Lehman Brothers

Lehman Brothers

Postby theman » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:58 am

Ok anybody familiar with wrestling should know that West Fargo has aquired the Lehman brothers from Apple Valley and one of them happens to be in the same weight class as Scott Schiller. Coincidentally, he actually BEAT Scott Schiller one time. Knowing how tough of a feat that is..........I would like to know what you guys think about who will get to wrestle that weight class this year and how it effects West Fargo's chances of placing at state this year.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Lehman Brothers

Postby tweener » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:03 pm

It doesnt really matter who is where as far as the weight class goes. With the "acquisition" of all the Lehman brothers West Fargo will be stacked. You could probably sit one of them out each dual, and WF is gonna run the table. In my opinion WF has the East locked right now.
But for your question, whoever weighs in heavier at check time is prolly gonna wrestle up, either way they are a couple of studs.
tweener
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Da Beast » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:49 pm

they definately do not have the east locked up right now, they dont have as many good wrestlers at other weight classes or depth.
Da Beast
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tweener » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:28 pm

Da Beast wrote:they definately do not have the east locked up right now, they dont have as many good wrestlers at other weight classes or depth.

Ok, um who would come close to competing here? The lineup is rather stoudt from 10 through 215 anyways, ok 285 West Fargo hasnt had a Hvy Wght for a lil while now.. Not too many holes there for some other team to exploit.. 145-215 prolly close to a lock in my opinion.
tweener
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Da Beast » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:23 pm

i would be willing to bet that Fargo South will beat West Fargo when they dual
Da Beast
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tweener » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:02 am

Da Beast wrote:i would be willing to bet that Fargo South will beat West Fargo when they dual

Ok South has who returning for them??

Eric Forde--given FS

Fugleberg-ok he is a light hvy wght or 215#er so Guessing WF has no heavy weight, so theyd bump up either Scott or Tyler and pick up wins there too..So who else does South have? Might be like a close dual in FS mind but I have to disagree. Ive watched South pound West Fargo for a couple of years, but wont be the same this year.. This will be one dual in A that I watch.. I think WF could give Bis a run this year.
tweener
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Da Beast » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:44 pm

if my memory serves me correctly, i believe fargo south only lost one varsity starter and that being matt nagle at 215 lbs. besides that they have a very good team returing that placed second in the state dual tournament last year behind BHS
Da Beast
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wombat » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:22 am

Tyler Lehmann- 189
Scott Schiller- 215

both are ranked in the top 5 in the nation at these respective weight classes. I don't see them changing for now.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:21 pm

Wombat wrote:Tyler Lehmann- 189
Scott Schiller- 215

both are ranked in the top 5 in the nation at these respective weight classes. I don't see them changing for now.

Where do you find these rankings? Not that I don't believe you, but I'd like to look at them. Thanks.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:54 pm

"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ClassBEast » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:56 am

Lehmann brothers get OK to wrestle at West Fargo
By: Heath Hotzler, INFORUM

The North Dakota High School Activities Association has ruled that West Fargo wrestling standouts Tyler and Preston Lehmann’s varsity eligibility will continue uninterrupted after it was determined the Lehmann family did not break NDHSAA transfer rules.

In a letter to Fargo North Principal Andy Dahlen and West Fargo activities director Curt Jones dated Jan. 11, activities association executive secretary Sherm Sylling wrote:

“Based on the information I received, I believe this to be a legitimate move by the Lehmann family and varsity eligibility for the two sons will continue.”

The schools received the letter Tuesday.

Tyler’s and Preston’s eligibility came into question last month when Dahlen requested an investigation into both wrestlers’ transfers to West Fargo.

Tyler transferred from Apple Valley, Minn., and Preston from Fargo North.

“We appreciate the time and effort it took for the NDHSAA to investigate the eligibility question regarding the Lehmann brothers,” Dahlen said Tuesday in an e-mail to The Forum. “The question of eligibility surfaced about residency following The Forum’s article on the Lehmann brothers transfer to West Fargo. We accept the decision from the high school activities association and will not appeal.”

Scott and Ellen Lehmann, Tyler’s and Preston’s parents, have a residence in West Fargo. The couple also owns a residence in north Fargo that they use to run a daycare facility.

According to NDHSAA bylaws, a family must totally vacate their existing home and move into a new school district to be eligible immediately to participate in activities. If there isn’t a change in residence, an athlete is required to sit out varsity competition for 180 school days.

The bylaw stipulates that “a second residence shall not meet the requirement” of a change in residence.

“The Zoning Administrator for the City of Fargo has determined the Lehmann family has actually moved to an address in the West Fargo School District and will be contacting them regarding business regulations,” Sylling wrote.

Jones did not return phone calls Tuesday seeking comment.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby farva4prez » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:34 am

the whole story is not cool, the lehmans bought an appartment in west fargo just to wrestle, they are still living as a family on the north side of town.. im there neighbor so i would know since i see the whole family go in and out of there daily, so much for a daycare. i think its ridiculous what their dad is willing to do just to get his kids on a good wrestling team, quite frankly i think its emberassing, the guy is a psycho, if higschool wrestling is that important to you.. well then i think you just need to get a life
farva4prez
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tweener » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:35 pm

Da Beast wrote:they definately do not have the east locked up right now, they dont have as many good wrestlers at other weight classes or depth.

Would ya agree with me now, that West Fargo has the East locked up? Looks like it was a good dual, would have loved to have been there. Good Luck to both teams the remainder of the season.
tweener
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:14 pm

Did anyone see one of the Lehman brothers (not sure which one) do a back flip while his opponent had one of Lehman's legs and Lehman pinned him like 2 seconds later? I saw it on the news and was wondering if that clip had made its way to youtube. I'd like to see it again.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby farva4prez » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:21 pm

yeah it was tyler, but that move is actually illegal in folk style wrestling.. he shouldnt be credited with that win, even thought it was a sick move ha
farva4prez
NDPreps Reserve

Postby billman100 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:32 pm

billman100
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wacwarrior2010 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:17 pm

this whole thing was BS! they shouldnt be aloud to just transfer out of the blue to a new school.....it isnt just a quincidence that they all ended up at the same school...i was a BHS wrestler and that is garbage that they can just do what ever they want like that. the state shouldnt have aloud this to happen it is unfair and garbage!!
wacwarrior2010
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:10 pm

wacwarrior2010 wrote:this whole thing was BS! they shouldnt be aloud to just transfer out of the blue to a new school.....it isnt just a quincidence that they all ended up at the same school...i was a BHS wrestler and that is garbage that they can just do what ever they want like that. the state shouldnt have aloud this to happen it is unfair and garbage!!

Reminds me of the stuff BHS track & XC does...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby farva4prez » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:51 pm

i think its gonna be funny seeing tyler get worked next year at the u of m, goes from a hot shot who wins state championships in minnesota to transfering to northdakota to rub it in everyones face just to show how good he is.. i just think it will be a big change for him
farva4prez
NDPreps Reserve

Postby joejack77 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:35 pm

ya bhs does that stuff to, i think they call it recruiting. and i know they do cuz they tried that with me and some buddies so i know there full of bs when they say they dont.
joejack77
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Wrestling