Coach Ibach of Fargo Post 2

Re: Coach Ibach of Fargo Post 2

Postby anyballgame45 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:07 pm

To 7andpoo:
I agree it would be difficult for coach Ibach to make hitters out of players he can only work with for 2 months. The blame certainly begins with the Babe Ruth program, so who's in charge of the Babe ruth program?

To KingJames:
Judging by some of the prior comments I find hard to disagree with people who opted to play USSSA. After all wasn't some of the best players from Post 2 last year from one of those USSSA teams?
anyballgame45
NDPreps Starter

Postby shs01240 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:21 pm

greatbambino wrote:
7andpoo wrote:"Ibach coached Post 2 for eight seasons and posted a 449-165-1 record with the team. He also led Post 2 to the North Dakota Class A Legion title in 2005."

a roughly .730 winning percentage gets you fired. wow

A.) he wasnt fired. that would require him to have been retaining the position and having his position terminated. he simply wasnt renewed.
B.) where was the program headed? the .730 winning percentage is great and all, but the program always finished the season in mediocrity by failing to win state. the program had one state championship in 8 years. minot has had 4 in that time period. do you play to win the most games possible or state championships?

shs01240 wrote:Let's keep in mind whiny parents isn't an exclusively South thing. That said, I wish people would move past their petty complaints and realize NO coach puts "his" players in a game for the sake of getting them experience if it means the team has to lose.

I already feel sorry for coach Fiechtner. The guy hasn't even coached a freakin game and he has to deal with childish politics.

are you assuming the team is going to lose by putting those players in?
the south parents point was made because the south parents have already complained about this before and paid their way into getting their own team. get ready for the horace legion team to be created so they can have it their way again.

at least the players will have fun the entire season now.

I wasn't very clear in presenting my idea. It's my assumption (maybe I'm wrong) that coaches want to win above all else and decide who plays where and when is ultimately aimed at giving their team the best opportunity to win. Simply put, the best play. It shouldn't matter what school they come from. Talent is talent.

On a separate point, it was my understanding that the alternative babe ruth team that was made by south parents was made as an attempt to expose their kids to better competition. Please, correct me if I'm wrong. If I am right, I fail to see how that logic transfers over to creating a new legion team in Fargo.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kingjames » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:21 am

anyballgame45 wrote:To 7andpoo:
I agree it would be difficult for coach Ibach to make hitters out of players he can only work with for 2 months. The blame certainly begins with the Babe Ruth program, so who's in charge of the Babe ruth program?

To KingJames:
Judging by some of the prior comments I find hard to disagree with people who opted to play USSSA. After all wasn't some of the best players from Post 2 last year from one of those USSSA teams?

which players if any besides mike jones played on a USSSA team?..
kingjames
NDPreps Starter

Postby dead ball era » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:32 am

What is USSSA?
Is this heaven? It's Iowa. - Field of Dreams
dead ball era
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatbambino » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:56 pm

dead ball era wrote:What is USSSA?

why are you kids so lazy? if you have the time to read this forum you could take the extra 30 seconds pop up google in a tab and do a quick search.

http://www.usssa.com/sports/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USSSA
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby Number7 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:52 am

Its also where almost every other state's top youth players play instead of babe ruth and cal ripken
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball101 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:55 pm

Number7 wrote:Its also where almost every other state's top youth players play instead of babe ruth and cal ripken

That is true, USSSA is extremely popular outside of North Dakota
baseball101
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatbambino » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:17 am

Number7 wrote:Its also where almost every other state's top youth players play instead of babe ruth and cal ripken

that doesn't say much for west fargo's babe ruth teams that have gone deep into the babe ruth tournaments.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby anyballgame45 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:22 pm

King James:

Gefroh, Wawers and Achter are a few others who played USSSA. Wasn't Gefroh and Wawers Bombers Co-MVP last season?

Within USSSA you can play class A, AA or AAA or Major. They also have the Elite division. Within the USSSA format Babe Ruth is considered Class A baseball.
anyballgame45
NDPreps Starter

Postby Number7 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:09 pm

greatbambino wrote:

that doesn't say much for west fargo's babe ruth teams that have gone deep into the babe ruth tournaments.

Actually, those kids play in a variety of USSSA tournaments throughout the summer in Sioux City, IA, the twin cities, and Omaha, NE against alot of the best USSSA teams in the Midwest and sometimes the country. They have never taken less than 3rd against what a normally all-star teams from an entire state, since they compete as a AA against all AAA or Major teams. I would still say its a heck of an accomplishment and a credit to North Dakota baseball. Those kids have made the state proud by showing how we can play ball. Plus once you get to the later rounds of regional tournaments and all of the world series, those teams are as good or better than any USSSA team you can find.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby kingjames » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:12 am

anyballgame45 wrote:King James:

Gefroh, Wawers and Achter are a few others who played USSSA. Wasn't Gefroh and Wawers Bombers Co-MVP last season?

Within USSSA you can play class A, AA or AAA or Major. They also have the Elite division. Within the USSSA format Babe Ruth is considered Class A baseball.

anyballgame45: yes im aware that those kids played USSSA but were talking legion ball here.. the big boys not the 16 yr. old team
kingjames
NDPreps Starter

Postby northdakotasports07 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:26 pm

i have heard from numerous amounts of players that by the end of the year Ibach has practically gave up on the season. Fargo has had one of the most talented teams in the state and i go to many of their games and it is not often they get swept in doubleheaders or sometimes even beat. they have had so much potential and Ibach throws it away during the state tournament. it was time for a change. and yes Jagim and Schweigert and Jones definately deserved to be on the team. Jagim was their best player and played with heart every game.
northdakotasports07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby greatbambino » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:32 pm

northdakotasports07 wrote:i have heard from numerous amounts of players that by the end of the year Ibach has practically gave up on the season. Fargo has had one of the most talented teams in the state and i go to many of their games and it is not often they get swept in doubleheaders or sometimes even beat. they have had so much potential and Ibach throws it away during the state tournament. it was time for a change. and yes Jagim and Schweigert and Jones definately deserved to be on the team. Jagim was their best player and played with heart every game.

what makes you think he was the best player on the field? of the awards given out for post 2, he has yet to win any of them. the players didnt vote him mvp. the coaches, two of which have coached him for a few years now, didnt give him the hustle award. back up your claims if youre going to spout off something like that.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby 75ford » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:07 pm

greatbambino wrote:
northdakotasports07 wrote:i have heard from numerous amounts of players that by the end of the year Ibach has practically gave up on the season. Fargo has had one of the most talented teams in the state and i go to many of their games and it is not often they get swept in doubleheaders or sometimes even beat. they have had so much potential and Ibach throws it away during the state tournament. it was time for a change. and yes Jagim and Schweigert and Jones definately deserved to be on the team. Jagim was their best player and played with heart every game.

what makes you think he was the best player on the field? of the awards given out for post 2, he has yet to win any of them. the players didnt vote him mvp. the coaches, two of which have coached him for a few years now, didnt give him the hustle award. back up your claims if youre going to spout off something like that.

Well said Greatbambino, From what I know Jagim was brought in as a 14 yr. old as a bomber and has already played 2 seasons for Post 2 and has 2 seasons left. He is a good player but is he that much better than his team mates? I would say there are players that certainly are stronger than him in his pitching skills, and he is above average at the plate. He is not as fast as the Fahey. But he does have his ups and downs also in hitting. just my $.02. He is not the MVP
75ford
NDPreps Starter

Postby 7andpoo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:54 pm

greatbambino wrote:

If by playing with heart every game, you mean crying like a b#@$% and not giving a crap what the team did, as long as he did good, then yes I agree, he played with miles and miles of heart.
7andpoo
NDPreps Starter

Postby kingjames » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:48 am

i dont think he really "cried like a b#@$%" he more less wore his emotions on his sleeve and when he didnt preform well he let you know.. but to say that he didnt give a crap is wrong he wants to win just like the other 18 guys on that team did
kingjames
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:46 pm

Coach Ibach isn't with Fargo Post 2 anymore. Time to close this topic.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Class A