DAC baseball

No smack talk is allowed here.

DAC baseball

Postby Baseballfan35 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:15 pm

Any thoughts on the upcoming season? Again, it's going to be a very competitive conference. I think Dickinson and Mayville are the frontrunners and everything after that is a toss up. Minot State and VCSU could surprise a lot of people though.
Baseballfan35

Re: DAC baseball

Postby toddjames » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:56 pm

Yeah it should be up in the air... Minot State has a lot coming back, including Curt Stasiw (I think that's how you spell it)... big time RBI guy, Weppler was real excited about him coming back to a team that was already looking solid... hopefully they can put it together because they will have the talent...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Willy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:22 am

Baseballfan35 wrote:Any thoughts on the upcoming season? Again, it's going to be a very competitive conference. I think Dickinson and Mayville are the frontrunners and everything after that is a toss up. Minot State and VCSU could surprise a lot of people though.

Wow, where did you come up with those favorites? Jamestown is picked in the coaches poll, and the only DAC team, ranked nationally, (23rd in the country) Jamestown really turned it on last spring, going all the way to the NAIA World Series.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby greatbambino » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:23 pm

1. Jamestown (its jamestown, they make a run every year because hager is able to recruit good players every year)
2. Mayville (a lot of tradition with winning in their program and i think berry makes it apparent to his kids)
3. Dakota State (losing biagi and burpee could hurt them this year but they do a decent job of reloading)
4. Dickinson (this team could drop down to 6 if they struggle. this team has issues on and off the field)
5. Minot (potential to climb if they can put together wins like they did at the end of last season)
6. Valley City (return something like 6 players from last years team. something just isnt going right with the program)
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:09 pm

The defending conference champions kick-off their season at the Metrodome this weekend. I believe they had a game early this morning but haven't heard how that went yet. They play again tommorrow as well. Go Comets!
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 7andpoo » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:53 pm

And Mayville starts the season off on as poor note getting swept by concordia university st. paul. Meanwhile Dickinson State has beaten national powerhouse lewis and clark state a couple weeks ago, and Jamestown college is off to a 2-0 start sweeping Bethel before going to florida.
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:50 pm

Mayville state might have a rough start early on because of their youthful pitching staff, but they are still my favorite to win the Dac.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball4life » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:03 pm

So far this year, here are the Standings (According to the DAC website):
1. Jamestown 1-0 in the DAC (12-2)
2. Dickinson State 6-2 DAC (15-10)
3. Minot State 1-3 DAC (3-10
Mayville State 1-3 DAC (8-11)
4. Dakota State 0-0 DAC (12-11)
5. Valley City 0-1 DAC (4-7)

I am not sure if they were DAC games but Minot State split tonight with Jamestown.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:26 pm

On Wednesday Mayville and Dakota State split.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Big Blue » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:52 am

I saw jamestown and minot play the other night and wasn't overly impressed with either. Jamestown has an excellent hitting team but no pitching at all and minot was average at best in general.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Willy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:08 pm

A 45 mph wind blowing out and 50 degrees made it almost impossible for pitchers to prove anything in the first two Minot-Jamestown games. A combined 15 pitchers were used in the 2 games and 48 runs were scored. I would rate JC pitching average by DAC standards, and you are right their hitting is unbelievably good scoring 215 runs in 22 games.
Willy
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges