4 Winds only undefeated power in Class "B"

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby 4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:15 am

Hello all,

I just would like to be the first to mention that I believe Four Winds Boys Basketball deserves a #1 ranking going into Districts, they are the only remaining undefeated powerhous team besides PBK and they have depth, speed, shooting accuracy, defensive pressure and 2 of the best guards in the state averaging 20 ppg (Tony Ironheart) and 16 ppg (Kellen Littlewind) along with 3 other players averaging over 9 ppg.

It will be hard to stop the savvy, seasoned 4 Winds squad of who I have observed over the past 4 years and who have developed into a top notch team.

Make a run at the title boys.  Work hard and play how you know how.  Good luck. 
4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan

Postby Rebel » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:26 am

PBK is undefeated as well.
North Dakota Preps Hall of Fame Inductee
Rebel
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:31 am

PBK will be #1.  Ashley is also undefeated. 
Last edited by Ming01 on Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby West Dakota » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:59 am

Is it PBK that dunks quite a bit? A friend of mine was telling me about them I believe, sounds like an exciting team. I remember our kids playing that 4 Winds team in Bismarck about 3 or 4 years ago, they had a very nice team back then. I'll alway remember the little guy that was maybe 5 or so at the time. He ran the warm up drills right there with the big kids and he made most of his shots also in his custom little uniform! And after we won the coach was very coplimentary of our little team as well. Seemed like a well coached group of kids that I thought had a very bright future.
Last edited by West Dakota on Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:26 pm

Four Winds definetely has a good team. They should get a few votes for first going into the last poll of the year. However, come tournament time in District 7 and Region 4 a ranking doesnt matter because its a whole new season. Four Winds has also played a couple of close games in the district this year and who knows what Langdon in District 8 could throw at them. Justin Flink is as pure of a shooter you will find. Even with Four Winds being undefeated, I would still say that the top 4  teams in the district are very well balanced, it just depends on which team shows up to play. It will be an interesting next couple weeks, thats for sure.
Last edited by NATURAL TALENT on Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:24 pm

I agree, Four Winds is a very good team.  They can shoot well.  They beat Belcourt I believe.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Roughrider » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:34 pm

PBK is undefeated and I believe they will go #1
Roughrider

Postby ndtaterman » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:12 pm

The only thing that 4 Winds lacks is the size.  I've seen them play and a big team will beat them.  You can't run the ball with out controling the boards.  PBK and their man-to-man full court pressure is going to be very tough to beat with a small team.  Teams just don't get the good outside shot against them.  It's going to take an inside team to beat them.  That's why in Region3 I don't think Ashley can match up with them.  The Florhaug kid is 6-4 and an unbelievable shooter from out.  Stick a small quick kid on him to try and stay with, him he posts him up and they can't stop him.  Going to be fun to watch them if they make it to state.  They have got three kids that can jam the ball.  I don't really know who deserves #1 but PBK has a good enough team to put 3 good games together and win state if they make it through Regionals.  Don't really see a complete powerhouse in the whole state.
Last edited by ndtaterman on Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndtaterman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:46 am

I disagree, You are correct on teams need to control the board, but these kids are a threat from the outside and inside, They may lack height, but they do not lack strength.  Teams have tried to go man on man with this team but had to switch back to a zone, cause they were eaten up.  So I would invite P-B-K to play them man to man.  With the mechanics the Riley Smith and Quentin Lovejoy have down low, I don't think they will have a problem with getting some boards.  I have also watched Quentin Lovejoy play and he has taken on guys twice his height.  He is just a smooth player, and when the have to guard him, they will pass outside for a three pointer.  everyone on that team can shoot the three, and when they are on, they are devestating.   I don't think that P-B-K can play an up-tempo type of game these kids are used to, they play t his style on a daily basis. 
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:36 am

Ive seen four winds play a few times this year and as for an inside presence, they dont have one. That is where they will get beat. Smith is an okay player, get inside his head the first 2 minutes of the game and he gets nervous. Lovejoy is a garbage player, he cleans up anything in the middle. Against a taller team, their wont be anything to clean up. Four winds has exellent guard play, but they need a post presence if they want to win state.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndtaterman » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:08 am

Totally agree.  They will get eaten up by a team with size.  But they do have a very good team on the other hand.
Last edited by ndtaterman on Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
ndtaterman
NDPreps Starter

Postby 1337 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:32 am

I really have no knowledge to input on this situation as I haven't seen any of the teams mentioned above, however, if a big team can beat them, it leaves me wondering if such a team exists?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndtaterman » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:49 am

Yes it does.
Last edited by ndtaterman on Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
ndtaterman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:23 pm

If Averaging 14 points and 6 boards a game isn't an inside presents then I don't know what is, and the kid can shoot the three.  This will draw any post player out of the box and once that happens his ground game will dominate. 
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Boys