Bowman vs Trinity

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Rebel » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:48 am

Bowman and Trinity play this Thursday in Dickinson Trinity.  Bowman has given Trinity their only loss of the year, a three point game at Dickinson in December.  The regional tournament is also in Dickinson.  You know what they say about beating a team three times in one season, and when it is Dickinson Trinity, the 4 time defending regional champs, it makes it twice as hard.  Do you think it would be in number one Bowman's best interests to lose this one?  Obviously you want to win, but a loss right now may be a good thing?    On the other hand winning twice on their home floor which no one has done in the last five years could really get in their heads?

What are everyones thoughts?
North Dakota Preps Hall of Fame Inductee
Rebel
NDPreps Starter

Postby sarge01 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:29 am

Well obviously, you play the game of basketball to win.  Point blank.  But, I do agree that it would not be such a horrible thing if they did lose.  I would hope that if Bowman lost, they would keep their heads up and know that nothing was technically lost and just go out and play their best at tournament time.  Who knows though...maybe Bowman will win on Thursday and that will be the last time they could possibly play Trinity.  Bowman and Trinity are not the only good teams in that region, and someone could easily knock the other off and they might not be the teams playing in the championship.  It will be exciting to see what happens though!!  My money is on Bowman!!:)
sarge01
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Rebel » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:36 am

You are right.  There is no guarantee that these two teams will ever play again.  Bowman has had several teams play them close, including hazen and Kildeer.  Trinity on the other hand has not had a game within 10 points all year except for Bowman.  Should be a great game.  Going to be a full house in Trinity I am sure.  Alot of class B fans going to come out to watch.  Great tournament preperation for both teams.
Rebel
NDPreps Starter

Postby piratefan » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:49 pm

This game is going to be great.  I expect the crowd to be 50/50.  There will be a lot of people not affiliated with either school there cheering most likely for the Bulldogs.  If I didn't have to work Thursday night, I would make the trip from Grand Forks!  On the topic of Bowman losing, I completely disagree.  They are the number one team in the state right now and are playing decent ball.  Why not hang onto that, that could be an intimidation factor for any opposing team come tournament.  Rebel is right, there is a lot of teams in that region that could knock either of those teams off.  I would even throw Hettinger into that mix.  They have a fine ball club down on Highway 12 as well.  Should be interesting to see what happens Thursday night!
piratefan

Postby ndfan » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:46 pm

Somebody let us know how this game goes tomorrow, will be interesting to hear how that game goes. Sounds like the team that comes out of that region has a really good chance at winning state.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby West Dakota » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:37 am

I'll post photos on friday, should be a good one!
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballis#1 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:07 am

*edited by administrator*

Warning sent because I am in a good mood.
Last edited by bballis#1 on Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
bballis#1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ming01 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:22 am

Rebel wrote:Bowman and Trinity play this Thursday in Dickinson Trinity.  Bowman has given Trinity their only loss of the year, a three point game at Dickinson in December.  The regional tournament is also in Dickinson.  You know what they say about beating a team three times in one season, and when it is Dickinson Trinity, the 4 time defending regional champs, it makes it twice as hard.  Do you think it would be in number one Bowman's best interests to lose this one?  Obviously you want to win, but a loss right now may be a good thing?    On the other hand winning twice on their home floor which no one has done in the last five years could really get in their heads?

What are everyones thoughts?

BBallis- He's not saying they wanted to lose.  He's just saying it would probably be better to not go undefeated into district, region, and most of all state.  Because if your undefeated your team will probably go into the tournament with their heads up high and they would have an even bigger bulls eye on their back. 
Last edited by Ming01 on Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby rainmaker » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:33 pm

I personally think that Bowman's loss to Trinity by 3, was not a bad thing at all.  At least there is no pressure of having to be undefeated or the #1 ranking, as well as if they would have won...the possibility of beating a high-caliber Trinity team three times in a row, would be VERY difficult.  It is apparent that there is not a TRUE #1 team........for instance...Trinity and Bowman are very even teams.. Too bad Bowman doesn't have a bench....things might have been different:)
rainmaker
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:45 pm

Sounds like another good game out west there, I think your right rainmaker I dont think there is a real #1 team in the state. Anybody who makes it to state this year has a good chance at winning it all. Pretty much all gonna depend on who's playing there best basketball the next few weeks. Pretty much throw out the state poll it means nothing right now and best of luck to all the teams.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rainmaker » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:54 pm

