Re: Can anyone stop wahpeton this year?

Postby See Me » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:39 am

tweener wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:hey maybe Oak Grove can pull off the upset tonight!! :|

not to put OG down but i dont see it happening

it didn't...they lost 37-20

I'm just surprised OG scored 20 points on them, weren't the Huskies fairly stingy thus far?? Does the defense have some problems, or was their JV in?

if you look at the stats shown... smith was still scoring while OG was scoring so, i take it jv was not in.
See Me
NDPreps Reserve

Postby LPB'S37 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:14 am

Wahpetons D played very poor against OG but i cant see that happening again. they're to good on the line and have to good of LB's they;re not gonna let it happen again
LPB'S37
NDPreps Reserve

Postby See Me » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:35 am

LPB'S37 wrote:Wahpetons D played very poor against OG but i cant see that happening again. they're to good on the line and have to good of LB's they;re not gonna let it happen again

Would you bet on that? We will see when playoffs come around.
See Me
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mandan » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:01 pm

I've have not seen Wahpeton play in years but heard talk about their offense by people that don't know a good way to describe it...

Do they basically run a double wing offense with one of the wings going in motion a lot, sometimes running into the backfield to take a handoff?
Mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby LPB'S37 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:18 pm

See Me wrote:
LPB'S37 wrote:Wahpetons D played very poor against OG but i cant see that happening again. they're to good on the line and have to good of LB's they;re not gonna let it happen again

Would you bet on that? We will see when playoffs come around.

Yea maybe in the playoffs but there last two games they will be tough to score on
LPB'S37
NDPreps Reserve

Postby See Me » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:41 pm

Mandan wrote:I've have not seen Wahpeton play in years but heard talk about their offense by people that don't know a good way to describe it...

Do they basically run a double wing offense with one of the wings going in motion a lot, sometimes running into the backfield to take a handoff?

No the offense you are describing is more of a wing t like devils lake or st.marys. I believe that wahpeton runs more of a full house like the falcons used to. There is 2 full backs with the majority of carries going to smith as the deep back. I may be wrong thoo
See Me
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PrepFBrules » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:14 pm

Have to agree with NorthDakota11. One dimensional teams can be beaten with good coaching and an agressive D. Carrington has lost 1/2 their games, they can't stop a pass for their life, but they're lights-out hitting. Could they Stop Whap's running game? Prob not, but I'd love to see the showdown.
PrepFBrules
NDPreps Starter

Postby NorthDakota11 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:24 pm

Would someone tell me if waph is so dominate why in the HECK Smith was still getting carries late in the game? Are they that short on numbers? or were they trying to keep the margin of victory attractive to the rest of the state? I think this game is the perfect example of what some of us are talking about... if Waph doesn't have Smith... what do they have? And it's becoming clearer and clearer to me what the answer is... not much... They just gave up 20 points to a seriously middle of the road team (nothing against Oak Grove, they just aren't what they have been in the past)...

I may be way off base here and Waph's JV D was in when the Grovers scored the two late ones... but then that doesn't explain why Smith scored the last TD... Would someone who was at the game clear that up for me?
"Why did you go for two?"

"Because I couldn't go for three..." - Woody Hayes
NorthDakota11
NDPreps Starter

Postby football101 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:28 am

NorthDakota11 wrote:Would someone tell me if waph is so dominate why in the HECK Smith was still getting carries late in the game? Are they that short on numbers? or were they trying to keep the margin of victory attractive to the rest of the state? I think this game is the perfect example of what some of us are talking about... if Waph doesn't have Smith... what do they have? And it's becoming clearer and clearer to me what the answer is... not much... They just gave up 20 points to a seriously middle of the road team (nothing against Oak Grove, they just aren't what they have been in the past)...

I may be way off base here and Waph's JV D was in when the Grovers scored the two late ones... but then that doesn't explain why Smith scored the last TD... Would someone who was at the game clear that up for me?

Smith goes down, Wahp will lose. We will see how he dose against Dl in the Semi's
football101
NDPreps Starter

Postby See Me » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:08 pm

i totally agree with northdakota11, why if you have a jv d in is your stud running back in? did he need better stats for the game? becuase 200 yards and 4 or 5 tds is impressive, but for him to run for 300 and 6 tds with a jv defense in.... well it just doesn't sound right in my mind. so my guess would be that it wasnt a full jv defense mayb a few kids here or there but i dont know many coaches that would throw in the young kids than decide he'd rather run up the score once he got the ball back again
See Me
NDPreps Reserve

Postby und52 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:28 pm

Whap is not a bad team without Smith. They still have a great line and some good linebackers. They are just not a great team without him. They would be an average team if smith was to go down because even if they can't pass they can find someone to run behind their line and stop teams with their defense.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Vince Lombardi
und52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby See Me » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:16 pm

und52 wrote:Whap is not a bad team without Smith. They still have a great line and some good linebackers. They are just not a great team without him. They would be an average team if smith was to go down because even if they can't pass they can find someone to run behind their line and stop teams with their defense.

could they find someone else to run the ball? not trying to sound hateful, but does anyone else on the team even have 20 touches this year? serious question not trying to hate on the team.
See Me
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 3Putt » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:31 pm

See Me wrote:
und52 wrote:Whap is not a bad team without Smith. They still have a great line and some good linebackers. They are just not a great team without him. They would be an average team if smith was to go down because even if they can't pass they can find someone to run behind their line and stop teams with their defense.

could they find someone else to run the ball? not trying to sound hateful, but does anyone else on the team even have 20 touches this year? serious question not trying to hate on the team.

I have no idea about the stats for the year, but the rest of the team had more yards (204) and carries (28) the last two weeks than I would have expected.

Rushing against Oak Grove:
Smith 24-309-6
Houle 6-39
Hickel 1-33
Hagen 3-14
Zarak 5-10

Rushing against Grafton:
Smith 19-299-5
Wetzel 5-17-1
Schmit 1-53-1
Houle 3-17
Hagen 2-12