D1 recruiting in ND

No smack talk is allowed here.

D1 recruiting in ND

Postby PlayHard-KHCO » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:32 pm

There is a lot of talk about the ND boys on the bison- anyone have some insight on who the Bison are heavily recruiting? The sioux?

If you know of some- what school are they from and which position are they being looked at?

Just wondering who to watch for in the next couple years.
Last edited by PlayHard-KHCO on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer."
John Madden
PlayHard-KHCO
NDPreps Starter

Re: D1 recruiting in ND

Postby balla45 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:47 pm

Not sure about how heavy for some of them...Hanstad obviously...Kielpinski...I have heard Savageau and Schreiner...Also have heard UND might be interested in Mike White from Moorhead.

I'm not sure how reliable all of this information is, most of it is second hand, however, my sources are usually pretty accurate.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:52 am

Brandon Jemeson for Football
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby AAAsportsfan » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:15 pm

I don't think SU is recruiting too heavily in the state right now. Most of the guys at their camp this summer were from a variety of other states.
AAAsportsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PlayHard-KHCO » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:27 pm

AAAsportsfan wrote:I don't think SU is recruiting too heavily in the state right now. Most of the guys at their camp this summer were from a variety of other states.

A lot of kids from Wisconsin and MN- There has to be some horses out in the Harvey or Carrington area...seems like there is always a lineman coming from there.
John Madden
PlayHard-KHCO
NDPreps Starter

Postby mjwanab » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:42 pm

Heard that both NDSU and UND are after Andrew Grothman from Hillsboro for LB.
mjwanab
NDPreps Starter

Postby PlayHard-KHCO » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:39 am

mjwanab wrote:Heard that both NDSU and UND are after Andrew Grothman from Hillsboro for LB.

Heard the same- but possibly for runningback at NDSU
John Madden
PlayHard-KHCO
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:14 pm

PlayHard-KHCO wrote:
mjwanab wrote:Heard that both NDSU and UND are after Andrew Grothman from Hillsboro for LB.

Heard the same- but possibly for runningback at NDSU

I heard NDSU wants him to play fullback, they are comparing him to Lee Vandal who they brought in 3 years ago from Rolla.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball18 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:27 am

Dont know his name but the Bison are going for some football player fro Richardton-Taylor

Hanstad for bball obviously

Bollinger for baseball
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby FSHBruins10 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:11 pm

Jemison will be going to NDSU more than likely.

NDSU recruits more out of the Wis. and MN area. NDSU picked up a couple 2 star players. One where Boston College and Washington State were trying to recruit.

Its been a good recruiting season for the BISON recently with some good verbals.
Strive for Excellence
122 State Championships and counting...
BRUIN PRIDE
FSHBruins10
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:24 am

k...have a quesiton that i dont really believe but never know. Is NDSU looking at Koylon? Miller from Grant County? dont really believe this but this is what his sister tells me...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby FSHBruins10 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:10 am

baseball wrote:k...have a quesiton that i dont really believe but never know. Is NDSU looking at Koylon? Miller from Grant County? dont really believe this but this is what his sister tells me...

No, his name is not listed on the offers from NDSU, nor is it listed in the interests from rivals.com
Strive for Excellence
BRUIN PRIDE
FSHBruins10
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:47 am

baseball wrote:k...have a quesiton that i dont really believe but never know. Is NDSU looking at Koylon? Miller from Grant County? dont really believe this but this is what his sister tells me...

depends on how she defines "looking at". there are plenty of ppl that NDSU "looks at", but was he offered a scholly? No... Bisonville has the offers listed...
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:38 pm

baseball18 wrote:

depends on how she defines "looking at". there are plenty of ppl that NDSU "looks at", but was he offered a scholly? No... Bisonville has the offers listed...

hasnt said anything about being offered...just that they have contacted him. if anyone as seen him play what kinda player is he?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:13 pm

baseball wrote:
baseball18 wrote:

hasnt said anything about being offered...just that they have contacted him. if anyone as seen him play what kinda player is he?