I totally agree with you, I couldn't have said it better myself.  Whoever is playing the best basketball in the next couple of weeks in that region has a HUGE chance of being a major contender at state, and possibly winning it all.  They will definitely represent the southwest corner well!!  You are right about the polls as well....They are just basically there to cause an uprise with everyone involved.
rainmaker
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rainmaker » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:59 pm

And Yes, I second the "best of luck to all of the teams"!!:)  May the best team at the end of the season win!!
rainmaker
NDPreps Reserve

Postby West Dakota » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:25 pm

Here are a few photos for you guys from tonight. Don't tell me that game didn't mean anything, you sure couldn't tell it by all the cheering fans! That big gym was almost full, made for a great night of basketball
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby West Dakota » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:28 pm

Breen drives for two.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby West Dakota » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:28 pm

Tivis on the move.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby West Dakota » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:30 pm

Ernst with the block.
Last edited by West Dakota on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bill » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:36 pm

wow, you take some great pictures, do you have a website or something? these are way better then any pictures taken by a newspaper.
bill

Postby West Dakota » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:37 pm

Smith and pauley going at it, Smith was called for the foul at the same time.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby West Dakota » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:39 pm

Tivis strokes a three.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby West Dakota » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:42 pm

Ernst with a three point dagger.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby West Dakota » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:46 pm

I've got to get some sleep! I just finished up working on all of the photos from the game. Check them out in the morning at.

http://www.shutterfly.com/pro/westdakotaphotography/hoops

Thanks and let the kids and their parents know about these photos if you would!
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Rebel » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:07 am

Those are some great pictures of the game!  I was at the game last night, and being a class B basketball fan it was a GREAT GAME!  You have to tip your hat to trinity, they played very well and were the better team last night.  They only missed 4 shots in the second half!  The scary thing is they shot that well and still only won by 3.  As a fan I felt that Trinity played about at good as they could play, and Bowman played a good game, but not a great game. Both teams played great defense and put five players on the floor that know the game.  Two great basketball programs!

I sure hope that both teams take care of business in the Districts and Regional opening rounds so we can see these two teams match up with a State Tourny berth on the line!!
Rebel
NDPreps Starter

Postby usedup » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:39 am

Well bowman got beat as i am sure you have found out by now. they both played a good game. Solid ball. The reffing was fine. Some missed calls both ways. Trinity shot the dang lights out in the second half and still only won by 3. This takes all the pressure off the boys now and its on for regionals. Now all that has to happen is nobody have a bad night & not even make the regional champion game. That would really be a crapper! Hazen only lost to Bowman by 2 in bowman and watford was in hazen last night and hazen lost by 2 in OT. I really dont think the hazen team is all that good but obviously they are a scary bunch. Trinity goes to watford on sat. It will be interesting to see the score after the game with trinity and watford comming off of some big hard fought wins last night.
usedup

Postby West Dakota » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:16 am

Yes you never know what might happen there. When I saw that Bowman won by only two over Hazen I thought look out! But when Glen Ullin played them in Hazen's gym they beat them by like 20 with Voth out for almost a 1/2 of the game. That Marshall kid is a big factor for Hazen, I think he went for 30 points vs Bowman and he's a freshman!!!:shock::shock:

Killdeer and South heart can play very good ball as well, it just depends who shows up. And so far from what I've seen in the region no one can shoot the long ball better than Smith from Hettinger.
Last edited by West Dakota on Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:19 pm

It appears Bowman rebounded well from their loss.

BOWMAN 82, LEMMON, S.D., 33

Lemmon 9 17 19 33

Bowman 28 51 65 82

LEMMON (33): Jordan Kyale 6, Paul Schackow 2, Tyler Gluhm 8, Preston Zorc 2, Mason Dietterle 2, Dusty Peters 7, Elijah Sweitzer 2, Chris Goldsmith 4. Totals: 16-38 0-2 33.

BOWMAN (82): Payton Tivis 37, Donny Breen 8, Thomas Burke 6, Derek Pauley 14, Jordan Maher 4, Matt Bagle 2, Logan Cox 7, Alex Wolf 4. Totals: 32-67 12-15 82.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Boys