Best player in 2009

Re: Best player in 2009

Postby 7andpoo » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:30 pm

pitbull1821 wrote:High School Gatorade Player Of the Year = Lucas James Bumgarner of Wahpeton

Co-singed :lol:
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby dewey11 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:20 pm

Ok guys, this topic is "best player in 2009", anything said about anybody other than Cole Frenzel is irrelevant.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby P4KNBD » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:17 pm

7andpoo wrote:
pitbull1821 wrote:High School Gatorade Player Of the Year = Lucas James Bumgarner of Wahpeton

Co-singed :lol:

dude seriously? wahpeton huh? ha wow
P4KNBD
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bliz5 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:48 am

Well dewey11 . . . I guess to you the forum is closed. Frenzel is the best and every other player in this state who is just as good needs to bow at his feet!!! Give me a break. We'll see how the spring plays out for him and then you can continue the conversation.
Bliz5
NDPreps Rookie

Postby dewey11 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Bliz5 wrote:Well dewey11 . . . I guess to you the forum is closed. Frenzel is the best and every other player in this state who is just as good needs to bow at his feet!!! Give me a break. We'll see how the spring plays out for him and then you can continue the conversation.
Are you questioning that he's the best player? If so, I'd REALLY enjoy hearing that arguement. I'm not even from Dickinson and I know he's the best player in the state, hands down & no questions asked. He's going to the University of Arizona.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby clutch24 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:17 pm

dewey11 wrote:
Bliz5 wrote:Well dewey11 . . . I guess to you the forum is closed. Frenzel is the best and every other player in this state who is just as good needs to bow at his feet!!! Give me a break. We'll see how the spring plays out for him and then you can continue the conversation.
Are you questioning that he's the best player? If so, I'd REALLY enjoy hearing that arguement. I'm not even from Dickinson and I know he's the best player in the state, hands down & no questions asked. He's going to the University of Arizona.

I'm sure he knows, he's just sick of people worshiping him. Can't say I enjoy it either. If I was to guess where you are from by your recent posts, My first guess would be Dickinson. So, Cole Frenzel is the best player in 2009, now that we got that out of the way, Who are the Best Players in 2009, besides Frenzel.
...The day you take it for granted, Is the day you begin to fall...
clutch24
NDPreps Starter

Postby RSFAN6 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:28 am

Perfect game pitcher/catcher showcase 2009

http://www.pgcrosschecker.com/articles/ ... rticle=565

Last paragraph!
RSFAN6
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 09beckau » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:13 am

I've seen Frenzel play a few times and I've never been impressed. He swings to hit home runs every time and you won't be successful that way. Sure he's going to Arizona but really how much is he going to play.
09beckau
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 09beckau » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:32 am

i_see_it_all wrote:
Bliz5 wrote:Instead of worrying about who is the best in the state . . . lets hope ALL the boys get to have a season with all the snow that is still around! I give congrats to both Bollinger and Frenzel to being two awesome players and wish then both the best of luck in all they do with the college sports whether it be a JUCO or a D1.

Bollinger was sought after by many D1 schools to come play for them, but he opted JUCO to stay draft eligible and knowa he will get a lot of playing time rather than going to D1 and not get any playing time and also allows him to remain draft eligible and not have to wait until being a Junior at a D1.

I think both these boys have a great shot at the draft in June, but only time will tell. They could both have a really bad spring or they could both have an amazing spring, why don't people just wish them luck and not worry about who is the best in the state. They have enough pressure on them as it is without people saying things about them to bring them down.

I think North Dakota has a lot of amazing players for only getting to play for a short period of time during the year. The boys up here have heart and drive to be the best. I think because of young men like Lundy, Elgie, Tanner Lorenz (Harvey), Bollinger, Frenzel . . . the list goes on . . . that college and professional scouts are actually realizing that there is talent up here and it has opened the doors for younger players in North Dakota to get a chance to show their abilities when the scouts come to watch boys like the above-mentioned players. They don't come to just watch a few chosen ones . . . they are also watching to see what else is coming up behind them.

I dont know who your trying to fool, but bollinger isnt playing D1 because hes simply not good enough. lefty who thows 84 with no great offspeed stuff is just another pitcher. bollinger draft in june? :roll: come on.
bambino ur right, but its also posts like these that are ridiculous.

check the perfect game web sight on bollinger. hes throwing high 80's. he's not going to a D1 school right away because he actually wants to play on a college level. bollinger got talks from kansas, louisville, oregon state, alabama and a ton of other d1 schools. he's also being looked at for hitting. he did hit .440 with 10 homeruns last year.
09beckau
NDPreps Reserve

Postby riders » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:47 pm

09beckau...

Cole Frenzel is obviously successful in north dakota. yes, north dakota isn't D-1 but since he is going to Arizona he will obviously have the opportunity to improve himself through his coaches, ect. and if need be fix his "unsuccessful" swing
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby clutch24 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:44 am

I've talked to a couple of people who pitch against Frenzel. Everyone gets so mad when he crowds the plate. It's not your typical crowding of the plate, it's ridiculous.
...The day you take it for granted, Is the day you begin to fall...
clutch24
NDPreps Starter

Postby i_see_it_all » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:03 am

kind of like what barry bonds and many other big lefties do. yea those guys are "ridiculous", they should be penalized. :roll:

maybe if you whine a little more and ask him nicely he will back off for you.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby 7andpoo » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:54 am

How dare Cole Frenzel try to frustrate pitchers, he shouldn't cheat he should play on an equal playing field like everyone else.
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby Number7 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:46 pm

Ya, no doubt. Those pitchers who are whining about frenzel should learn better command and hit that inside corner.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby riders » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:16 pm

or they could hit him haha...if it happens often enough, he will back off the plate
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby i_see_it_all » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:59 pm

and then the opposing team's best player gets one back in the earhole. smart riders.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby 09beckau » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:20 am

most pitchers just need to grow a pair and get him off the plate. throw inside and if you hit him you hit him... who cares, he'll learn eventually. Establish that the plate is the pitchers and NOT the hitters. I've seen bollinger come inside on him all the time. if he crowds the plate that much he's asking for a ball to the ribs. oh and i_see_it_all... if the opposing team hits a kid in the head that's bush league... you NEVER hit a kid in the head, put it between the shoulder belt and the shoulder blades.your not looking to hurt someone... just showing who controls the game.
09beckau
NDPreps Reserve

Postby i_see_it_all » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:32 pm

09beckau wrote:most pitchers just need to grow a pair and get him off the plate. throw inside and if you hit him you hit him... who cares, he'll learn eventually. Establish that the plate is the pitchers and NOT the hitters. I've seen bollinger come inside on him all the time. if he crowds the plate that much he's asking for a ball to the ribs. oh and i_see_it_all... if the opposing team hits a kid in the head that's bush league... you NEVER hit a kid in the head, put it between the shoulder belt and the shoulder blades.your not looking to hurt someone... just showing who controls the game.

he'll learn eventually?? learn what? to back off the plate because a 76 mph fastball hit him? :roll:

learn the game of baseball kid. you dont throw at a star player or else your getting it worse in return. why do u think bonds never got hit. if you don't want to pitch to the kid, u walk him. (like everyone who actually know the game of baseball does). he's that good where he can stand on the plate if he wants and there's nothing any pitcher in ND can do about it.
and i guarantee the reason he stands so close to the plate is because the umps call strikes 5 inches off the plate. some of the strikes ive seen the kids dont even have a chance at.

So lets go over how horrible your post is real quick.
1. Have you seen north dakota pitching?. 90% of pitchers just try and get it over the plate, let alone try and spot up on the inside corner.
2. ok so a kid spots up on the inside corner. he doesnt throw nearly hard enough to bust him in and there goes your 76-81 mph fastball over the fence.
3. then you'll get a kid like jagim who thinks his 84 mph fastball is something special so he'll try and go right after him. thats like batting practice to a kid like frenzel.
bottom line if you want to bust a kid like cole inside you better have some jump on it, or its getting turned on and you might not see it again. when he gets to the next level he will have to make some adjustments, but for right now you'll just have to live with it.

and im pretty sure when frenzel comes to bat, thats his plate, not yours. ask around tough guy.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby 09beckau » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:37 pm

most pitchers in the state are scared to come inside on frenzel... you right. but 90% of pitchers just try to get it over the plate? thats crap. last year I was at the minot high/dickinson game when bollinger came inside on frenzel and hit him. i'm pretty sure it wasnt on purpose but its debatable. not one player from eaither team got hit after that. Im not sure who was throwing for dickinson but whoever didnt do a dang thing to protect him. looks like your "hit cole and get it worse" thing is crap.... tough guy.
09beckau
NDPreps Reserve

Postby riders » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:02 pm

09beckau wrote:most pitchers in the state are scared to come inside on frenzel... you right. but 90% of pitchers just try to get it over the plate? thats crap. last year I was at the minot high/dickinson game when bollinger came inside on frenzel and hit him. i'm pretty sure it wasnt on purpose but its debatable. not one player from eaither team got hit after that. Im not sure who was throwing for dickinson but whoever didnt do a dang thing to protect him. looks like your "hit cole and get it worse" thing is crap.... tough guy.

thats a garbage post...i was at the same game and when "god" aka elgie came up coach dobitz from dickinson said "DO YOU WANT US TO HIT HIM OR DO IT THE RIGHT WAY?" the umpires didnt like it much and put it down before it got out of hand. laylock was pitching, hes not that type of kid to go for revenge, but if you put someone who has a temper or is very defensive about his teammates, someone (star player) is gonna get hit. and please, i would be delighted to see a list of players who have the control of bollinger and laylock to put it where they want it all the time, not just get a strike or try to be outside. ill be waiting tough guy...
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby i_see_it_all » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:57 am

go away beckau. people are still talking about your red river championship in the hockey forum. baseball isnt for you gretzky.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby Number7 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:25 am

I agree that 90% of the pitchers trying to get it over the plate is crap. But ya if every pitch you throw the frenzel is a fastball of course he will turn on one on the inside corner. Thats why you set it up with effective off-speed pitches to change his eye level and timing, then try to bust him inside
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby i_see_it_all » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:34 am

Number7 wrote:I agree that 90% of the pitchers trying to get it over the plate is crap. But ya if every pitch you throw the frenzel is a fastball of course he will turn on one on the inside corner. Thats why you set it up with effective off-speed pitches to change his eye level and timing, then try to bust him inside

what is there 19-20 teams in the state? each team throws at least 5 pitchers during the year. thats 100 pitchers.

now im not alfred einstein, but you give me 10 names that can spot up when they want and that equals your 90%. i know your an ND pitcher, but your just not as good as your mom and dad tell you.

the more i think about it, its probably 95%, i can name 3-4 pitchers than can spot up when they want.
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:38 am

Who is Alfred Einstein?
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby i_see_it_all » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:45 am

obviously a joke u didnt pick up on.
i_see_it_all