NATIONAL TOURNAMENT!

NATIONAL TOURNAMENT!

Postby Wombat » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:07 am

Right now in the Senior Nationals out in Virginia Beach we have 4 wrestlers still alive.

152 pounder Tyler Johnson from Bismarck has gone 5-0 so far, knocking off the #7 and #4 ranked wrestlers in the country on his way to a birth in the National Championship Match (CHampionships start tomorrow evening)

119 Pounder Justin Solberg, who placed 2nd last year at the Juniors Tournament, stumbled in the Semi-Finals and is now waiting in the consolation Semi-finals. He is gauranteed at least a 6th place finish and could place as high as 3rd. The top 8 in each weight class place and are considered to be All-American Statuts.

130 Pounder Josh Roberts from GF-Central has gone 4-0 Friday after going 1-1 on Thursday to find himself one win away from becoming an All-American. one win would gaurantee him a spot in the 7th place match, but he could keep on winning to advance as far as the 3rd place match.

215 Pounder Kriss McCleary fell just short in the Quarterfinals. He also is sitting one win away from becoming an All-American. If he wins there is a great chance that he'll face stand out Minnesota State Champion Jake Kahnke in a match that many fans have wanted to see all season long!

Other Seniors who competed in this torunament are:
Nathan Kleppe- Napoleon
Daron Hohbein- Mandan
Collin Englehardt- Bis. St. Mary's
Jake Bruns- Fargo South
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: NATIONAL TOURNAMENT!

Postby ndfan » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:02 pm

Congrats to all and best of luck to them the rest of the way.. Thats awesome to hear.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Re: NATIONAL TOURNAMENT!

Postby Wombat » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:30 pm

Tyler Johnson dropped a 1 point decision to a kid from Georgia in the finals to claim 2nd place in the country! (he's also since signed to wrestle and NDSU)

Justin Solberg won all of his consolation matches and came back to claim a 3rd place finsish! (he's also wrestling at NDSU next year)

Josh Roberts came up just 1 win shy of becoming an All-American and placing in this tournament (he's working on getting in to west point)

Kriss McCleary also came up just 1 win away from the placing rounds and an all-american finish (he'll be wrestling at NDSU next year)
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Wrestling