13 Year Old Babe Ruth State

HS and Legion ball in ND.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

13 Year Old Babe Ruth State

Postby GF Mover » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:09 pm

I heard that Grand Forks is the number one seed going into this weekend's 13 yr old state tourny. Who are the power team's in this tourny and why? Fargo is deep, and West Fargo is always a power, but haven't seen these two team's play much this year wondering how the East or West will fair this weekend?
GF Mover
NDPreps Rookie

Re: 13 Year Old Babe Ruth State

Postby eggman » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:12 pm

Minot and dickinson are the top 2 teams in the state. I would put GF at 3 and fargo at 4.after that there is not much depth in the state. I predict a minot dickinson championship game. Not sure which one will win since they are about dead even.
eggman

Postby GF Mover » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:31 am

With state a day away I'm suprised there hasn't been more posts, 13 yr. old baseball must not get much love! Minot and Fargo will be a great second round game, I predict it will be close. Dickinson and Grand Forks should be a great battle as well. I don't know what the staff's look like so it's hard to call. I have seen Bismarck and Mandan play and hope they can put something together because each team has a lot of heart! Whapeton and West Fargo are riddle's to me.
GF Mover
NDPreps Rookie

Postby eggman » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:54 pm

GF Mover wrote:With state a day away I'm suprised there hasn't been more posts, 13 yr. old baseball must not get much love! Minot and Fargo will be a great second round game, I predict it will be close. Dickinson and Grand Forks should be a great battle as well. I don't know what the staff's look like so it's hard to call. I have seen Bismarck and Mandan play and hope they can put something together because each team has a lot of heart! Whapeton and West Fargo are riddle's to me.
Dickinson and Grand forks will be a great game but i don't see minot and fargo being that close i will say 3 to 5 run win for minot
eggman

Postby GF Mover » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:24 pm

Mandan was beaten by Grand Forks this morning 11-0, I guess their pitcher must be pretty good, dude threw a no-no over five innings.
GF Mover
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Battle Hardened » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:40 pm

Fargo ended up winning State - they beat GF twice in this tournament - the second game (championship game) was not even close. They went on to defeat the MN State Champs - Minnetonka in the Regional tourney in Burlington IA. They then beat the Iowa team and lost a 1 run game to Denver (CO state champs). Fargo had very good hitting late in the year, solid pitching for ND, and what looked to be top notch coaching.
Battle Hardened
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Baseball