Top 10 QB's next year in EDC

The teams in Class AAA

Re: Top 10 QB's next year in EDC

Postby sportsman101 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:04 am

yes bruns was number 10 on sophomore.... and he does have a cannon. he can sling the ball around pretty good. has some accuracy. if the recievers can catch the ball he should have a great year
sportsman101
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Stormtrooper » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:45 pm

none compare to zach wentz from century. sorry about this, but talk about some boring football next year for north dakota.
Stormtrooper

Postby truballa4life » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:13 pm

ya there is no other way to look at it, north dakota AAA football talent level next season is not even gonna be close to this seasons
truballa4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby heisman10 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:34 pm

anybody have an idea for the best edc quarterbacks next year?
heisman10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 14>35 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:26 pm

south and RR's will be pretty good
14>35
NDPreps Starter

Postby bluecrush579 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:54 pm

heisman10 wrote:anybody have an idea for the best edc quarterbacks next year?

Well as far as i know Jamestown will be moving to the east next and they will have Senior QB Michael Bangs returning
bluecrush579
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Jarudy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:05 pm

Byrce Jorgenson will be THE best qb is the EDC next year. I will personally guarantee it. Thornton may be best in state, but Bryce will be the best.
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jarudy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:07 pm

truballa4life wrote:ya there is no other way to look at it, north dakota AAA football talent level next season is not even gonna be close to this seasons

EDIT: My mistake, I didnt see the date
Last edited by Jarudy on Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby bluecrush579 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:43 pm

Jarudy wrote:Byrce Jorgenson will be THE best qb is the EDC next year. I will personally guarantee it. Thornton may be best in state, but Bryce will be the best.

How do you expect this Byrce jorgenson kid to be the best in the state let alone in the EDC? i have neversee nhim play but he doesn't put up near the numbers several other Quarterbacks that will be returning did last year. I think him being the best in the EDC next year is even far fetched.
bluecrush579
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:35 pm

god jarudy..you are CLUELESS. why dont you look at the date of the posts before you criticize someone for saying something? that comment was in january of 2008..referring that the class of 08 is way better than the class of 09 so the football season was going to have a lot less talent this year(fall of 2008) than last year(fall of 2007)
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby Dawg245 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:23 pm

Sam King from RR should have a big year next year. Also Michael Bangs a had a very good Junior year and should definately make Jamestown a playoff team in the EDC with Piatz to throw it to.

I want to say Larson will have a good year from South, but IMO he's got to work on his release. His release is probably the slowest one i've seen from a starting varsity QB. For him to be a top QB he needs to work on his release and work on his speed too for him to scramble if necessary
Dawg245
NDPreps Starter

Postby Stunna101 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:36 pm

bluecrush579 wrote:

Well as far as i know Jamestown will be moving to the east next and they will have Senior QB Michael Bangs returning

I heard that he might have his job taken away by a kid who has never played quarterback before.. his name is Andrew Peterson.. Rumor has it that all he does in his spare time is throw the pig around with friends and lifts for next year.. By the sounds of it this kid has real determination and a LOT of heart, something jamesotwn has been lacking in the QB role the last few years...
Stunna101

Postby Jarudy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:44 pm

bluecrush579 wrote:
Jarudy wrote:Byrce Jorgenson will be THE best qb is the EDC next year. I will personally guarantee it. Thornton may be best in state, but Bryce will be the best.

How do you expect this Byrce jorgenson kid to be the best in the state let alone in the EDC? i have neversee nhim play but he doesn't put up near the numbers several other Quarterbacks that will be returning did last year. I think him being the best in the EDC next year is even far fetched.

He split time at qb and will be the returning starter next year for WF. His first year getting playing time was a little iffy sometimes with a couple of picks and he doesnt have that many great stats because, like I said, he split time.

I dont know, I'm not him, and he determines how good he will be, all I know is that I'm blocking for him and that he should be pretty good next year.
Jarudy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Stunna101 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:38 pm

PickSix wrote:
Stunna101 wrote:
bluecrush579 wrote:

I heard that he might have his job taken away by a kid who has never played quarterback before.. his name is Andrew Peterson.. Rumor has it that all he does in his spare time is throw the pig around with friends and lifts for next year.. By the sounds of it this kid has real determination and a LOT of heart, something jamesotwn has been lacking in the QB role the last few years...

I have noticed that Jamestown has been lacking a bit in the QB since that big armed kid a few years back. So this Peterson fella, does he have good measurables (height, weight, speed, strength, accuracy) or is he one of them guys who plans on inspiring the others on offense with his heart and determination?

6'2", 180, more of a scrambling type QB but when he sits in the pocket is where he does well.. good looking throw and you can just tell when you see him touch the leather that he can really take over a game, keeping opposing teams' secondary guessing all day.. But if he and the coach dont get along, he will most likely not get the start as QB because coach has a tendency to play his favorites.. Shold be an interesting year if they give Peterson the nod
Stunna101

Postby Moos66 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:16 pm

andrew peterson will not be the starting qb at jamestown next year if even if he does play. he wont be able to take a hit and he hasnt played football in at least 3 years. there is no doubt that Bangs will start but Jordan Lynch should also see some time at qb next year among other spots. the whole andrew peterson thing is just a rumor.
Moos66
NDPreps Rookie

Postby of course » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:39 pm

Stunna101 wrote:
PickSix wrote:
Stunna101 wrote:
bluecrush579 wrote:

I have noticed that Jamestown has been lacking a bit in the QB since that big armed kid a few years back. So this Peterson fella, does he have good measurables (height, weight, speed, strength, accuracy) or is he one of them guys who plans on inspiring the others on offense with his heart and determination?

6'2", 180, more of a scrambling type QB but when he sits in the pocket is where he does well.. good looking throw and you can just tell when you see him touch the leather that he can really take over a game, keeping opposing teams' secondary guessing all day.. But if he and the coach dont get along, he will most likely not get the start as QB because coach has a tendency to play his favorites.. Shold be an interesting year if they give Peterson the nod

He is tall but there is no way he is 180 I saw him in basketball this year and he is just a skinny one. id say 165
of course
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Plays4keeps » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:28 am

for red river the returning quarterback is sam king he was in the top three in most of the major qb passing catorgories, and returns almost all of his recievers but only one starting linemen returns
Plays4keeps
NDPreps Starter

Postby dillseeds » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:43 am

Any idea who centrals going to put in the quarterback position this upcoming season?
dillseeds
NDPreps Starter

Postby dewey11 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:59 pm

I think Elway00719 just wanted to see if someone would post his name on this topic.
dewey11
NDPreps Starter

Postby magicman_013 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:43 am

Red River's Sam King is pretty good but he isn't as agile as I would like to see. He has a cannon. Personally I think the coaching staff should be looking at starting Matt Hanson(he will be a juinor). Don't get me wrong, Sam is good and smart but I think Matt has a better and faster release. He is also smarter once he gets outside the pocket.
magicman_013
NDPreps Rookie

Postby dillseeds » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:01 am

magicman_013 wrote:Red River's Sam King is pretty good but he isn't as agile as I would like to see. He has a cannon. Personally I think the coaching staff should be looking at starting Matt Hanson(he will be a juinor). Don't get me wrong, Sam is good and smart but I think Matt has a better and faster release. He is also smarter once he gets outside the pocket.

False, no way on this earth that coach muir is going to start Matt Hanson over Sam King. Sam was in the top 3 in every major statistic for quarterbacks in the edc this year. No coach in there right mind would trade a quarterback with a full years experience for a jv quarterback thats never seen the field. I'm not saying that Matt Hanson is not a good quarterback by any means, but unless King gets hurt, theres no way Hanson sees anything but the pine at Cushman next year, (unless RR's 30 points ahead or behind that is)
dillseeds
NDPreps Starter

Postby Plays4keeps » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:40 pm

dillseeds wrote:
magicman_013 wrote:Red River's Sam King is pretty good but he isn't as agile as I would like to see. He has a cannon. Personally I think the coaching staff should be looking at starting Matt Hanson(he will be a juinor). Don't get me wrong, Sam is good and smart but I think Matt has a better and faster release. He is also smarter once he gets outside the pocket.

False, no way on this earth that coach muir is going to start Matt Hanson over Sam King. Sam was in the top 3 in every major statistic for quarterbacks in the edc this year. No coach in there right mind would trade a quarterback with a full years experience for a jv quarterback thats never seen the field. I'm not saying that Matt Hanson is not a good quarterback by any means, but unless King gets hurt, theres no way Hanson sees anything but the pine at Cushman next year, (unless RR's 30 points ahead or behind that is)

you know what i agree with magicman i have heard that muir is actually starting matt hanson and from the jv games i have seen he is very solid and against south after south was up by like 30 and hanson went in they scored on the first play.
Plays4keeps
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller_2010 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:41 am

bluecrush579 wrote:

Didn't he throw like 25 INTs last year?
Baller_2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby dillseeds » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:44 pm

Plays4keeps wrote:
dillseeds wrote:

you know what i agree with magicman i have heard that muir is actually starting matt hanson and from the jv games i have seen he is very solid and against south after south was up by like 30 and hanson went in they scored on the first play.

you make a valid point, they actually did score on the first play hanson got in, oon a 56 yard run made by one of the back up running backs. But your right, if it wasn't for hanson's "beautiful" hand off there's no way they would've scored he single handedly made that play for the riders
dillseeds
NDPreps Starter

Postby bluecrush579 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:42 pm

Baller_2010 wrote:
bluecrush579 wrote:

Didn't he throw like 25 INTs last year?

I think that number was more around 13 INTs which still isn't good
bluecrush579
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to AAA