Re: Class AA Title

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:55 am

boatsnstuff wrote:Fargo Shanley vs. Devils Lake

?? already posted ??
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby bballfan7 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:04 am

I think this game will be closer than people think for 3 quarters...I think devils lake will be between 10-14 for first 3 quarters but shanley will pull away in the 4th and win by 20.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Stallng » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:45 am

bballfan7 wrote:I think this game will be closer than people think for 3 quarters...I think devils lake will be between 10-14 for first 3 quarters but shanley will pull away in the 4th and win by 20.

I wish these two teams could play a great game overtime game like they did last year but Shanley will blow out Devils Lake
FS 42
DL 14
Stallng
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby J Biker » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:59 pm

this game should be close. Devils Lakes Defense in my opinion is better than shanleys. but shanleys offense is better than DL's. Dl should be able to put up a decent amount of points. and shanley will also be able to put up points. it'll come down to which defense makes the key stops. but best of luck to each team
J Biker
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:01 pm

Fargo Shanley 31
Devils Lake 20
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby J Biker » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:06 pm

Devils Lake 28
Shanley 24
J Biker
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fanofeverything » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:54 pm

J Biker wrote:Devils Lake 28
Shanley 24

Really?????????????????????????
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:16 pm

Shanley 24

Shanley 50 - DL - 7
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Rush23 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:57 pm

to bad that both of these teams should be class AAA.....but fargo well win i think....devils lake well put up a fight because of their senior class that wants to go out with a bang but in the end fargo well win there 2nd straight championship
Rush23
NDPreps Starter

Postby J Biker » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:14 pm

fanofeverything wrote:
Shanley 24

Really?????????????????????????

ya
J Biker
NDPreps Reserve

Postby J Biker » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:15 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
Shanley 24

Shanley 50 - DL - 7

:lol:
J Biker
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:55 pm

Rush23 wrote:to bad that both of these teams should be class AAA.....but fargo well win i think....devils lake well put up a fight because of their senior class that wants to go out with a bang but in the end fargo well win there 2nd straight championship

Rush, everyone already told you that your an idiot for saying that in another topic. Apparently you didn't get the message that your the only one that thinks they should be AA. Shanley is not the biggest AA school. Devils Lake is bigger, but IMO, not big enough to be AAA. We'll see how they do next year. Valley City is bigger than Shanley and they've been AA since we went to 4 classes. Shanley could have been AA for a long time if they wanted to, but they always opted up.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:23 pm

Indy5 wrote:
Rush23 wrote:to bad that both of these teams should be class AAA.....but fargo well win i think....devils lake well put up a fight because of their senior class that wants to go out with a bang but in the end fargo well win there 2nd straight championship

Rush, everyone already told you that your an idiot for saying that in another topic. Apparently you didn't get the message that your the only one that thinks they should be AA. Shanley is not the biggest AA school. Devils Lake is bigger, but IMO, not big enough to be AAA. We'll see how they do next year. Valley City is bigger than Shanley and they've been AA since we went to 4 classes. Shanley could have been AA for a long time if they wanted to, but they always opted up.

Yeah. Enough stupid comments. Also will is spelled with an I not an E there rush.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Rush23 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:31 pm

When you got teams like Carrington Belauh Bottineau Belcourt Central Cass and Grafton against teams like Valley Fargo and Devils lake does that sound fair buddy.....small schools against big onces does not sound fair to me.....Fargo ya maybe should be down but u still got big school like valley and devils lake....and who gives a crap about how a word is spelt....we are not talking about a spelling class buddy so who gives a crap.
Rush23
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bisonguy06 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:52 pm

The smallest AA football school beat Devils Lake (the largest) this year.

Case closed.
Bisonguy06
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:48 pm

Rush23 wrote:When you got teams like Carrington Belauh Bottineau Belcourt Central Cass and Grafton against teams like Valley Fargo and Devils lake does that sound fair buddy.....small schools against big onces does not sound fair to me.....Fargo ya maybe should be down but u still got big school like valley and devils lake....and who gives a crap about how a word is spelt....we are not talking about a spelling class buddy so who gives a crap.

Belcourt has the highest enrollment in the class. Central Cass is a very big class B school and growing. Grafton was class A in basketball about 10 years ago. They aren't small. Bottineau and Carrington are decent sized schools and compete just fine. Well, maybe Bottineau doesn't compete great but thats their program's fault, not their numbers. Dickinson Trinity is the smallest AA school, they have an A enrollment and opt up, if they didn't co-op with New England, (who doesn't really even give them players, just a couple extra enrollment numbers), they would be a 9 man school I believe. If not, they'd be close.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:58 pm

Rush23 wrote:and who gives a crap about how a word is spelt....we are not talking about a spelling class buddy so who gives a crap.

OBVIOUSLY YOU DON'T
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:00 pm

I'll give you numbers. I got these numbers for basketball, so they count boys and girls, even though football counts only boys.

West
Belcourt: 600
Devils Lake: 591
St Mary's: 312
Beulah: 247
Bottineau: 244
Bishop Ryan/Sawyer: 156/49= 205
Trinity/ New England: 160/45= 205
Carrington: 197

East
Wahpeton: 411
Valley City: 358
Shanley: 336
Central Cass: 279
Grafton: 273
Kindred: 214
Lisbon: 201
Oak Grove/ Park Christian: 166 and then I don't know what Park Christian is
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:32 pm

Carrington also has PBK in with them for a co-op, which probably adds another 75 for a total enrollment. In another post you stated that Trinity would be 9man (or close) without NE, but they would actually still have an enrollment over 80 boys so they're still sitting in the middle of A. Oak Grove will also be A next year when Park Christian splits to form their own team. That's too bad to because I think Oak Grove adds a lot to this class (except this year) and fits well in this division and teams like Griggs County are moving up to replace them
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:54 pm

Indy5 wrote:
Rush23 wrote:When you got teams like Carrington Belauh Bottineau Belcourt Central Cass and Grafton against teams like Valley Fargo and Devils lake does that sound fair buddy.....small schools against big onces does not sound fair to me.....Fargo ya maybe should be down but u still got big school like valley and devils lake....and who gives a crap about how a word is spelt....we are not talking about a spelling class buddy so who gives a crap.

Belcourt has the highest enrollment in the class. Central Cass is a very big class B school and growing. Grafton was class A in basketball about 10 years ago. They aren't small. Bottineau and Carrington are decent sized schools and compete just fine. Well, maybe Bottineau doesn't compete great but thats their program's fault, not their numbers. Dickinson Trinity is the smallest AA school, they have an A enrollment and opt up, if they didn't co-op with New England, (who doesn't really even give them players, just a couple extra enrollment numbers), they would be a 9 man school I believe. If not, they'd be close.

I believe that Beulah was class A in several sports a couple of years ago too
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Indy5 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:30 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

I believe that Beulah was class A in several sports a couple of years ago too

Your right they were. I forgot to add that part. Its been in this century since they've dropped to B I believe.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:33 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Carrington also has PBK in with them for a co-op, which probably adds another 75 for a total enrollment. In another post you stated that Trinity would be 9man (or close) without NE, but they would actually still have an enrollment over 80 boys so they're still sitting in the middle of A. Oak Grove will also be A next year when Park Christian splits to form their own team. That's too bad to because I think Oak Grove adds a lot to this class (except this year) and fits well in this division and teams like Griggs County are moving up to replace them

Your right, I forgot about that co-op. As for Trinity, I guess I had just heard that before from someone fairly reliable and never really took the time to check for sure. Nonetheless, they still wouldn't be a big A school. I agree that as of now Oak Grove adds a lot to the class, but would they with the loss of Park Christian? I have no clue how big that school is so I don't know what they get from it.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to AA