BHS vs WHS

Teams of the West Region

Re: BHS vs WHS

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:02 pm

hockeyplaya wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:
Spoiler92 wrote:If you are hoping for a Bis-Willy game at state, it won't be for anything other than a shot at 5th, or for 5th, because both of them will not win first round games and for sure won't be playing for 1st.
Good Job Willy, but relax, it isn't tournament time yet, thats when it matters!

Ok I said I was done, but it doesn't matter how much I dislike any west team, I still like every west team 10x more than any east team and hearing this from a hardley 4th seed in the west I hope GPR gets the 3 seed in the east and I hope willy gets the 2 seed in the west cuz as much as I hate to say willy will win the 1-4 teams in the west can beat the 3-4 seeds out east...we already know your 1 seed lost

For once Sauce, I totally agree with you. I hate the east teams. Just whiny little you know whats. Now that we have a couple teams that can compete with them, it's going to be a fun state tourney to watch, and if you think no west team will make it past the first round, you are going to be very upset at state.

For sure, the only two semi scary teams in the east are South, and GFC...RR and GPR I feel are equivelent to the 1-4 teams in the west...
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:53 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
Spoiler92 wrote:If you are hoping for a Bis-Willy game at state, it won't be for anything other than a shot at 5th, or for 5th, because both of them will not win first round games and for sure won't be playing for 1st.
Good Job Willy, but relax, it isn't tournament time yet, thats when it matters!

Ok I said I was done, but it doesn't matter how much I dislike any west team, I still like every west team 10x more than any east team and hearing this from a hardley 4th seed in the west I hope GPR gets the 3 seed in the east and I hope willy gets the 2 seed in the west cuz as much as I hate to say willy will win the 1-4 teams in the west can beat the 3-4 seeds out east...we already know your 1 seed lost

Although I agree that Spoiler is going over the top on his prediction, I also don't think the West is as deep as you all believe it is compared to the East. The only blowout games that have occurred in the East this year have been South games, and most of them were close for a while in the game (4-1 win over Central was tight, 7-3 win over Grafton was close until late in second, and the second win over Red River was in the 3rd period until it broke to 6-3). When Central last played Red River, the only other 'blowout score', it happened to be a Red River lead for a majority of the game until Central finally broke through and got ahead, then RR left in two empty netters. This is basically the entirety of the non-close EDC games, and it gives credence to East's depth.
In comparing East/West teams, you're gonna have to wait until state when all the teams are playing to win. I do believe the 1/2 seed from the West could beat the 3/4 seeds from the East if they capitalize, but the East is going to be roaring by state.
The only games that were East/West so far this year that had any significance were Central against Minot in the first game of the year (Central won 3-2, out shooting Minot by double) and South against Bismarck, which had plenty of things going on that wouldn't happen at state. (Just take a peak at the threads on that game... really, South was playing people they shouldn't have)

Instead of holding grudges against other parts of the state, it'd be better to just make what predictions you believe and go with it instead of belittle others, since if you're wrong you'll look foolish, and that applies to both sides of the argument.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDsports13 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:08 pm

Its appreciated that people don't post if they don't know what they are talking about.

The game was NOT dominated by Williston. BHS had control of the puck 38 min out of 51 total.

But congrats to Willy for knocking off Bismarck. They capitalized on their chances Bismarck didn't. Evanson played very good too.
NDsports13
NDPreps Reserve

Postby goteam11 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:34 pm

NDsports13 wrote:Its appreciated that people don't post if they don't know what they are talking about.

The game was NOT dominated by Williston. BHS had control of the puck 38 min out of 51 total.

But congrats to Willy for knocking off Bismarck. They capitalized on their chances Bismarck didn't. Evanson played very good too.

38 minutes out of 51?? sounds like watching it would have seemed like bismarck was dominating but i guess the scoreboard doesnt indicate that
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby KyleJRM » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:19 pm

Williston was really putting in the effort on defense to keep Bismarck contained to the boards or regrouping in the neutral zone as often as possible.
KyleJRM
NDPreps Starter

Postby Unity77 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:37 pm

Saucesauer wrote:Ok I said I was done, but it doesn't matter how much I dislike any west team, I still like every west team 10x more than any east team and hearing this from a hardley 4th seed in the west I hope GPR gets the 3 seed in the east and I hope willy gets the 2 seed in the west cuz as much as I hate to say willy will win the 1-4 teams in the west can beat the 3-4 seeds out east...we already know your 1 seed lost

LOL! I've been following ND high school hockey for years and every year there is someone from the west claiming the same nonsense. Is it pride, arrogance, or just plain ignorance that causes one to make such claims?

Right now the #3 and #4 teams representing the east are G.F. Central and Grafton. Look at their quality of opponents compared to Bismarck High, Williston, Century, and Minot. Minot has beat Devils Lake who hasn't even come close to competing with the east's top 4 teams. Century has lost to West Fargo and Fargo North, which are both under .500. Williston hasn't even played a team from out east and we all know about Bismarck High's upset over Fargo South. Grafton, on the other hand, has played South, Blaine, Roseau, Bloomington Jefferson, Osseo, Warroad, Red River, and Central - all teams that are better than almost all those the west has to offer.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Orr4 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:53 pm

Unity77 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:Ok I said I was done, but it doesn't matter how much I dislike any west team, I still like every west team 10x more than any east team and hearing this from a hardley 4th seed in the west I hope GPR gets the 3 seed in the east and I hope willy gets the 2 seed in the west cuz as much as I hate to say willy will win the 1-4 teams in the west can beat the 3-4 seeds out east...we already know your 1 seed lost

LOL! I've been following ND high school hockey for years and every year there is someone from the west claiming the same nonsense. Is it pride, arrogance, or just plain ignorance that causes one to make such claims?

Right now the #3 and #4 teams representing the east are G.F. Central and Grafton. Look at their quality of opponents compared to Bismarck High, Williston, Century, and Minot. Minot has beat Devils Lake who hasn't even come close to competing with the east's top 4 teams. Century has lost to West Fargo and Fargo North, which are both under .500. Williston hasn't even played a team from out east and we all know about Bismarck High's upset over Fargo South. Grafton, on the other hand, has played South, Blaine, Roseau, Bloomington Jefferson, Osseo, Warroad, Red River, and Central - all teams that are better than almost all those the west has to offer.

Please explain to me how a team like Williston would be able to play an east team? Whose gonna travel for the game? Are they going to play at a neutral site or will one of the teams have to travel 6 hours across the state? If any team would travel it would most likely be Williston because all the east teams are too stuck up and would not want to come out to the west...to them it would be a waste of time. The only way Williston gets to play east teams is by playing Minot and the Bismarcks, teams that do play the east. They find out where they are in the state by how they play against those teams. They work with what they have...just like the east works with what they have.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby SportsDoc » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:43 pm

Unity77 wrote:Right now the #3 and #4 teams representing the east are G.F. Central and Grafton. Look at their quality of opponents compared to Bismarck High, Williston, Century, and Minot. Minot has beat Devils Lake who hasn't even come close to competing with the east's top 4 teams. Century has lost to West Fargo and Fargo North, which are both under .500. Williston hasn't even played a team from out east and we all know about Bismarck High's upset over Fargo South. Grafton, on the other hand, has played South, Blaine, Roseau, Bloomington Jefferson, Osseo, Warroad, Red River, and Central - all teams that are better than almost all those the west has to offer.

You really should mention that G/PR's record against said teams as of today is 1-8.
SportsDoc
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:56 pm

SportsDoc wrote:
Unity77 wrote:Right now the #3 and #4 teams representing the east are G.F. Central and Grafton. Look at their quality of opponents compared to Bismarck High, Williston, Century, and Minot. Minot has beat Devils Lake who hasn't even come close to competing with the east's top 4 teams. Century has lost to West Fargo and Fargo North, which are both under .500. Williston hasn't even played a team from out east and we all know about Bismarck High's upset over Fargo South. Grafton, on the other hand, has played South, Blaine, Roseau, Bloomington Jefferson, Osseo, Warroad, Red River, and Central - all teams that are better than almost all those the west has to offer.

You really should mention that G/PR's record against said teams as of today is 1-8.

Shame that Roseau took such a nosedive this year in talent. Loss of Lee and Ness hurt them far worse than they thought it would, especially with injuries in their top line this year.
Either way, Unity is simply pointing out that Central/Grafton/RR/South consistently play very, very talented teams out of the east and Minnesota that keeps them playing at a higher level of competition. Because West teams can't get this exposure, it can hurt them when it comes down to having to play throughout the WDA and into State, without taking games/periods off.
This is the same as for why ND teams would struggle in Minnesota. Minnesota teams consistently play highly ranked teams and must play through (for the most part of the conferences) a difficult conference match up before they can even make it to state, and then face the eight team bracket of some of the best HS teams in the country.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Unity77 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:58 pm

SportsDoc wrote:You really should mention that G/PR's record against said teams as of today is 1-8.

Way to completely miss my point genius. Grafton may be 1 - 8 against said teams, but they would more than likely be 9-0 (maybe 8-1) against the western competition. Furthermore, having the opportunity to play (and lose) to some of those MN schools means much more than taking on some team(s) out west.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby central hockey fan » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:12 pm

hey guys, it really doesn't matter does it? When you make the trip to GF and you have to play an EDC team, it's gonna be all over for you anyway.
central hockey fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_truth_hurts » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:28 pm

central hockey fan wrote:hey guys, it really doesn't matter does it? When you make the trip to GF and you have to play an EDC team, it's gonna be all over for you anyway.

hey where was central come state tourny time last year? oh thats right they didnt make it im sorry. wouldnt be suprised if they lose first round this year to a west team if they even make it to state. if they play bhs they will definetly lose. -Edit-
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:03 pm

No need to name call. Central got knocked out last year because South lost to Devils Lake (whose goaltender stood on his head). This basically screwed over Central since the brackets make the loser of the DL/South game go into the bracket for the state play-in game against Central. It was basically a fight between the 3rd and 4th seed in the state to get into the tournament. It's not meant to be that way, and one of them had to get knocked out, and that was Central. Instead of Central (who probably would have been able to take 4th in state), North got into State, which also helped Bismarck get past the first round much more easily.

Bismarck this year will likely be the first seed, and will likely have to play against Grafton first round. It's far more difficult for a West team to do well in state simply because the east is more deep, and that means they have to play 3 difficult games straight to win State, whereas the East teams generally get one game that is easier than playing East competition. However, there have been some close games in these quarterfinal games before, like Red River having trouble a few years ago in the first round, having to win in the last 2 minutes.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:50 pm

Well BHS did their part in a 8-1 dismanteling of CHS, However will WHS do the same? Minot is cleaning the ice with them after 2, the score is 7-1 or you could say its Bryce Schmidt winning 5-1 right now...Looks like I wont eat my words for another week at least!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:56 am

central hockey fan wrote:hey guys, it really doesn't matter does it? When you make the trip to GF and you have to play an EDC team, it's gonna be all over for you anyway.

didn't BHS already beat you number 1 seed from the EDC... not saying it will happen but i am saying it could happen
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:08 pm

The back up goalie for south was playing also and plus im just waiting for the excuse " we had to sleep in a hotel and there were kids running in the halls"

Hopefullyno coaches go out and get plasterd this year on thursday nite
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:51 pm

gfhockey wrote:The back up goalie for south was playing also and plus im just waiting for the excuse " we had to sleep in a hotel and there were kids running in the halls"

Hopefullyno coaches go out and get plasterd this year on thursday nite

The kids in the hall is valid, lets see how GF plays on 4 hours of sleep so spare me!
And its ok BHS has a class act for a coach :wink:
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:52 pm

And arnt you here to moderate and not stir up stuff??? :?
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to WDA