until the top teams start beating each other, it tough to take rankings to seriously. I am suprised to see Shanley still recieving votes, altough i do believe that they will be a contender at the end of the season. JMHO

The only thing that kept Shanley in the poll was that First-Place vote that they received.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby thewanderer » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:16 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
thewanderer wrote:

The only thing that kept Shanley in the poll was that First-Place vote that they received.

Run,
As i stated, i still think Shanley is a very good team with key starters earning their stripes. With the coaching staff and program they have, they will be competative at years end. Explain to me who votes and how anyone objectively could give them, or any team a first place vote given the games played so far. Just curious?
If You know, maybe it would be easier to explain the whole voting process as i dont understand, RV either. JMHO
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:35 am

thewanderer wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
thewanderer wrote:

Run,
As i stated, i still think Shanley is a very good team with key starters earning their stripes. With the coaching staff and program they have, they will be competative at years end. Explain to me who votes and how anyone objectively could give them, or any team a first place vote given the games played so far. Just curious?
If You know, maybe it would be easier to explain the whole voting process as i dont understand, RV either. JMHO

The polls are conducted by the North Dakota Associated Press Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association.

First place vote = 5 points, Second place = 4 points, Third place = 3 points, Fourth place = 2 points, Fifth place = 1 point. After all voting has taken place...someone tabulates the points and ranks them 1-5. Those who are Receiving Votes (RV) are those who received a vote from one of the voters but did not make the Top 5 list.

Idk if Shanley deserves a first-place vote after last week...but I don't have any objections to them being ranked...I figured they'd be 5th in poll after their loss on Friday.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby thewanderer » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:10 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
thewanderer wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
thewanderer wrote:

Run,

The polls are conducted by the North Dakota Associated Press Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association.

First place vote = 5 points, Second place = 4 points, Third place = 3 points, Fourth place = 2 points, Fifth place = 1 point. After all voting has taken place...someone tabulates the points and ranks them 1-5. Those who are Receiving Votes (RV) are those who received a vote from one of the voters but did not make the Top 5 list.

Idk if Shanley deserves a first-place vote after last week...but I don't have any objections to them being ranked...I figured they'd be 5th in poll after their loss on Friday.

So, if i am correct Wahpeton (8) represents 8 first place votes so if that is correct, some one still voted for shanley to be the number 1 team in ND?
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:14 pm

thewanderer wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
thewanderer wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
thewanderer wrote:

Run,

So, if i am correct Wahpeton (8) represents 8 first place votes so if that is correct, some one still voted for shanley to be the number 1 team in ND?

That would be correct
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:50 am

Wasted vote....totally Bias!!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby lovwatchingsports » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:15 am

winner-within wrote:Wasted vote....totally Bias!!

yes, some sport reporters are just like some people on here, it happens. They wanted Shanley to stay in the top five, because they think thats where they should be.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:30 pm

Hence polls being a waste of time....Paper....The only way I would care about being #1 is when the seasons over....and I didnt say rated #1 either.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby classB4ever » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:02 pm

winner-within wrote:Hence polls being a waste of time....Paper....The only way I would care about being #1 is when the seasons over....and I didnt say rated #1 either.

Hey winner, I agree 100%. Just like Ford being rated #1 in America. hahahahaha. Just having some fun :D
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lovwatchingsports » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:45 pm

Polls are Polls, its nice to look at them, nice for grandma and grandpa to brag about at coffee. But thats it. If we didn't have them more people would complain. But look at it this way, its got us talking doesn't it.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby thewanderer » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:39 pm

classB4ever wrote:
winner-within wrote:Hence polls being a waste of time....Paper....The only way I would care about being #1 is when the seasons over....and I didnt say rated #1 either.

Hey winner, I agree 100%. Just like Ford being rated #1 in America. hahahahaha. Just having some fun :D

So classB4ever, are you saying both Shanley and FORD are totally oeverated? if so, i agree completely!! :lol: :lol:
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:13 am

classB4ever wrote:

LOL!! thats not a Poll, the proof is in the pudding.... :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:21 am

I thought Dodge was #1?? :mrgreen:
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Return to AA