Teams of the West Region

Bottineau vs. Minot

Postby Twiggy_UND23 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:37 am

Who's gonna win? and why?
Twiggy_UND23
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Bottineau vs. Minot

Postby Hockey12 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:14 am

I think it will be a close game, i think it all depends on who shows up to play and who wants it more. I know it would be a big game for botno to win, because i dont think they have beat them in a really long time.
Hockey12
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Top Shelf » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:32 pm

i think bottineau will win, 7-4. they have three lines that can score and they
have been putting up a ton of goals this year. the only reason minot will score
4 is because bottineau has not got steady goaltending. minot doesn't even have
a kid who has scored 10 points yet and i think bottineau has 5 players with over
10 points.
Top Shelf
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:46 pm

Top Shelf wrote:i think bottineau will win, 7-4. they have three lines that can score and they
a kid who has scored 10 points yet and i think bottineau has 5 players with over
10 points.

Thats pretty bold considering 37 of Botts 64 goals have came aginst teams that would get beat by most Bantam teams in the state. This game all comes down to how Medler plays, he hasn't givin up more than 4 goals in a game this season. If he is on I will go Minot 3-2 if not I will go Bott 5-3.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eleven » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:00 pm

Top Shelf wrote:i think bottineau will win, 7-4. they have three lines that can score and they
10 points.

Bottineau putting up tons of goals...come on! If Minot was playing fricken Hamiota, Pembina, or Skunk Poot they probably would have more goals scored. Really, come on. Minot's non-conf games have been against GF Central and Williston...very similar talent wise to Pembina (sarcasm).

Now I think it will probably be a good game. Medler isnt going to give up 7 goals, unless someone runs him everytime down the ice with the puck stuck in there breezers. I will give Bottineau there rightful dues, they are a quality team, probably the best Hoff has had since the 90's. You just may want to ease up on the tooting of the goal scoring horn.

I forsee a 4-3 Minot victory.
Eleven
NDPreps Reserve

Postby the_truth_hurts » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:30 pm

10 points.

7-4? that makes me sick
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby Top Shelf » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:12 pm

okay guys, i was completely wrong. i was judging my prediction on past scores, games i've watched, and from what others had said. just for kicks i looked at the scores and here is what i found:

minot 5 vs dickinson 4 bottineau 7 vs dickinson 4

minot 2 vs jamestown 3 bottineau 4 vs jamestown 0

minot 1 vs williston 0 bottineau 3 vs williston 4

and how do you know that those canadain teams would lose to bantam teams without even seeing
them play. i don't think you can make judgements without watching another team play.

however the bottom line is minot won and bottineau lost.
Top Shelf
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:14 pm

Top Shelf wrote:okay guys, i was completely wrong. i was judging my prediction on past scores, games i've watched, and from what others had said. just for kicks i looked at the scores and here is what i found:

and how do you know that those canadain teams would lose to bantam teams without even seeing
them play. i don't think you can make judgements without watching another team play.

Looks like my assumptions are right on don't know how medler played but what was the final score? 3-2 Minot.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby the_truth_hurts » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:46 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
Top Shelf wrote:okay guys, i was completely wrong. i was judging my prediction on past scores, games i've watched, and from what others had said. just for kicks i looked at the scores and here is what i found:

Looks like my assumptions are right on don't know how medler played but what was the final score? 3-2 Minot.

spot on spot on
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby Clark17 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:51 am

the_truth_hurts wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

spot on spot on

Medler wasn't exactly peppered by any means. Bottineau had two 5 on 3's, and at least an additional 4 or so power plays to Minot's 2 pp. I don't think Bottineau put up even 10 sog with all those pp. They did give up one or two shortys. They also gave up one as Minot returned to full strength and picked up the puck in the neutral zone behind the D. Wierd play actually. Minot was attempting to clear and the puck, which deflected off the "turn-buckle" between the benches, and it basically ended up on the tape. Overall I did not think it was a real good game and it lacked flow. Niether team really sustained a forecheck. I think Minot worked harder, especially early in the game. Bottineau did put decent pressure on in the latter half of the third. Most of the game was special teams. As far as I am concerened I don't think it really matters where most of the teams in the WDA end up after the regular season. It is going to come down to who shows up at the WDA. I have a strange feeling about the Mandan team, I wouldn't want to face them in a loser out.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Return to WDA