chad glasser done?!

No smack talk is allowed here.

Postby froggy » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:49 am

chad glasser has quit the Dickinson State University mens basketball team. i heard he said he didnt like the coach and wasnt having fun. also he may return next year if there is a new coach. this is amazing just knowing how much he loves basketball.
froggy

Postby rep » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:18 am

i'm trying to remember...did he get recruited by the current coach or did he come in when daniels was still the coach?
rep

Postby Notorious » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:15 am

thought he started at Mary ??  Could be wrong.
Notorious
NDPreps Starter

Postby Chewy » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:16 am

No. But he would sure look good in a Marauders uniform.

If he doesn't want to play in Dickinson I am sure Mary Coach Juno Pintar has a spot for him on the Marauders roster.
Chewy

Postby grizz » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:05 pm

He's actually thinking about coming back next year because the DSU coach resigned. He was also thinking about playing football but I'm sure now that DSU's bball coach is gone he will just play bball.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby Chewy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:11 pm

He'd sure be an asset to the Marauders. They are building a great program there with Erdman and Sandvig from ND. He'd fit in as a great point guard.
The NSIC is the nations toughest D2 conference in men's basketball.
Sounds like Coach Pintar wants to have the best ND kids playing for the Marauders so they can go 10-12 deep on the roster.
They'll be fun to watch for years to come.
Chewy

Postby Chewy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:56 pm

[user=2289]grizz[/user] wrote:
He's actually thinking about coming back next year because the DSU coach resigned. He was also thinking about playing football but I'm sure now that DSU's bball coach is gone he will just play bball.

I am still trying to figure out why anyone would want to play in a conference like the DAC that has such an unsure future???? Not to mention a basketball program that doesn't have a stable head coach???? Too many unknowns in my book.
Chewy

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:22 pm

Yeah a DAC that has a team thats playing for a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP tomorrow.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Chewy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:28 pm

[user=20]ndfan[/user] wrote:
Yeah a DAC that has a team thats playing for a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP tomorrow.

It's in the NAIA for cripe sake. Very few people care!

The only people who care are those wondering if they will have a conference to call home in a year or two.

DAC 10, DAC 8, NO DAC.
Chewy

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:09 am

The DAC and the various NAIA conferences that have come before it have played a vital role in the lives of hundreds of thousands of student athletes over the course of the last 50 plus years.  I don't think your statement that nobody cares is even close to accurate.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Chewy » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:28 pm

[user=74]Tiger Pride[/user] wrote:
The DAC and the various NAIA conferences that have come before it have played a vital role in the lives of hundreds of thousands of student athletes over the course of the last 50 plus years.  I don't think your statement that nobody cares is even close to accurate.

I didn't say "nobody cares." I said very few people care.
I would say there are your usual top 5 schools in the NAIA every year but that's about it.

I am from Dickinson, I see it when I watch a Blue Hawks game from time to time at Scott Gymnasium. It can get ugly. I usually go to watch local talent if there is any on either team. I don't cheer for any particular team.
Chewy

Postby Wild Wolves » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:06 am

The ugly that you are referring to is a reflection of the DSU program BB wise.  As much as I dislike DSU I have always appreciated what the previous coaches did in terms of recruiting local talent.  That can also be said for the FB team, I love that they primarily go after kids from ND, MT, SD, & WY. 

Think about how many DSU grads are still living in Dickinson.  That same number can be applied to Minot, Jamestown, and Bismarck.  Sorry to say very few stick around Mayville and Valley.  I know Mary is DII now but most of the alumni are the result of the NAIA affiliation.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Chewy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:05 am

Not quite sure what you mean.

But, just from experiencing athletics at both Mary and DSU. The culture is different at the two schools.

I can never bring my kids to any DSU events. They would come back with a new vocabulary and have a wrong impression about today's society. There's always a good chunk of fans that totally embarrass themselves and the town.
Chewy

Postby Wild Wolves » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:16 pm

I think the NAIA schools have played a valuable role in the communities in which they exist.  (DSU BB getting ugly is more about DSU then NAIA in general)

I agree about the language issue.  Mayville State is the same way, I have family that are boosters and flat out told the administration if they didn't clean it up they were done.  Stan Rettew was the AD and he just chuckled.  Needless to say the aren't getting any fiscal help from the relatives.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:56 pm

Tiger Pride wrote:I think the NAIA schools have played a valuable role in the communities in which they exist.  (DSU BB getting ugly is more about DSU then NAIA in general)

I agree about the language issue.  Mayville State is the same way, I have family that are boosters and flat out told the administration if they didn't clean it up they were done.  Stan Rettew was the AD and he just chuckled.  Needless to say the aren't getting any fiscal help from the relatives.

yeah, that about sums up retewtew. i don't know if i've ever met someone that i've really wanted to like more than him and i just couldn't stand him.
rep

Postby Chewy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:18 pm

[user=74]Tiger Pride[/user] wrote:
I think the NAIA schools have played a valuable role in the communities in which they exist.  (DSU BB getting ugly is more about DSU then NAIA in general)

Good points.
Chewy

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges