Most underrated players

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Most underrated players

Postby bismarckballer » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:47 pm

who doesn't get enough credit for what they do?
bismarckballer
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Most underrated players

Postby Elevenfan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:54 am

Turtle Mt. -- Julia Davis.
Elevenfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:11 am

TM-Sasha Golus

In fact, that TM team is very underrated. With the unfortunate injuries that have hit Century, TM should now be the top rated team in the state.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bruins44 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:30 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:TM-Sasha Golus

In fact, that TM team is very underrated. With the unfortunate injuries that have hit Century, TM should now be the top rated team in the state.

Excuse me... Fargo South is the top rated team until someone beats them! not Turtle Mountain
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsguruguy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:05 pm

bruins44 wrote:

Excuse me... Fargo South is the top rated team until someone beats them! not Turtle Mountain

AGREE!!
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby bismarckballer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:50 pm

i believe this topic is most underrated players..not most underrated teams or who the best teams are.
bismarckballer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:09 am

bruins44 wrote:

South is the best team in the state and is ranked #1, so they are not Underrated. But I can see how my comment is read. TM will have to earn their respect, but is a team that is currently not #1, but could easily get up there.

But sticking to the topic...I think the the most underrated player is Carli Peterson of Century.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:46 pm

lol... tough to be underrated if you are on top! I think that TM team is underrated and will surprise teams this year. They have all the pieces. Dominate post with good ball handling and scoring from the outside. They are probably the only team in the state that has all the pieces. It will come down to composure and the mental aspect for them.

I don't know if Carli Peterson is underrated because I always seen her as a top player. Underrated or a newcomer for Century would be Ann Govig. Underrated or a newcomer for Mandan would be Mic Longtin.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby John Cena » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:02 pm

Agree. Peterson does not get enough credit.
IF YOU SMELL WHAT THE KING IS COOKIN'
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby footbrawl » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:21 pm

I would say Ann Govig from century isnt recognized enough for how she is helping the team this year
footbrawl
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:03 am

footbrawl wrote:I would say Ann Govig from century isnt recognized enough for how she is helping the team this year

The season is early, and she has been doing a good job stepping up for Century.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby mandanfanalso » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:24 am

Eminence wrote: Underrated or a newcomer for Mandan would be Mic Longtin.

Mic Longtin was great at the Century/Mandan game. She will be one to step it up to help Mandan this year!
mandanfanalso
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bismarckballer » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:54 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
bruins44 wrote:

South is the best team in the state and is ranked #1, so they are not Underrated. But I can see how my comment is read. TM will have to earn their respect, but is a team that is currently not #1, but could easily get up there.

But sticking to the topic...I think the the most underrated player is Carli Peterson of Century.

I agree. Peterson is way underrated.
bismarckballer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby uncheels » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:33 pm

Sasha Golus-Turtle Mountain
uncheels
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:58 pm

uncheels wrote:Sasha Golus-Turtle Mountain

How is being an all stater as a sophomore being underrated?
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby toddjames » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:59 pm

Agreed she is pretty well known by coaches and media... I think why some say she is underrated is because her name isn't mentioned as much as some of the other top players in the state... There are a few other girls on that team that are underrated though... Haven't been able to see them yet this year but they seem to have some good balance this year...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bcourtbraves » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:46 am

Belcourt's underrated player has to be Julia Davis... She's the motor of that team. With her effort on both sides of the court she deserves more credit.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby uncheels » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:10 pm

Thank you toddjames for explaining what i had to explain. Her name isn't mentioned much but should be.
uncheels
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:07 pm

toddjames wrote:Agreed she is pretty well known by coaches and media... I think why some say she is underrated is because her name isn't mentioned as much as some of the other top players in the state... There are a few other girls on that team that are underrated though... Haven't been able to see them yet this year but they seem to have some good balance this year...

She is talented, but TM struggled to win on the road last year, and wasn't able to showcase her talent as much throughout the state.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Schmidty22 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:12 am

hannah jeske and ann govig from century it takes alot to take jossarts place
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby shelly k » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:39 pm

Schmidty22 wrote:hannah jeske and ann govig from century it takes alot to take jossarts place

why does it take "a lot"? did you not watch last years state semi versus BHS?
shelly k
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Schmidty22 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:06 am

shelly k wrote:
Schmidty22 wrote:hannah jeske and ann govig from century it takes alot to take jossarts place

because it is hard to step intio a leader role. Jossart was a team leader and now a sophomore has to take over that role it is not an easy task
"I go out there and get my eyes gouged, my nose busted, my body slammed. I love the pain of the game."
Schmidty22
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:16 am

Schmidty22 wrote:
shelly k wrote:

because it is hard to step intio a leader role. Jossart was a team leader and now a sophomore has to take over that role it is not an easy task

Buck and Peterson are definitely the team leaders on that Century team. There have been some good sophomores who have stepped in to take over Jossart's spot on the floor, but since they basically run the motion offense they have been able to rotate a couple new players into the offense without putting them into the "main floor leader" position.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby shelly k » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:24 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
Schmidty22 wrote:
shelly k wrote:

Buck and Peterson are definitely the team leaders on that Century team. There have been some good sophomores who have stepped in to take over Jossart's spot on the floor, but since they basically run the motion offense they have been able to rotate a couple new players into the offense without putting them into the "main floor leader" position.

Huelsman does well too, with Jacobs showing occasional brilliance, the rest (including Govig and Jeske) are just along for the ride. Overall the team is playing very well, even better than their original starting lineup would have.
shelly k
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:44 pm

shelly k wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:
Schmidty22 wrote:
shelly k wrote:

Huelsman does well too, with Jacobs showing occasional brilliance, the rest (including Govig and Jeske) are just along for the ride. Overall the team is playing very well, even better than their original starting lineup would have.

I guess I wouldn't dismiss Jossart who unfortunately got hurt and ended her career at the beginning of her senior year. They did fine w/o Buck too, but I wouldn't say they were a better team w/o her. Peterson is definitely the team's workhorse, and Govig is the player to keep on eye on.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Girls