Twilight Series

All other topics other than sports related.

Twilight Series

Postby razzle dazzle » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:18 am

This epic new series has won the hearts of many girls and the hearts of some guys (guys sexual orientation is questioned when this happens ). These books portray a new type of vampire, which many shun. Others say it gives unrealistic expectations of men and women fantasize of a boy like Edward. They compare Edward to everyman they meet... Thoughts?
Last edited by razzle dazzle on Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
razzle dazzle

Re: Twilight Series

Postby TheYessMan » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:20 am

razzle dazzle wrote:This epic new series has won the hearts of many girls and the hearts of some guys (guys sexual orientation is questioned when this happens). These books portray a new type of vampire, which many shun. Others say it gives unrealistic expectations of men and women fantasize of a boy like Edward. They compare Edward to everyman they meet... Thoughts?

This new movie was terrible in theaters, and the book wasnt much better. I hope they dont make this into a series of movies like Barney.
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby razzle dazzle » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:37 pm

TheYessMan wrote:
razzle dazzle wrote:This epic new series has won the hearts of many girls and the hearts of some guys (guys sexual orientation is questioned when this happens). These books portray a new type of vampire, which many shun. Others say it gives unrealistic expectations of men and women fantasize of a boy like Edward. They compare Edward to everyman they meet... Thoughts?

This new movie was terrible in theaters, and the book wasnt much better. I hope they dont make this into a series of movies like Barney.

The movie is highly debated, girls prefer it while "real" men shun it.
razzle dazzle

Postby Damschen » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:44 pm

it not cool
Damschen

Postby bisonslayer » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:02 am

Its not a bad movie. Kind of interesting.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby inky » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:43 am

Well i ditched The Quantum of Solace to go see it
Favrein to Harvin!
inky
NDPreps Starter

Postby eastwood99 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:41 pm

inky wrote:Well i ditched The Quantum of Solace to go see it

Now why would you do something like that? JK! :lol:
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:09 am

saw the 1st movie....didnt care much for it.

preview for the 2nd one looks half way decent but still probably wont see it
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Stallng » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:44 pm

this is the cheesiest movie ever made. see why my daughter cries for it
Stallng
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Achilles » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:26 am

Why do they make crap like this? The New Moon thing came out and now you hear girls talking about it like its the greatest stuff ever made. I tried to watch the first one but I got so angry watching it that my friends had to turn it off in fear I would put my fist through the TV screen. I generally hate any movie that over-romanticises relationships because they make girls think we're supposed to act like that and make them breakfast in bed every day and hold their hand everywhere and never spend time away from them- its just unrealistic and I would rather bang my head against a wall or eat dirt than watch these stupid movies.
Achilles
NDPreps Reserve

Postby TheYessMan » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:00 am

lol, agreed. This movie has seriously been unwinding into a pathetic series. They should seriously stop while they are ahead :roll:
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby riders » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:35 am

Achilles wrote:Why do they make crap like this? The New Moon thing came out and now you hear girls talking about it like its the greatest stuff ever made. I tried to watch the first one but I got so angry watching it that my friends had to turn it off in fear I would put my fist through the TV screen. I generally hate any movie that over-romanticises relationships because they make girls think we're supposed to act like that and make them breakfast in bed every day and hold their hand everywhere and never spend time away from them- its just unrealistic and I would rather bang my head against a wall or eat dirt than watch these stupid movies.

the whole series is basically depicting these "perfect guys" that we have to try to live up to. completely unrealistic
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GoPack#2 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:29 pm

Is this really a topic on here..
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories