NDSU football

No smack talk is allowed here.

Re: NDSU football

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:24 pm

Its all about the $$; NDSU can guarantee a near sellout crowd of 17,000-19,000 fans...that would be one of the highest payouts for a home playoff game
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:08 pm

They're in one of the "play-in" games, so a home game isn't completely shocking.

They don't deserve a spot. Their offense is brutal. You're playing a team that gives up 37 points a game in a game you have to have and you never get close to scoring a TD and only have one scoring oppurtunity the whole game is beyond horrible.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby flatlander » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:26 pm

Regardless, I still think the Bison win that first round game. The offense may struggle but there are very few defenses in the FCS that come close to NDSU's.

NDSU held a Big 12 team to 3 points. You know how many times an FCS team has held a BCS team to three points? I do. ONCE. Richmond blanked Duke in 2006 when Duke was in the midst of the a three-year stretch where they won only two games: one versus a terrible FCS team and other against Northwestern.
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:58 pm

flatlander wrote:Regardless, I still think the Bison win that first round game. The offense may struggle but there are very few defenses in the FCS that come close to NDSU's.

NDSU held a Big 12 team to 3 points. You know how many times an FCS team has held a BCS team to three points? I do. ONCE. Richmond blanked Duke in 2006 when Duke was in the midst of the a three-year stretch where they won only two games: one versus a terrible FCS team and other against Northwestern.

Their defense is overrated imo. They create a decent amount of TOs, but they're not great at stopping the run or the pass, hence why entering the week they were in bottom half of total defense in an average MVC.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:06 pm

flatlander wrote:Regardless, I still think the Bison win that first round game. The offense may struggle but there are very few defenses in the FCS that come close to NDSU's.

Kansas doesnt count as a football team haha
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball18 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:10 am

Flip wrote:

Their defense is overrated imo. They create a decent amount of TOs, but they're not great at stopping the run or the pass, hence why entering the week they were in bottom half of total defense in an average MVC.

it doesnt matter how many yards you give up. theyre 8th in the country in scoring defense right now only giving up 16 ppg
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby flatlander » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:31 am

baseball18 wrote:
Flip wrote:

it doesnt matter how many yards you give up. theyre 8th in the country in scoring defense right now only giving up 16 ppg

And that's impressive considering that other teams actually have offenses that help their defense too by not going 3 and out over and over and over.
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:27 pm

baseball18 wrote:it doesnt matter how many yards you give up. theyre 8th in the country in scoring defense right now only giving up 16 ppg

It matters when you're down 4 with 3 minutes left and you need a 3 and out.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:36 pm

OH BOY they get a team thats in a league that only allows 34 scholarships, wow don't division 2 teams get more scholarships then that?? This is gonna be a butt whooping, I thought going to division I fcs that when you made the playoffs you'd get away from playing teams like St. Cloud State and Nebraska Omaha. I guess not. I'm gonna say Bison by 40.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:45 pm

ndfan wrote:OH BOY they get a team thats in a league that only allows 34 scholarships, wow don't division 2 teams get more scholarships then that?? This is gonna be a butt whooping, I thought going to division I fcs that when you made the playoffs you'd get away from playing teams like St. Cloud State and Nebraska Omaha. I guess not. I'm gonna say Bison by 40.

IVY league doesnt get any athletic scholarships at all for any sport
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:09 pm

baseball wrote:
ndfan wrote:OH BOY they get a team thats in a league that only allows 34 scholarships, wow don't division 2 teams get more scholarships then that?? This is gonna be a butt whooping, I thought going to division I fcs that when you made the playoffs you'd get away from playing teams like St. Cloud State and Nebraska Omaha. I guess not. I'm gonna say Bison by 40.

IVY league doesnt get any athletic scholarships at all for any sport

What does the IVY league have to do with FCS football?? How about you find a FCS league or team that has less then 40 scholarships that is in the championship hunt year in and year out?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:52 pm

Bozeman Bound!!!!!!!! 43 to 17 Bison over Robert Morris. Actually had an all around game today too.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:08 am

gobison#6 wrote:Bozeman Bound!!!!!!!! 43 to 17 Bison over Robert Morris. Actually had an all around game today too.

McNorton looked like he should be playing in the Big 10.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:17 pm

Indy5 wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:Bozeman Bound!!!!!!!! 43 to 17 Bison over Robert Morris. Actually had an all around game today too.

110 yards rushing and 110 yards recieving for a total yard output of 220 is pretty darn good. Brock Jensen also looked good after he settled into the game. Broke the NDSU playoff passing record. 229 yards
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:03 am

Jensen didn't look that good imo. He threw a couple short balls to D.J. that went for over 100 yards and Warren Holloway got a lot of his yards on his as well. He missed a lot of open receivers. If the Bison want to make a run in the playoffs then Brock Jensen will have to play better.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:06 am

gobison#6 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

110 yards rushing and 110 yards recieving for a total yard output of 220 is pretty darn good. Brock Jensen also looked good after he settled into the game. Broke the NDSU playoff passing record. 229 yards

Jensen was not that impressive at all, without those two "freakish" plays by DJ he has under 140 yards passing, he missed A LOT of open receivers.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby old#63 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:54 pm

The Schwab wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

Jensen was not that impressive at all, without those two "freakish" plays by DJ he has under 140 yards passing, he missed A LOT of open receivers.

I agree, schwab, I don't know if it was nerves or what, but Jenson was getting lots of time and still missed some very open shots to recievers. He's still young, but he needs to calm down and play like he belongs there.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:59 pm

he did just come back from a shoulder injury...I'm sure some of that was rust, but also some was probably nerves also. He should be more comfortable next week
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ndfan » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:10 pm

How do you guys think weather will effect NDSU?? When was the last time NDSU played outside in 30 degree weather in December? I think the weather could play a big factor in this game and think its a disadvantage to NDSU this weekend.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby old#63 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:23 pm

Haven't they been practicing outside for the most part? I guess I'm not sure how much time they get in the dome, but I thought most of their practices were still at Dakotah field.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:26 pm

many of their practices are...I notice them as I drive by after class
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby cubsfan » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:26 pm

I don't think the weather will really effect them that much. They are playing in the same conditions that they are probably going to practice in today.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby old#63 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:59 pm

Actually, if the weather forecast holds, it might not be too bad in Bozeman on Saturday. Right now they are saying high of 33 and 4 mph winds. Seems kind of weird to be worried that a team from Fargo, ND will be at a disadvantage in a cold weather game!?!?
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:17 pm

old#63 wrote:Actually, if the weather forecast holds, it might not be too bad in Bozeman on Saturday. Right now they are saying high of 33 and 4 mph winds. Seems kind of weird to be worried that a team from Fargo, ND will be at a disadvantage in a cold weather game!?!?

20 years ago I would say it was a Bison advantage cause they would play out in those conditions at this time of year all the time. But now you have the Fargo dome so rarely do they ever play in cold weather conditions anymore. You also have more kids on the roster from all around the country that had played in nice weather all year round and not cold conditions like Montana in December.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:36 pm

I'm guessing there will be a competition, but I heard that Thorton looks really good and has a chance to be the starter next season. Any truth to this rumor?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges