Best Players From Each School?

Re: Best Players From Each School?

Postby bearcatbacker » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:54 am

Cando-Dave Osborn, Played for UND and then went on to play several years for the Minnesota Vikings. Also Rob Laturnus, played at Colorado State and was going to NFL until he hurt his neck halfway through his senior year and was forced to quit.
bearcatbacker
NDPreps Reserve

Postby old lineman » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:19 pm

HERE IS THE MASTER LIST

SOUTH TONY SATTER, FREDENBURG

RED RIVER PRINGLE AND BOLLINGER

BHS ESLINGLER AND DRESSLER

PAGE HOPE GERMANSON

WASHBURN PERKARAVICH

OAKES HANSON, VIE

DEVILS LAKE ROLLER AND GREELES

SHANLEY CICHIES

WILLESTON JANGULAS

JAMESTOWN ERSTAD AND ROLDSON

MAY PORT OSLANDS, FRED WALKER, LECLAIR

LARIMORE OLSON

LAMORE THEIGLES

VELVA SCOTT KELLY

WATFORD CITY WALD

HATTON MCLAIN JERRY

NORTHWOOD LONNIE JORGENSON

CENTRAL VALLEY TRONSON

ZEELAND DOCTORS THE YOUNGER HALF
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:29 pm

Bishop Ryan: Jared Essler. went to NDSU and had a good career at safety. Also was a very good quarterback in the veer in high school.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:19 pm

VELVA - Kittlesons
Williston - Quale
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re:

Postby Raider Fan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:59 pm

Notorious wrote:I'd say it is fair to include him.  Nice work Tiger Pride.  Which archives did you have to peruse to find pull that one?

Kyle Steffes - Trinity

No doubt in my mind Kyle Steffes from Trinity might just be the best football player in the past 2 decades he ran for 6 touchdowns for the State Title and he didn't even hardly play the 2nd half becuase it was such a blowout. He still holds the record for most touchdowns in a single game and in a state chamionship game.
“Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.”
--Michael Jordan
"Commitment to Excellence"
Al Davis
Raider Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby i_see_it_all » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:08 pm

Steffes wasn't even the best running back on his team in the Mon-DAK game, or in college. Aaron Wald was a better back in the mon-dak, and Ty Roehl was the better college back. Just because he blew up some 9th grader from a town of 100 for 6 TD's doesn't mean he's the best.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:46 pm

i_see_it_all wrote:Steffes wasn't even the best running back on his team in the Mon-DAK game, or in college. Aaron Wald was a better back in the mon-dak, and Ty Roehl was the better college back. Just because he blew up some 9th grader from a town of 100 for 6 TD's doesn't mean he's the best.

You apparently don't see too clearly. The topic is Best Players from each school. Did Wald and Roehl go to the same school as Steffes? Or are you just chiming in with some of your "hate on everybody" wisdom like you do in every topic you comment on?
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mandan » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:02 pm

NDSportsFan wrote:
i_see_it_all wrote:Steffes wasn't even the best running back on his team in the Mon-DAK game, or in college. Aaron Wald was a better back in the mon-dak, and Ty Roehl was the better college back. Just because he blew up some 9th grader from a town of 100 for 6 TD's doesn't mean he's the best.

You apparently don't see too clearly. The topic is Best Players from each school. Did Wald and Roehl go to the same school as Steffes? Or are you just chiming in with some of your "hate on everybody" wisdom like you do in every topic you comment on?

And scoring six touchdowns against Hazen is hardly a "9th grader from a town of 100".
Mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby 5-time state chump » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:21 am

There was a kid out of Williston in the late 1970s. His name was Gully Gullickson.
He had I think around 93 perfect long snaps in a row spanning a few seasons. In addition to long snapping he also was the place kicker. His senior year he was 11 for 14 on field goals over 40 yards and 23 of 24 on field goals 30-39 yards.

His long snap streak was broken mid season his senior year when the Coyotes were attempting a game tying FG. He ended up picking up the loose ball and taking it in for the game winning TD. I wish I had that game tape. If anyone has it let me know. The game was vs. Bismarck High on Sept 22 or 23, 1978 at BHS.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Re:

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:21 pm

ndfan wrote:How about for Devils Lake?? I would say Matt Roller.

I'd have to agree. Matt started as as 9th grader and he played a big role in their run to the state championship game that year.

Another from DL in that same time period which I believe was a close 2nd was Robert Brusven, who graduated in 1991 and was an all state linebacker. Bob went on to UMary and set the record for tackles at the school, he likely could've played at a higher level. Both athletes were outstanding and it was a pleasure to play with them.

--- Another no doubter on that list is the best athlete ever to graduate from Jamestown - Darin Erstad.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeynut » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:34 pm

old lineman wrote:HERE IS THE MASTER LIST

SOUTH TONY SATTER, FREDENBURG

RED RIVER PRINGLE AND BOLLINGER

BHS ESLINGLER AND DRESSLER

PAGE HOPE GERMANSON

WASHBURN PERKARAVICH

OAKES HANSON, VIE

DEVILS LAKE ROLLER AND GREELES

SHANLEY CICHIES

WILLESTON JANGULAS

JAMESTOWN ERSTAD AND ROLDSON

MAY PORT OSLANDS, FRED WALKER, LECLAIR

LARIMORE OLSON

LAMORE THEIGLES

VELVA SCOTT KELLY

WATFORD CITY WALD

HATTON MCLAIN JERRY

NORTHWOOD LONNIE JORGENSON

CENTRAL VALLEY TRONSON

ZEELAND DOCTORS THE YOUNGER HALF

Roaldson from Jamestown? Fill me in on that one. It’s Erstad and Beadoin hands down
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Football