23%
UND vs. USD
No votes
USD vs. SDSU
No votes

Total votes : 39

Re: Best Rivalry in the Dakotas

Postby ndfan » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:52 pm

champs0607 wrote:if und and ndsu actually played eachother there'd b no hesitation in pick that rivalry. but they don't, its died down so i'll say ndsu-sdsu

It's died down??? HAHA maybe on the field it has but that will change in the next few years here it's just a matter of time. BUT in NO way can the hatred each others fans have against one another is just making this rivalry even better when they get back out on the field. Go to the Bison message board or sioux message board neither can stand each other and each side will take shots at each other any chance they can. For as long as they haven't played its pretty funny how neither can stop talking about each other. Everybody else can be delusional on this subject :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby asiantangy99 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:10 pm

champs0607 wrote:if und and ndsu actually played eachother there'd b no hesitation in pick that rivalry. but they don't, its died down so i'll say ndsu-sdsu

ya i guess your right but if they ever play again then that will be the best rivalry again
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Postby champs0607 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:57 pm

ndfan wrote:

It's died down??? HAHA maybe on the field it has but that will change in the next few years here it's just a matter of time. BUT in NO way can the hatred each others fans have against one another is just making this rivalry even better when they get back out on the field. Go to the Bison message board or sioux message board neither can stand each other and each side will take shots at each other any chance they can. For as long as they haven't played its pretty funny how neither can stop talking about each other. Everybody else can be delusional on this subject :)

ok i c what u mean there. i know the bison and sioux fans still go at it. but the reason i pick ndsu-sdsu is becuz they are, presently, playing eachother. and as u said it will b back(on the field) in the future. i have a feeling that the first few games won't b pleasant for sioux fans being the bison have been in d-1 a couple years and rite now have the better talent
"Don't give up....don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Postby FSHBruins10 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:50 am

sportsking09 wrote:The Sioux will burry the bison in 2010 when hey play each other in football

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Strive for Excellence
122 State Championships and counting...
BRUIN PRIDE
FSHBruins10
NDPreps Starter

Postby steve34 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:56 am

VCSU vs. Jamestown College. VCSU vs. Mayville State. Dickinson State vs. Minot State. Black Hills State vs. South Dakota Mines. This post didn't allow for any of these. Terribly short-sighted.
steve34
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby homer » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:35 am

i agree i know vcsu and jamestown met for the 103rd time i think i heard this last weekend.only 30 miles apart
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jacks56 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:17 pm

MSU-B Lumberjacks vs. Trinity Bible College has a chance to be a good rivalry.
Jacks56
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EDC » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:12 pm

homer wrote:i agree i know vcsu and jamestown met for the 103rd time i think i heard this last weekend.only 30 miles apart

I agree this JC and VC is a great rivalry.

Nothing compares to UND and NDSU though

How long will it be till UND is ranked higher in a national poll in football. I give it three years - maybe less!

Of course, the Bison faithful say there isn't a rivalry - in other words scared that things are slipping away and in denial! Go Sioux (or whatever they will be called in three years)
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball18 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:03 pm

EDC wrote:
homer wrote:i agree i know vcsu and jamestown met for the 103rd time i think i heard this last weekend.only 30 miles apart

How long will it be till UND is ranked higher in a national poll in football. I give it three years - maybe less!

Of course, the Bison faithful say there isn't a rivalry - in other words scared that things are slipping away and in denial! Go Sioux (or whatever they will be called in three years)

slipping away and in denial? NDSU sells out it's games anyways, personally I'd rather play Youngstown, Northern Iowa, and Southern Illinois then UND, a transitional team
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby flatlander » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:19 am

NDSU's goals: 1) sell out every game 2) make the playoffs 3) win the Missouri Valley and 4) win some more national championships.

UND's goals: Achieve what NDSU has already achieved (#1 ranking, beating bowl teams, getting into an autobid conference, becoming the biggest school in the Dakotas, etc).

Sounds mean, but UND is using NDSU as a benchmark for succcess while the only benchmark UND serves for NDSU right now is a benchmark for failure. NDSU *has* to aim higher - at schools like Montana, App State, UMass, and even Minnesota.
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby tcbison » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:49 am

EDC wrote:

How can you say that the Bison are scared when it was the Sioux that cancelled the home and home agreement back in 2004? The Sioux ended the rivalry not the Bison. Now the Sioux have to live with that decision and they don't seem to like it.

The rivalry should come back, but it never should have been lost in the first place.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:17 pm

tcbison wrote:
EDC wrote:
homer wrote:The Sioux ended the rivalry not the Bison. Now the Sioux have to live with that decision and they don't seem to like it.

The rivalry should come back, but it never should have been lost in the first place.

"The Sioux" that ended the rivalry were misguided short sighted jealous administrative types and some coaches. I consider myself "the Sioux" and I never wanted it to end and you are right that I don't like it. Of course, NDSU wasn't blameless either back then and now SU has the same misguided short sighted jealous administrative types along with some coaches.

Our tax dollars at work.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tcbison » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:51 pm

EDC wrote:
tcbison wrote:
EDC wrote:
homer wrote:The Sioux ended the rivalry not the Bison. Now the Sioux have to live with that decision and they don't seem to like it.

"The Sioux" that ended the rivalry were misguided short sighted jealous administrative types and some coaches. I consider myself "the Sioux" and I never wanted it to end and you are right that I don't like it. Of course, NDSU wasn't blameless either back then and now SU has the same misguided short sighted jealous administrative types along with some coaches.

Our tax dollars at work.

I am just trying to figure out what NDSU could have done differently. They waited an extra year for someone to move up with them. SDSU took the chance and the Sioux didn't. After seeing NDSU have some success, UND has changed their minds to move up and now everything is NDSU's fault? It seems like people want to blame NDSU for making a good decision. I don't get it. I think that NDSU coaches and administration have done a fine job.

NDSU and UND will play again but it will be in sports like baseball and basketball before they can meet on the gridiron again. NDSU has games already scheduled and they need to honor those games first.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsking09 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:59 pm

baseball18 wrote:
EDC wrote:

slipping away and in denial? NDSU sells out it's games anyways, personally I'd rather play Youngstown,

in which the bison lose to youngstown state( yea lets rather play them, younstown state just plainly showed up ndsu), and the sioux only chose to discontinue the rivalry because they were doing what the bison are doing now; not playing each other because UND didnt want to risk the chances at the d2 playoffs by playing a transition team with nothing to lose(NDSU) just as the bison now do not want to risk the chance of their d1 playoffs by playing a transition team with nothing to lose(UND), end of discussion,
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby tcbison » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:47 pm

sportsking09 wrote:
baseball18 wrote:
EDC wrote:

slipping away and in denial? NDSU sells out it's games anyways, personally I'd rather play Youngstown,

in which the bison lose to youngstown state( yea lets rather play them, younstown state just plainly showed up ndsu), and the sioux only chose to discontinue the rivalry because they were doing what the bison are doing now; not playing each other because UND didnt want to risk the chances at the d2 playoffs by playing a transition team with nothing to lose(NDSU) just as the bison now do not want to risk the chance of their d1 playoffs by playing a transition team with nothing to lose(UND), end of discussion,

UC Davis and Sacramento State still played when Sacramento State moved up and UC Davis didn't. Those teams still play today. UND could have signed the home and home agreement with NDSU but they chose not to. That was a mistake and has created this whole mess.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsking09 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:14 pm

tcbison wrote:
sportsking09 wrote:
baseball18 wrote:
EDC wrote:

UC Davis and Sacramento State still played when Sacramento State moved up and UC Davis didn't. Those teams still play today. UND could have signed the home and home agreement with NDSU but they chose not to. That was a mistake and has created this whole mess.

yes i know und could have signed it but didnt, but do you not understand what i am saying, UND DID NOT WANT TO RISK THEIR CHANCES AT THE DIVISION 2 PLAYOFFS BY PLAYING A TEAM THAT COULD NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS AND HAD NOTHING TO LOSE(THE BISON), JUST AS THE BISON ARE DOING NOW BY NOT WANTING TO PLAY THE SIOUX BECAUSE THE SIOUX CANT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS AND THEY HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE!!!!
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:24 pm

Is the horse dead yet?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby tcbison » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:31 pm

sportsking09,
Whoa dude. You don't have to shout. If UND would have signed the home and home agreement 4 years ago, I gaurantee you the games would still be played today. Since they didn't we have the current situation. Decisions have consequences to them. UND has made poor decisions and that is not NDSU's fault.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:31 pm

sportsking09 wrote:
tcbison wrote:
sportsking09 wrote:
baseball18 wrote:
EDC wrote:

yes i know und could have signed it but didnt, but do you not understand what i am saying, UND DID NOT WANT TO RISK THEIR CHANCES AT THE DIVISION 2 PLAYOFFS BY PLAYING A TEAM THAT COULD NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS AND HAD NOTHING TO LOSE(THE BISON), JUST AS THE BISON ARE DOING NOW BY NOT WANTING TO PLAY THE SIOUX BECAUSE THE SIOUX CANT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS AND THEY HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE!!!!

What does Division 1 have to do with Division 2? NDSU being inelgible in D-1 doesn't matter for D-2 so your argument is moot.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges