ALL State Team

Class A Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

ALL State Team

Postby maddog1971 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:41 am

FIRST TEAM:
Deng Deng, Sr., Forward, Four Winds-Minnewaukan
Carson Haerer, Sr., Guard, Bottineau
Tyson Wick, Sr., Guard, Hazen
Cole Holzer, Sr., Forward, Central Cass
Brooks Bakko, Fr., Guard, Kindred
Wylee Delorme, Sr., Guard, Devils Lake

SECOND TEAM:
Braylon Baldwin, Sr., Guard, Grafton
Trace Beauchamp, Sr., Guard, Beulah
Presley Peraza, Jr., Forward, Kindred
Atticus Wilkinson, Sr., Center, Shiloh Christian
Braylon Fisher, Sr., Guard, Des Lacs-Burlington

Any snubs or surprises? I was surprise at Brooks Bakko... he is the one of only 3 Freshman to make it on the team an the last 40 years. I was also surprised of Atticus Wilkinson being on the team. Very good player and would love him on my team but I thought Devils Lake would have one more.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Re: ALL State Team

Postby BasketballMind » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:29 am

Parker Brodina has a spot on this list somewhere. I don’t care where it is. Braylon Baldwin should be on the first team over Bakko. You can tell the voters don’t watch many of these teams play. I know there are less teams now, but there are far more great players in A than before in the old B. The second team could have easily had 10 guys on it and all would have been deserving.

Players left out with a legitimate argument for all state:

Parker Brodina
Landon Olson
Dalen Left Bear
Tony Villarreal
Carson Eggert

Who says no if these five are added to the second team? (Other than western ND homers)
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:04 am

The problem is that only 10 + ties were allowed onto the teams this year (Class B used to have 15 + ties).

Someone ALWAYS gets left off...plus balanced attack teams often have overlooks (Devils Lake girls as example with this one).

I thought Bakko was better suited on 2nd team not 1st...if that happened I believe the DLB player wouldn't have been on (the team is usually sent in the order of votes); Bakko and Delorme are most likely the tie among the 1st team
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby olufsen2022 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:43 am

WalkingStick wrote:The problem is that only 10 + ties were allowed onto the teams this year (Class B used to have 15 + ties).

Someone ALWAYS gets left off...plus balanced attack teams often have overlooks (Devils Lake girls as example with this one).

I thought Bakko was better suited on 2nd team not 1st...if that happened I believe the DLB player wouldn't have been on (the team is usually sent in the order of votes); Bakko and Delorme are most likely the tie among the 1st team

Bakko is a stud, but I agree with him being better served on the second team. I'd have a hard time believing Delorme was tied for the final spot on the 1st team. He was the best player on one of the best teams in the state all year. He'd be a lot higher on my 1st team list then tied for the last spot. I was a little surprised with Peraza also. Great player, but one could argue that he wasn't even Kindred's 2nd best player. I was also surprised to see only 1 DL player. Parker Brodina would make my list. Overall, a great list of players that we could argue could be shuffled around a bit depending on what you're looking for in a player.
olufsen2022
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:03 pm

olufsen2022 wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:The problem is that only 10 + ties were allowed onto the teams this year (Class B used to have 15 + ties).

Bakko is a stud, but I agree with him being better served on the second team. I'd have a hard time believing Delorme was tied for the final spot on the 1st team. He was the best player on one of the best teams in the state all year. He'd be a lot higher on my 1st team list then tied for the last spot. I was a little surprised with Peraza also. Great player, but one could argue that he wasn't even Kindred's 2nd best player. I was also surprised to see only 1 DL player. Parker Brodina would make my list. Overall, a great list of players that we could argue could be shuffled around a bit depending on what you're looking for in a player.

29 Teams with roughly 435 players statewide (assuming mostly full boys teams)
10-12 players on all-state team
2% of the division's athletes

Being listed on the All-State Team is quite the honor but it does not define you...Devils Lake got the ultimate prize as a team with a State Championship; far more important than any individual award will ever be
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:48 pm

Considering that votes are due before the state tournament, I would have been surprised to see Kindred not get someone on the 1st team. Bakko was the most efficient scorer on the All State list and averaged the 3rd most assists. Not shocked that he would make 1st team. I do not think he had the worst season of the 1st team players. Last year I think the voters may have got some blowback for not including a CC player because winning should matter.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:54 pm

BasketballMind wrote:Parker Brodina has a spot on this list somewhere. I don’t care where it is. Braylon Baldwin should be on the first team over Bakko. You can tell the voters don’t watch many of these teams play. I know there are less teams now, but there are far more great players in A than before in the old B. The second team could have easily had 10 guys on it and all would have been deserving.

Players left out with a legitimate argument for all state:

Parker Brodina
Landon Olson
Dalen Left Bear
Tony Villarreal
Carson Eggert

Who says no if these five are added to the second team? (Other than western ND homers)

To clarify, I do not have a vote.

I believe ND would be better suited with 15 at each level as compared to 10 at each level.

I can think of 16 players in AA who I believe should be All State. Very good chance a guy that averaged over 20 and 10 on a team that made state does not get in.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys