Pigskin Preview

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby point/center » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:42 am

As the week unfolds some teams will have 3 games under their belt and still no ND Pigskin Preview. It is the only comprehensive state wide preview. I enjoy local newspaper previews, but not having the Pig really blows.....
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:46 am

called them this AM. hope to have it out this week.....yeah....and I hope to win the freakin' lottery too!

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:57 am

i am disappointed. I was hoping to spend a few early AMs paging through it before the season began.

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saas25 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:00 pm

Ray Maloney usually writes it.. and sometimes he isn't on top of things... like this year. 
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby Y-not Daily » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:48 pm

I know it's tough to get ahold of football coaches during the summer, but IMO, you have to do everything you possibly can to get that thing on news stands by two weeks before the season begins.

People really have a lot of interest in that stuff in late July and August, but once the games start, who needs a preview??

It wasn't as bad as last year when the "Dig It!" volleyball magizine came out in the latter half of the season.

Y-not Daily

Postby Ming01 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:14 pm

If he really cared about the fans the pigskin would be out already.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:26 pm

mr malony would have gotten it out but it is tough to get it out when he only gets 3 responses from the coaches in the east dont blame him he sent out plenty of letters to the coaches who didnt respond
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:49 pm

Read the post under the 9-man forum. I know coaches are willing to get the info to him, I cant imagine they would be too busy to do so as long as they are given advanced timing.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:44 am

he needs everyones stuff he hadnt gotten like 3 of the easts coaches info back yet thats why

hes already started the hockey one during the summer and had to send like 4 or 5 letters to a couple coaches and still hasnt gotten a respose
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:06 pm

speaking from experience...sending letters isn't enough. my guess is about 65 percent of coaches get their stuff back in time. other than that, you make phone calls and usually end up calling three or four people before you get the one you need to talk to.

it not cool, but that is the nature of the beast.
rep

Postby point/center » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:23 pm

rep wrote:speaking from experience...sending letters isn't enough. my guess is about 65 percent of coaches get their stuff back in time. other than that, you make phone calls and usually end up calling three or four people before you get the one you need to talk to.

and Ray knows that going into it. this is not his first go at it. if you he wants to make money off it, he needs to do what needs to be done. call, write, email.

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Y-not Daily » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:19 pm

rep wrote:speaking from experience...sending letters isn't enough. my guess is about 65 percent of coaches get their stuff back in time. other than that, you make phone calls and usually end up calling three or four people before you get the one you need to talk to.

Agree 100 percent... Just because only a few coaches respond via mail doesn't mean you should just give up the ghost... You gotta get on the phone and tell some people to get their s^!t in.
Y-not Daily

Postby ndsubisonfan » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:41 pm

I recieved the Pigskin Preview about a week ago. Decently done job, although i think it could've had more on the teams its previewing, rather than 10000000000 pages of sponsors, but i guess that's how you make the money to make the book.
ndsubisonfan

Return to Hot Topics