What sport?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby fbballa » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:38 pm

From the sounds of it I am going to guess it is one of those letters sent out to practically everyone.
Last edited by fbballa on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
fbballa
NDPreps Starter

Postby flatlander » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:07 am

It's actually really hard to find out who NDSU is recruiting in North Dakota - other states have recruiting sites tracking down kids but there is nothing like that in North Dakota (bisonville.com can't do it because that would almost certainly be an NCAA violation). Heck, North Dakota high school ball might as well not exist for all the attention rivals.com, espn.com, etc. give it.

This means that there are probably offers that we won't hear about until the students in question make a verbal commitment - I heard that UND has 22 offers out there and I've only heard about a couple of them (then again, I'm only looking for NDSU offers so I only run into UND offers when both schools are going after the same kid). I figure NDSU must have 20-30 offers out there too and I've only heard of 16, plus they are definitely recruiting others in case the kids they've offered end up picking another school.

All I know is that whoever is evaluating talent in North Dakota for NDSU is doing a great job - almost all of the ND kids NDSU signs end up on the field early - and guys like Vandal and Buckman (Rolla and Killdeer) - I don't think that many other schools were even giving them much of a look.
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:36 am

balla45 wrote:
baseball wrote:
baseball18 wrote:

What sport?

basketball...sorry
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:16 pm

baseball wrote:
balla45 wrote:
baseball wrote:
baseball18 wrote:

What sport?

basketball...sorry

I don't think he started last year. NDSU is looking at players like Hanstad.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby flatlander » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:33 am

Ooooh, didn't know that we were talking about basketball. DI recuits in BB are a little more rare - if a guy is good enough to play for NDSU or UND, more often than not, he is going to get other DI offers too. So while NDSU recruited Dufault from Killdeer and Hennessy (I think) and the older Qvale frrom Williston, they went out of state. UND signed three ND kids last year though. Maybe if NDSU can make the Big Dance this year, they'll be able to win some recruiting battles against the out-of-state DI programs - Hanstad will be an interesting test.

Football is different - there aren't summer leagues for FB and BCS teams aren't going to spend time in ND scouting. Plus, unlike BB, it's easier to be a multi-sport athlete and get a DI offer and most ND athletes play multiple sports. Anyway, NDSU apparently got verbals from three North Dakota kids today: Brandon Jemison from Fargo South, Andrew Grothmann from Hillsboro, and Ryan Drevlow from Milnor/North Sargent. That's about as many ND kids as NDSU has gotten since moving to DI.
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby FSHBruins10 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:13 pm

flatlander wrote:Ooooh, didn't know that we were talking about basketball. DI recuits in BB are a little more rare - if a guy is good enough to play for NDSU or UND, more often than not, he is going to get other DI offers too. So while NDSU recruited Dufault from Killdeer and Hennessy (I think) and the older Qvale frrom Williston, they went out of state. UND signed three ND kids last year though. Maybe if NDSU can make the Big Dance this year, they'll be able to win some recruiting battles against the out-of-state DI programs - Hanstad will be an interesting test.

Football is different - there aren't summer leagues for FB and BCS teams aren't going to spend time in ND scouting. Plus, unlike BB, it's easier to be a multi-sport athlete and get a DI offer and most ND athletes play multiple sports. Anyway, NDSU apparently got verbals from three North Dakota kids today: Brandon Jemison from Fargo South, Andrew Grothmann from Hillsboro, and Ryan Drevlow from Milnor/North Sargent. That's about as many ND kids as NDSU has gotten since moving to DI.

No, NDSU usually gets around 4-5 ND kids a year. NDSU needs more talent than ND so they look at Wisconsin (gold mine for NDSU) MN, Illinois
Strive for Excellence
BRUIN PRIDE
FSHBruins10
NDPreps Starter

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges