Sioux Football

No smack talk is allowed here.

Re: Sioux Football

Postby Flip » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:58 pm

sportsking09 wrote:ineligible because of bad grades, but could be back next year(hopefully)

So he is still a student at UND?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking09 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:22 pm

i would believe so but, im not sure. i would think he would be because if i could fun like that and get rushing yards like that i would definitly work my hardest to try to get out there next season (which would be his senior year) and maybe earn a look from the nfl scouts or cfl scouts
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:57 pm

sportsking09 wrote:...i would definitly work my hardest...

Thats not to say he will. There have been many athletes, more talented than Ryan Chappell, that gave up at the first sign of adversity.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking09 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:06 pm

i just dont know how someone could give up the possibility of fame and fortune, i just think he will almost most definitly be back next year, either way the sioux are going to need alot more than ryan chappell for the texas tech game, hey im a hardcore sioux fan, but i think their chance of winning that game is about 4% - 5%
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsking09 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:13 pm

gameday is finally here, best of luck to the fighting sioux(even tho they shouldnt need any)
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsking09 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:09 pm

14-0 sioux, 8 minutes into the 2nd quarter
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsking09 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:36 pm

31-21 sioux, 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsking09 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:17 pm

Sioux win 38-35. congrats to the sioux stopping the 2nd half rally by the bengals and to their first win against an fcs oppenent while being in the fcs
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:26 pm

Good win for the Sioux, tough loss for ISU, might be their only shot at a win all year.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking09 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:12 pm

the sioux went into the 3rd quarter leading 31-7 and i think they got comfortable and started sluff off. idaho state then scored 21 unanswered points before und scored. idaho state scored again but time was expired. i think the sioux have learned the lesson that the game is not over until the final buzzer goes and that teams dont stop trying as easy as they did like in d2 football. but good win overall, making the sioux 4-0 on the year, and hopefully they can crack the top 25 in the polls
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby straightballer » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:04 pm

Ya Sioux big win ISU might not be great but they are a big D1 school and it was a good test for the Sioux. How big was Murray today....he is a beast.
straightballer

Postby sportsking09 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:52 am

i think he will fill in for chappell quite nicely if he can keep getting 200+ rushing yard games
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsking09 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:18 pm

i think this next game will be a bit more of a challenge for the fighting sioux, but im not to sure because i couldnt really find alot of info on how good southeastern louisiana is or has been, so for now im going to saw this might be a tough one for the sioux, but i wish them the best of luck
GO SIOUX!!!!
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby UND9296 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:37 pm

sportsking09 wrote:i think this next game will be a bit more of a challenge for the fighting sioux, but im not to sure because i couldnt really find alot of info on how good southeastern louisiana is or has been, so for now im going to saw this might be a tough one for the sioux, but i wish them the best of luck
GO SIOUX!!!!

SE Louisiana is a pretty good passing team, and that will present a challenge to the Sioux, particularly with the injuries at corner. They don't run the ball particularly well though, and defensively they appear to struggle. The numbers are probably somewhat skewed by having played a couple of FBS (I-A) teams, but they give up about 33 points and over 400 yards per game. South Dakota played them to the wire and were a failed two-point conversion away from sending the game to OT. I'd like to think UND is better than USD this year, so most likely this game is winnable if the Sioux play like they did in the first half of the Idaho St. game.
UND9296
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsking09 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:54 pm

gameday is approaching quickly, but yet not only this topic, but the entire things of colleges and universitites has been dead lately, any reasoning for that?
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:10 pm

This should be a close and good game but I am going to pick SE Louisiana, they played Louisiana Tech tough
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby Jacks56 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:22 pm

I'm just curious, I played high school football with Ryan Kasowski, Jake Landry, etc. How are those Central boys doing for the Sioux???
Jacks56
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsking09 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:08 pm

i dont know about kasowski, but landry is the back up qb for senior danny fruend, but landry has seen some playing time this year and did quite well he did play
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsking09 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:39 am

sioux lose a heartbreaker 38-35, they had a chance with 6 seconds left to tie it up but hellaveng missed the 49 yard field goal wide left, the siouxs record is now 4-1, but hopefully they can rebound from the tough loss by beating western washington in the alerus center for homecoming
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby tcbison » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:20 pm

sportsking09 wrote:gameday is approaching quickly, but yet not only this topic, but the entire things of colleges and universitites has been dead lately, any reasoning for that?

Well, it didn't help that the Wyoming vs NDSU thread got locked. You helped contribute to that.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsking09 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:56 pm

so that was a one game topic why doesnt everyone just move on like big boys and girls and go find a topic that is about the bison....oh wait...yippee, there just so happen to be on labeled bison football 2008
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby tcbison » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:20 am

sportsking09 wrote:so that was a one game topic why doesnt everyone just move on like big boys and girls and go find a topic that is about the bison....oh wait...yippee, there just so happen to be on labeled bison football 2008

Yeah, and you are posting on that thread as well. Keep in mind there is not supposed to be any smack on this website and I would be willing to bet you are on the verge of that. The whole NDSU/UND act is very old and I think people are getting tired of it. Therefore, people are posting eslewhere.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:04 pm

If you wanna talk about sioux football go to siouxsports and talk about it there, if ya wanna talk about the Bison go to Bisonville.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:30 pm

FCS football is tough. Week in and week out you are going to be playing some talented teams that carry a lot of scholarships. In Division 2 you still get a lot of teams only offering a total of 20 scholarships or less and running some fairly crazy offenses which don't work all that well against teams with the physicality of UND. Western Washington shouldn't be much of a challenge, but I'm interested to see how they match up with established programs like UCD and Southern Illinois.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Stromer » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:37 pm

sportsking09 wrote:i dont know about kasowski, but landry is the back up qb for senior danny fruend, but landry has seen some playing time this year and did quite well he did play

Are you kidding me? Kasowski is a big part of the LB corp this year. I don't even think you can call yourself a Sioux fan after making that statement! But I guess you have proven yourself to be nothing more than a troll so its all good then.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges